Sign in to follow this  
Guest flaflyer2

Ok, now I really have a problem

Guest flaflyer2

well, I have been lucky enough to enjoy fsx pretty well but recently when I am flying I am getting the sim1.dll error and shutdown. I know other posts have been made about this but there is not really a definitive answer and I realize there never may be one. Just to let you know it only happens when flying in europe. I have all the cloud9 x-class stuff, world of ai, and traffic 2005 which all run "fine" in any other part of the world. I tried taking x-class europe out but it didn't work. I also tried the repair option on the fsx install disc but that didn't work either. I haven't done anything major that may mess up my setup but all of a sudden there it is. It doesn't matter what time or season or location, eventually it all crashes around europe. I use a lot of ai obviously with no problems so it's not that either. What can I do, is there a specific file that I need to reinstall or is it a lost cause at this point. Yes, I know there are a lot of posts about this but most seem to be about fs2004 and fsx is much different as you all know by now. Also I know the first thought will be something like "don't fly around Europe" funny as that is, I think this a serious issue at least to me. As always I am thankful for anyone that can help.

Guest petepawn

I have had a couple of sim1.dll crashes in Europe too. I think that this has sth to do wit the amount of AI tfc. Try to lower you ai-percent a little, that helped me.Petteri PulkkinenVihti, Finland

It's possible that a particular AI A/C (or maybe just a specific livery) is only being used when you are in Europe (is it always near the same airport(s) ) vs other locations. Generally an error in Sim1.DLL is caused by an aircraft (either user or AI) doing something "wrong".

Guest flaflyer2

Thank you for the help. I am going to try to reduce the ai tommorow and see what happens. After all 99.9% ai shouldn't make too much of a visual difference (hahaha). It doesn't always happen around the same airport but I have noticed it more in the "middle" part of Europe. For example, Amsterdam,Frankfurt,Zurich and others around that area which has a lot of ai traffic so finding an offending ai will be a very long process. It's a shame because those are great airports for spotting and ai and I used to fly them a lot until this started happening. I'm also thankful that this is not a fatal problem and maybe with time I can fix it.

Guest iwantmydc3

Well did you have the problem before you installed the add-ons? I know it sounds obvious, but if not, then one of them is the issue--why it would just be a problem in Europe, I have no idea.My only problem with FSX is the "memory leak" e.g. after about 7-8 hours of flying with everythihg on max, the computer will "use all available memory." That can be fixed by dialing down scenery, I guess, but I want it all :(

Well, in this case "near" an airport would mean within the AI radius of a specific airport (and sorry, I don't remember what the AI radius is). Another thing to try would be the traffic toolbox tool from the SDK and see if you can spot a new AI aircraft being added right before the Sim1.Dll error pops up.

Guest flaflyer2

well ok, I tried several things. First, I lowered my ai settings but it didn't work. I also tried removing cloud9 x-class europe and reinstalling it but that also didn't help. I think it may be a specific livery in europe causing this like mentioned before. I have traffic 2005 and every world of ai package installed and it is not easy trying to find it. What I have done is use traffic 2005 for most of my traffic and then as each week a new world of ai package is released, I take that one out of traffic 2005. I am hoping for either a new world of ai package replacing the livery that is causing the problem or some way of checking to see if I have a bad livery but how can that be done?. With so many liveries it would be a very long process. I think that I have a better chance for the first solution. I can also delete traffic 2005 when traffic x is released, oh decisions, decisions. Thanks evryone.