Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

JF store Pages now up for Real Taxiways addon (coming soon)

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

why not raise the misplaced signs formally with Asobo? It’s not unreasonable to expect signage to be correctly placed.

Did FSX or P3D have this problem and was there a third-party fix sold for those versions?

Hum... There's a lot a posts/request in the Microsoft forum at least for the naming issue : https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/taxiway-sign-issues-naming-accuracy-size/184819 since the release. And it ranks  #15, taggued "not started 2021-2022". Some may wait for an hypothetical Asobo's solution or because they think it an important issue, may invest in this addon. Just a matter of usage. And there's a lot of different usage of the same sim, here.

I guess your second question was purely rethorical, right ?

• Like 2

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

The Sim that is MSFS2020 hasn't even been out a year - there's going to be some howlers in terms of errors. Taxiways are right up there.

In the immortal words of Morpheus; "Patience Neo - the answers are coming."

And keep your wallet in your pocket in the mean time.

After all - when PMDG 'et al' come online with their big jets - they'll be plenty to spend your hard-earned on.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

This is nonsense. JF are attempting a land-grab on MSFS2020. 

Folks taking their simming seriously - as mentioned earlier in this thread - have their own aerodrome charts - electronic or paper - (Little NavMap will give you Navigraph Data on aerodrome taxiways for free!) and simply don't have recourse to have to consult on-the-ground signage - which - quite honestly - if JF had said they've done this for 30,000 aerodromes I might have considered it - but they'e done it for under a thousand, in the U.S.

As some of us spoke about last year (after initial announcement of MSFS2020 and worries about Addons) - and someone on this thread mentioned - DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT!

Boycott it! You don't need it. And at those prices; they're having a giraffe - in a bubble bath - with bells on.

Leave it to Asobo and BlackShark to fix - I'm sure they'll get around to it at some point.

(And for our American cousins across the pond - "Having a giraffe" is cockney rhyming slang for "having a laugh")

https://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk

I do have charts. But I don't drive my plane around IRL using synthetic vision. Because that would be stupidly dangerous. I look out the window. Also I'm sure a lot of people use VR and this would work a lot better for them as well. I'm guessing you are just envious that this addon is only for yankee airports and not limey ones. 😄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, quantumpion said:

I do have charts. But I don't drive my plane around IRL using synthetic vision. Because that would be stupidly dangerous. I look out the window. Also I'm sure a lot of people use VR and this would work a lot better for them as well. I'm guessing you are just envious that this addon is only for yankee airports and not limey ones. 😄

No.  Not at all envious. 

I just think it's massively over-priced and if we buy in to that culture of paying this sort of money then it will set a precedence and this hobby will become something the wife has a genuine complaint about how much it costs, when the children have to go to school barefoot.

In the words of Sully; "Let's get real here."

• Like 2

I live in the UK but fly on PilotEdge in Western USA.  I use Foreflight for navigation.  Current signage in MSFS is a joke.  Perhaps Asobo will fix this in a year,  but £39 for accurate signage at 962 airports is good value and a download from me on release day.

• Like 3

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

57 minutes ago, quantumpion said:

Grrr how could a British Company like Just Flight DARE do the American Airports first !!!! 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

Hum... There's a lot a posts/request in the Microsoft forum at least for the naming issue : https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/taxiway-sign-issues-naming-accuracy-size/184819 since the release. And it ranks  #15, taggued "not started 2021-2022". Some may wait for an hypothetical Asobo's solution or because they think it an important issue, may invest in this addon. Just a matter of usage. And there's a lot of different usage of the same sim, here.

I guess your second question was purely rethorical, right ?

It seems Asobo don’t consider it a high priority issue. The addon’s price seems excessive but that’s a personal opinion.

Yes, I never had any problems with default signage in any I used.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It seems Asobo don’t consider it a high priority issue. The addon’s price seems excessive but that’s a personal opinion.

Yes, I never had any problems with default signage in any I used.

I Use Avliasoft EFB when I taxi and the moving map shows the taxiways with proper names. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I Use Avliasoft EFB when I taxi and the moving map shows the taxiways with proper names. 

Ditto for P3D. Great product.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

23 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You could also use Navigraph.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I'm glad we have free market economy and everyone can do what he wants, buy it or not.

Karl

• Like 2

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

my personal opinion: This is really crazy. I was happy that Asobo cured the weather/cloud texture addon nonsense and took commitment to a proper implementation, and now this. This is just missing core functionality, it must be part of the platform. JF can sell this to Asobo, perfectly fine. But I hope there is no market for stuff like this. 
But who knows, Flight simmers are really special… 

Edited by urthgental

3 hours ago, pmb said:

Does anyone know if this is compatible with the Zinertek/REX global Airport addons? And how will it behave on Payware (Freeware?) airport addons?

Kind regards, Michael

I was just reading through the manual, and it seems you can add any airport to an exclude list to prevent this product from enhancing any airports you have 3rd party products for. 

Obviously a manual process, but you can add any icao airport code to a .txt file. 

• Like 3

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I would honestly buy Aivlasoft EFB before getting this.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

5 hours ago, pmb said:

Does anyone know if this is compatible with the Zinertek/REX global Airport addons? And how will it behave on Payware (Freeware?) airport addons?

Kind regards, Michael

According to the documentation the replacement textures for the taxiway markings are optional, so it sounds like that as long as you don't install those there shouldn't be any conflict.

You can manually exclude airports via ICAO code to stop any conflicts with any addon airports you gave installed.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1