Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

JF store Pages now up for Real Taxiways addon (coming soon)

32 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Not sure if the devs frequent these boards for customer thoughts, but the moment they do Class B airports at $15 I'm in.

I agree. I definitely think Class B airports should have been included in this package.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

6 hours ago, espent said:

I agree. I definitely think Class B airports should have been included in this package.

I have to go back and check but I thought Class B airports already had correct taxiways handcrafted by Asobo. But maybe that is only the Asobo custom airports, I don't remember for sure. But I suppose they figure enough of the Class B airports are already covered by Asobo customs or 3rd party customs that there wouldn't be as much demand for it.

Or maybe Class B airports are programmed differently and require a different method to implement, maybe their algorithm doesn't work for them? It would be nice if they were included though, at least for the ability to choose parking ramps!

Edited by quantumpion
  • Like 2

I'm happy with Zinnertek's Enhanced Airport Graphics,  so I think I'll pass.

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

I'm happy with Zinnertek's Enhanced Airport Graphics,  so I think I'll pass.

They’re covering two different things.

On 7/19/2021 at 8:45 AM, johnnycaptain said:

To be fair, it seems to offer a lot more than just signage. Also removes taxiway lights from all over the apron, which I think is a pretty big feature. Options for different sizes of signage. Don’t know how they did it, but if it was manually done, this has to be extremely painstaking, so I’ll reserve judgment on their pricing on for now. I personally will pass for now though. 

To be fair, it is more than half of the price of the game!  I don't see over half of the game content in this ad on.  No way am I paying that..  MSFS will eventually fix the taxi signs.

And.... (a big "and") it doesn't include the B airports.  No thanks.

Edited by billkirk888
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Raising this thread back from the dead it appears that Just Flight may have been listing to the complaints to some degree and they have "Simplified" their plans for the USA Real Taxi products.
https://www.justflight.com/articles/real-taxiways-usa-two-addons-coming-soon

There will now just be two addons -

Real Taxiways USA - Class B, C, D & Non-towered Airports - £26.99 (cheaper & adds Class B)

and

Real Taxiways USA - Military Airfields - £12.99 (same as before)

Still not cheap but certainly better value for the civilian pack at £26.99 (including Class Bs) vs £39.99 for the equivalent bundle before (minus the Class B)

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 4

I really hope it can clear up all the taxi lights that are in the middle of taxiways in many smaller airports.  As a GA pilot this is more and more annoying to have giant lights sticking out of them middle of parking spaces and taxiways. 

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I'll probably buy this after the stink we all made haha!

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'll probably buy this after the stink we all made haha!

Yeah, to be fair, I think most people had an issue with the price, not the product itself.  I don't need the military ones, so this price point is a lot more realistic for me.  I still want to see how much it really does, but I can see myself potentially buying it. 

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I'm mostly a USA flyer so having correct taxiways is important.  Still I'm very surprised it wasn't in by default.  Obviously there's a lot more to this product than just naming though.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Congrats to them for listening to customer feedback, admitting a mistake, and correcting it.

Just off of that alone I'm tempted to buy it.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

The user guides for both the Cillian and Military Real Taxiway products are now available and both contain the list of Airfield each one updates.

Civillian
https://downloads.justflight.com/support/manuals/RealTaxiwaysUSAClassBCDEairportsMSFS.pdf

Military
https://downloads.justflight.com/support/manuals/RealTaxiwayUSAMilitaryAirfieldsMSFS.pdf

(Too many airfields to repost the list here but I make 105 in the Military Pack and 36 Class B, 519 Class C & D, 445 Untowered for a total of exactly 1000 in the Civillian pack)

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1