Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

JF store Pages now up for Real Taxiways addon (coming soon)

Here is the feature list for the $60 bundle version:

• 926 airports updated
  • Real-world taxiway names
  • Near real-world taxiway sign placement
  • Multiple variations of all sign types
  • Double-sided taxiway signs
  • Sign sizes are appropriate to the airport
  • Hundreds of airport sign 'personalities' for an authentic experience
  • No signs obstructing taxiways or runways
  • Drastically reduced lights in taxiway intersections, and almost eliminated in ramp areas 
  • No lights obstructing taxiways at most airports (option for all airports)
  • Signs easily readable from cockpit without zooming
  • LAHSO markings removed where they are not present in the real world (on every runway by default)
  • Corrected misclassified painted lines (such as dashed where a hold should be)
  • Destination signs match real-world charts
  • Enhanced runway entry lighting at large airports
  • Closed taxiways updated and signs added
  • Taxiway lighting now more consistent across airports
  • Recovered unusable parking spots (AI would not spawn)
  • Ramp areas can now be requested from ATC by name (e.g. ‘North Parking’)
  • Sign text padding corrected and more readable
  • Option to increase sign sizes when installing for even better visibility (great for VR)
  • Correct parking locations for GA, Commercial, Cargo, Military Cargo and Military Comba

Again, this is like most of the functionality you get from a custom airport, minus the visual part, for every single Class C, D, and non-towered airport in the US. I think it looks awesome. I think people that are complaining that this functionality should be built into the sim by default are being unrealistic. That would be like expecting every default airport to be the quality of custom scenery and complaining about having to buy any custom scenery.

• Like 1

962 airports is slightly less than all uncontrolled airports in NA. USA has about 5000.  Unless I'm reading that wrong.

No doubt the product looks great - it does.

Price is too much though. And I'm not the only one just based on this thread.

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I still can't shake the feeling that some people just want something - anything! - to buy for their sim. And at any price.

Edited by spacedyemeerkat
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

If I understand correctly, the signage won't be placed 1:1 where it is IRL, but placed based on FAA guidelines on where the signs should be.

But they're also fixing parking spots at all these airports.

Edited by Tuskin38

21 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

I still can't shake the feeling that some people just want something - anything! - to buy for their sim. And at any price.

And I think the people designing these add ons feel the same way. If someone comes out with advertising signs that go on airport buildings, my guess is they will sell thousands of them. People have money to burn, I guess. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Slash the price to 1/3rd and I might buy it.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

37 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

962 airports is slightly less than all uncontrolled airports in NA. USA has about 5000.  Unless I'm reading that wrong.

No doubt the product looks great - it does.

Price is too much though. And I'm not the only one just based on this thread.

Just curious, how many of the 5000 public airports are heliports, seaports, or grass strips? I'm not sure how or where to look it up but I'm guessing 962 encompasses most if not all paved airports that would have signage to begin with.

Edited by quantumpion

Fixing parking spots would be big if it is accurately done for airports.  I know at my airport, the sim puts a ton of parking in the grass off the runway that is simply not there in real life.  I'm not fully demanding total realism, but seeing planes parked in weird spots is annoying.  The taxi light thing is a big issue too.  As a mostly GA flyer, a lot of small airports have lights right in the middle of taxiways and such. 

The price is steep no doubt.  I would remind people that there are usually always sales too. 

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

There's a ton of screenshots on the various store pages including a couple comparisons. You can see what they mean when the signs won't match real life exactly. You can download the manuals for each product, there's a link at the bottom of the product description.

RxXxctd.png

wA7dzsI.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Pricing is high, but I think it's justified if you macro out what you're getting.

Think of what you pay for single products that don't get consistent use in every session (airport, aircraft) - this is a product that will impact your experience at every US airport.

• Like 1

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

1 hour ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

I feel the same way. If this was $100 you'd see comments "Yes but look what you are getting"

If it was $200.."Yes but look what you are getting"

If it was $500 "Yes but considering what you're getting, worth it!"

😆

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone know if this is compatible with the Zinertek/REX global Airport addons? And how will it behave on Payware (Freeware?) airport addons?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

This seems a classic example of where the base product has faults and rather than pay for an addon that claims to fix the problem why not raise the misplaced signs formally with Asobo? It’s not unreasonable to expect signage to be correctly placed.

Did FSX or P3D have this problem and was there a third-party fix sold for those versions?

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

I feel the same way. If this was $100 you'd see comments "Yes but look what you are getting"

If it was $200.."Yes but look what you are getting"

If it was $500 "Yes but considering what you're getting, worth it!"

😆

Actually I'd bet zero people would be interested in this at $100. Or even $80. $60 is probably the most you could charge for a single add-on unless it was some sort of certified simulator thing. Personally I am surprised that people spend $20 on a single airport that is just a moderate visual improvement over the pretty good Asobo defaults. Or pay $60 for an airplane that is so complex that you press a single button to automate any change in power or controls 😛 (I'm just kidding on the DC-6, it looks cool 🙂 ). This taxiway addon is the only addon I've seen that provides real functional simulatation improvement. Assuming it delivers anyway, it's not even out yet.

Edited by quantumpion

This is nonsense. JF are attempting a land-grab on MSFS2020. 

Folks taking their simming seriously - as mentioned earlier in this thread - have their own aerodrome charts - electronic or paper - (Little NavMap will give you Navigraph Data on aerodrome taxiways for free!) and simply don't have recourse to have to consult on-the-ground signage - which - quite honestly - if JF had said they've done this for 30,000 aerodromes I might have considered it - but they'e done it for under a thousand, in the U.S.

As some of us spoke about last year (after initial announcement of MSFS2020 and worries about Addons) - and someone on this thread mentioned - DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT!

Boycott it! You don't need it. And at those prices; they're having a giraffe - in a bubble bath - with bells on.

Leave it to Asobo and BlackShark to fix - I'm sure they'll get around to it at some point.

(And for our American cousins across the pond - "Having a giraffe" is cockney rhyming slang for "having a laugh")

https://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 4