Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

Flight1 C310 in FSX

I copied the C310 files over to FSX from FS9 and it does a good job flying but there are a few visual problems like the virtual cockpit doesn't show, the 2d side views don't show and the tire & landing gear are solid black. Below is a pic of the radio stack and notice the COM NAV 1 radio. It's a picture of the roll trim knob. The click spots are there for changing & swapping frequencies and as you can see the frequencies are there and correct. Has anyone else that's copied over these files encountered this problem? Or better yet, know how to correct it?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166270.jpg

Guest allcott

You can't. the C310 is an FS2002 model, ported to FS2004. It will not work under FSX.Allcott

Not really too concerned about this, just wondering about the COM - NAV radio bitmap showing up as the roll trim wheel and where it could possibly come from. If I knew where it came from, might be able to fix it.

Hi Owen,The gauge bitmaps used in Dreamfleet's Cessna 310 are shared with other gauge components so what you are seeing is due to differences in how FSX reads those gauge files. You can try replacing the radio with another radio (default FSX or one that you like that works in FSX) using notepad to modify the panel.cfg file or if you have FS Panel Studio is should be a breeze to swap it for another.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Rockcliffe

Ah ha! The trim roll wheel. I was wondering what that thing was on the radio stack. I've learned to live with it as the plane works fine otherwise. I did see somewhere (on the DF forum probably) that someone had successfully swapped the radio stack with the one from the default Baron.A more annoying problem I find is that I can't set the altitude for the autopilot.BlairCYOW