Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ozzie

Any News Out There From ACES?

>Well, Bill, that's not actually true. There will be news>coming that only AVSIM will report on. Stay tuned. :)Perhaps... Keep in mind that I might actually learn "something" even before AVSIM does... ;)Even so, news does seem to appear on AVSIM's front page in a more timely fashion than most other fs websites!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi all.Foremost, the Aces team has NEVER claimed that a possible Vista/DX10 rewrite will solve any performance problems. That future "patch", if it materialises, will simply be a version of FSX that will use the newer graphics capabilities of Vista... eyecandy.Next, the performance "patch" is being worked on by Aces. It will be available in the near future... perhaps as soon as 2-3 months. That change IS performance-related, and may include a few fixes to some other problems that snuck into the FSX release. It will NOT fix all problems... just some.That's all the Aces have promised.=========================================A further note. The performance patch may not help everyone. I can write this because I have read of individual systems stumble over the current FSX, while inferior computers are displaying just fine. I believe that situation will continue. The Aces team cannot customise FSX to everyone's system. The sliders are there to help with current performance issues. Everyone can have 30+ FPS if they turn the sliders down. If anyone expects they will have solid 30+ FPS with all sliders to the right after the patch, I think they will be disappointed. Very few systems will have the ability to do this post-patch.Dick

There are already patches available for XP and Win2003 - have been since last November.DJ

Guest Ozzie

Fair comments DickSomeone seems to be gathering quite a few unhappy customers along with those that appear satisfiedWhat a shame ACES were controlled from the TOP (IF they were?)