Sign in to follow this  
michaelray

MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Brake Axis Issue

Hello 

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fix an issue with assigning the L/R brake axis. I just recently purchased AAO for Stream Deck functionality. Decided to assign aileron and elevator axis by AAO and liked it.

Problem is when I assign the brake axis, when the aircraft reaches zero velocity I can’t move the aircraft again. By applying the park brake and releasing it the aircraft can now move once again until it reaches zero velocity.

If I stop the aircraft with the parking brake and release the parking brake the aircraft can move. It is only when bringing the aircraft to a stop with the brakes that this is an issue. The brakes are not reversed. I have unassigned the brake axis in MSFS. I have looked for brake conflicts in all assigned devices. All animation look normal.

This issue occurs on the aircraft I have tried so far, C172 classic, C172 G1000, CTL, C152, DC-6, CRJ.

Regards

Michael

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

9 hours ago, michaelray said:

Hello 

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fix an issue with assigning the L/R brake axis. I just recently purchased AAO for Stream Deck functionality. Decided to assign aileron and elevator axis by AAO and liked it.

Problem is when I assign the brake axis, when the aircraft reaches zero velocity I can’t move the aircraft again. By applying the park brake and releasing it the aircraft can now move once again until it reaches zero velocity.

If I stop the aircraft with the parking brake and release the parking brake the aircraft can move. It is only when bringing the aircraft to a stop with the brakes that this is an issue. The brakes are not reversed. I have unassigned the brake axis in MSFS. I have looked for brake conflicts in all assigned devices. All animation look normal.

This issue occurs on the aircraft I have tried so far, C172 classic, C172 G1000, CTL, C152, DC-6, CRJ.

Regards

Michael

I had this issue with my Crosswinds too.
Ended up assigning them in the sim as a quick fix and left them there.
Might have another look at assigning in AAO if it helps here.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I also have Crosswinds, but never noticed anything like this. How old is your set? Maybe they are a different hardware generation? And what did you assign exactly - the Brake left/right aixs from the drop down list at the top to the left and right pedal? 

51324617123_4489c31365_c.jpg

51324617128_74ff02cb36_c.jpg

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thank you for your response Oliver.

The MFG Crosswind V2's are 6 years old. The are running Firmware V5.05 which I believe is the latest for that model.

Below are links to the images showing the assignments I have made.

https://imgur.com/YzNCyDX

https://imgur.com/W0nkAum

Edited by michaelray

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

On 7/19/2021 at 8:15 PM, michaelray said:

Hello 

Regards

Michael

I bought AAO yesterday and have the exact same issue with my Crosswinds. It seems whenever either brake pedal is pressed, moving or stopped,  when you release it it leaves a certain amount of brake force still engaged until the parking brake is set and released again. I can see this in the animation of the pedals on the C172. If you are moving it will keep a certain residual brake force on that pedal and pull you in that direction until the parking brake is toggled on and off then they have no brake force. I am assigning things correctly and all other axis work great just not the toe brakes. I have unassigned all MSFS 2020 axis. I have reverted back to the toe brake assignment in 2020 which works fine. 

Please advise

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Sounds like the pedals need recalibrating, or rather reset the windows calibration if you did it. Leave it uncalibrated, I had the same issue with Pendular Rudder Pedals from Thrustmaster.

Cheers, Andy.

1 hour ago, joepoway said:

Please advise

Are you using a mod with the plane?

Try using the brake events instead of the axis. Select "AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SET" / "AXIS_RIGHT_BRAKE_SET" with the event selector (second box from the top on the assignment dialog) and assign those to the pedals.

Other options: change Axis Min/Max (try 0/+16384 instead of -16384/+16384). Or calibrate the axis travel differently with the red/blue triangles on the axis control panel in AAO.

The really weird thing is, that I have Crosswinds too, but I am not seeing any of that. I only have that "move back to halfway pressed" when I keep the parking brake on. Once it is released, the brakes work as designed.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

4 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Are you using a mod with the plane?

Try using the brake events instead of the axis. Select "AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SET" / "AXIS_RIGHT_BRAKE_SET" with the event selector (second box from the top on the assignment dialog) and assign those to the pedals.

Other options: change Axis Min/Max (try 0/+16384 instead of -16384/+16384). Or calibrate the axis travel differently with the red/blue triangles on the axis control panel in AAO.

The really weird thing is, that I have Crosswinds too, but I am not seeing any of that. I only have that "move back to halfway pressed" when I keep the parking brake on. Once it is released, the brakes work as designed.

Thanks for the prompt reply but I had tried all the above mentioned approaches. The toe brakes and pedals work fine in all my sims: P3D, DCS, X-Plane and Aerofly and they work well in MSFS 2020 just as long as I use their axis setup. The only issue is axis setup with AAO and it’s only the toe brakes.

I will try the calibration suggestion above. 

By the way I use VoiceAttack extensively and would be interested in your new voice control option coming if you need a tester.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

18 hours ago, joepoway said:

Thanks for the prompt reply but I had tried all the above mentioned approaches. The toe brakes and pedals work fine in all my sims: P3D, DCS, X-Plane and Aerofly and they work well in MSFS 2020 just as long as I use their axis setup. The only issue is axis setup with AAO and it’s only the toe brakes.

I will try the calibration suggestion above. 

By the way I use VoiceAttack extensively and would be interested in your new voice control option coming if you need a tester.

Joe

Hello Joe,

the other simmer in the official forum says that switching to the Events fixed it for him. This is unfortunate, because I can't reproduce this, although I have the same hardware. For me it works with both options, axis variable and event. Very weird. Do you have any addons that could interfere? Something that "fixes" ground friction? Recalibrating the Crosswinds is a good idea in any case. But even if they were slightly off, you should be able to cut that part away with the calibration controls in AAO.

If you want, send me a message or email (address is on the last page of the manual) with your order number, then you can try the 2.12. 

LORBY-SI