Sign in to follow this  
xxd09

Cessna 140

Can anyone tell me how to get the “2 modern” glass aviation panels to display in Aeroplane Heavens Cessna140?

I can get a single Garmin panel -Garmin 430X I think-but not the two modern glass panel ones as displayed in the sales pictures 

xxd09

One of the chrome piano keys is for Avionics on.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

4 minutes ago, Car147 said:

One of the chrome piano keys is for Avionics on.

Yup, you can see me press it at 18 minutes in on this review, but the one on the right side which that displays is off by default to improve frame rates, so it needs switching on itself; use the switch on the bottom right of that GPS unit itself to do that:

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

19 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

but not the two modern glass panel ones as displayed in the sales pictures 

The G1000 has been removed in a recent update, I think. 

I notice that it is not present in the documentation 

Perhaps I should try without the Update?
xxd09

41 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

I notice that it is not present in the documentation 

Perhaps I should try without the Update?
xxd09

Here is the low down.

1.  release version had G1000
  2. whiney mob over at the main forums through a big tantrum about the g1000 being out of character
  3. they replaced the dual G1000 units with a single older style GPS in the very first update to keep them quiet

If you fly the release version (which is a wee bit buggy, mixture worked backwards etc etc) you will get the G1000s.

If you fly any of the updates at all you will get the various bug fixes but the dual G1000 will be replaced with the older style single GPS with AP.

NOTE -  There is PROBABLY a way to cut and paste the G1000 code from the release version config into the config files for the latest patched version and ghetto mod the dual G1000 back in, they are just default ASOBO G1000 after all, but I have no idea how to go about that, never tried.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

whiney mob over at the main forums through a big tantrum about the g1000 being out of character

I know, these people are ridiculous. On a GA aeroplane designed in 1945 and put into production right after WW2, pretty much anything made after about 1941 would be out of character on it lol.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

In my opinion, the GNS430 looks way better in that aircraft than the G1000 did. Dual G1000s was an overkill for this aircraft. The 430 is compact enough that it doesn't look like an eyesore. 

• Like 3

I made the decision to buy the aircraft when they replace the two ridiculous big G1000 with a single GNS430, it looks way better now.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

9 hours ago, Chock said:

I know, these people are ridiculous. On a GA aeroplane designed in 1945 and put into production right after WW2, pretty much anything made after about 1941 would be out of character on it lol.

I agree.  People should have /options/.  But don't just arbitrarily take it (G1000) away...

With options, if a person does not like the G1000 in this aircraft, don't use it.  Same with the 430.  Personally, I'd prefer a vintage panel with no gps.   But I fully understand and support those who do want that.  Man that is a beautiful panel, sort of art-deco in feel.

• Like 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

5 hours ago, Mace said:

I agree.  People should have /options/.  But don't just arbitrarily take it (G1000) away...

With options, if a person does not like the G1000 in this aircraft, don't use it.  Same with the 430.  Personally, I'd prefer a vintage panel with no gps.   But I fully understand and support those who do want that.  Man that is a beautiful panel, sort of art-deco in feel.

Well you do have the option of steam panel or GPS by hitting the Avionics switch. Though if you enable the AP in while in GPS mode it still functions when you switch to steam mode and you can still control the invisible GPS with keyboard shortcuts.

What changed is the type of GPS you get when you switch to that mode.  I suppose if enough people asked they might ship installs of both types. Personally I am not seeing a huge need (or demand)  for dual G1000 in an aircraft like this but there is no harm offering it for people that like it and prefer it.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

G 1000 was in the some sales platform pictures which confused me when having paid good money the item was not available in the plane

Surely both types of flightsimmers should  be accommodated ie the “pure” and the not so pure!

xxd09

• Like 2

5 hours ago, xxd09 said:

G 1000 was in the some sales platform pictures which confused me when having paid good money the item was not available in the plane

Surely both types of flightsimmers should  be accommodated ie the “pure” and the not so pure!

xxd09

I prefer the G1000, and have let them know accordingly... Why not just have the word not allowed option, instead the whinny brigade win again.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,