Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ozzie

Any News Out There From ACES?

Guest _MSW_

It's now February. Anybody seen any news out there from ACES on blogs or else where concerning the progress (if any) on a patch to improve FSX performance?It would be nice if they would release some sort of progress report but I'm not holding my breath.Mike

This same question is asked at least every other day - if not everyday. Believe me, when an announcement is actually made, no one will need to ask... ...the news will be plastered on the "front page" of every FS website on the planel! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest JSPuonti

I believe it was said somewhere that the first patch was coming after January, right? December 2007, for example is "after" January 2007 if I'm not mistaken... I don't understand why some people are so impatient... ;)

I think the ENTIRE Microsoft biggest worry right now is the DST change and Exchange/ Outlook.By past history with their other products and updates - the end of this month would be about right.

Guest FxF3

OK its after Jan. where is the patch we want it now now now now now.:(

No no let them take their time.Which would you rather have:1) a half-baked SP1 right now, or2) a useful SP1 released a month from nowRhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Question for Phil Taylor if he is reading this forum.I have read on the UK2000 forum that it seems there could be an easy fix that could be made in the FSX code to enable combatibility with older FS2004 scenery - something related to how polygons are read, and enabling acceptability of FS2004 flatten/exclude bgls.Quote from Gary Summons"MS went to the efford of accepting the old BGL Opcodes, but simply got the wrong polygon side visible with this type of code. I reckon its a 5 second job to fix it in FSX source code. And also with Ground Polygon problems probably easy to fix in FSX source code, do both of them and it just a case of few flattens and AFCAD changes".UnquoteApart from the obvious performance and landclass texture issues that have filled alot of the posts on forums, is the above something that may be included in the update patch, such that many great freeware & payware airports etc. could be used within FSX.Also any possibility for backward compatibility of aircraft / panels too ---- wishful thinking?Looking forward to Phil's promised further update in the next week or so !Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Well dear Bill,No need to get a little hostile here. The posters topic is in his title, so if you get annoyed and tired by all those people asking you all those questions, don't read them.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

>Well dear Bill,>>No need to get a little hostile here. The posters topic is in>his title, so if you get annoyed and tired by all those people>asking you all those questions, don't read them.When someone smiles at you, do you assume that he's being hostile?I wasn't being hostile at all, but that's subject to change if you insist on parsing every thing others write to inject some twisted esigesis...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest nels

Not sure about everyone else but I thought this piece of news was quite precendented - cloud shadows on Hals blog...."Obviously, we have a rough schedule in mind, but, if we announce a date and miss it, then we're subject to all manner of conspiracy about why we're arbitrarily holding it back. If, by some miracle, we announce a date and beat it, well, then we rushed it to market. If we go into too much detail about content or goals for the update, then we run the risk of unwittingly promising something that we don't yet know we can't deliver (anyone remember seeing screenshots from E3 of a checkbox in our display settings labeled "Cloud Shadows"?), opening the list of changes to near limitless debate, etc."http://halbryan.spaces.live.com/Nels

Well, Bill, that's not actually true. There will be news coming that only AVSIM will report on. Stay tuned. :)