Sign in to follow this  
Magic Man

Virtual cockpit, but outside view only?

Is it possible to use the virtual cockpit but without showing the instruments? i.e. the external view only so that a TrackIR can be used to look around with the view over a Triple Head 2 Go and the instruments on another PC using WideView...?

If anyone knows how, please tell me. My sim pit is crying for that.However, I don't think so. I asked before on the cockpits forum.A plea to aircraft designers. Please, please give us guys who spend tons of money to build a pit with all these cool working switches and buttons a basic, out the window, no instruments VC. I know it can easily be done. If you want to add something we can use to align ourselves, put the aircraft nose out there. The wings and parts we would see outside the aircraft. If anyone knows of a T-38 that meets those wishes, let me know. I will forever be in your gratitude. John

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

>Is it possible to use the virtual cockpit but without showing>the instruments? i.e. the external view only so that a TrackIR>can be used to look around with the view over a Triple Head 2>Go and the instruments on another PC using WideView...?Wouldn't pressing 'W' in the 2D panel achieve this ?ie one view of the 2D panel with no gauges displayed,then second view with the VC displayed.Or am I not understanding you ?Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

i belive you need to run in windowed mode, not full screen. then you can then open as many windows as necessary -- including one that is just the forward view sans panel.suggest you check out a panel builders forum (if not already done). lots of hints/tricks on how these folks make their creations.one example: http://forums.flightsim.com/dc/dcboard.php...topics&forum=14--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>>Is it possible to use the virtual cockpit but without>showing>>the instruments? i.e. the external view only so that a>TrackIR>>can be used to look around with the view over a Triple Head>2>>Go and the instruments on another PC using WideView...?>>Wouldn't pressing 'W' in the 2D panel achieve this ?>>ie one view of the 2D panel with no gauges displayed,then>second view with the VC displayed.>>Or am I not understanding you ?>>Regards.>Ernie.Correct, in 2D mode remove all gauges with the 'W' key and you are able to look around with TrackIR bird view style. Very nice above mountains or when you are using FSDiscover... :-)

Do you know, I haven't really flown that much in FSX, still FS2004 while I'm planning/waiting for my new setup so was basing my request on the limits of the FS2004 view system.Just tried it and because of the new view system, i.e. since the 2d view is still basically the VC with a bitmap over it, two presses of the W key to remove all instruments and you're left with just the outside view which responds just as in the VC with TrackIR.Great stuff, thanks for that. Should look and work very well on a TH2Go setup I would imagine with a separate monitor for panels.