Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

MSFS 2020 Elevator

All of a sudden I can't take off. I have the honeycomb Yoke and Bravo Throttle Quad. I noticed that when I'm on the ground and test the control surfaces. When I pull back the elevator goes up and snaps right back to center. If I push in the elevator goes down and then snaps right back to center. checked the profile and everything seems to be ok. Any ideas why this is happening, Thanks Walt

Walt Popowski

Do you have any other hardware that might also be bound to the elevator?  Does it happen to all aircraft?

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

37 minutes ago, waltpop said:

All of a sudden I can't take off. I have the honeycomb Yoke and Bravo Throttle Quad. I noticed that when I'm on the ground and test the control surfaces. When I pull back the elevator goes up and snaps right back to center. If I push in the elevator goes down and then snaps right back to center. checked the profile and everything seems to be ok. Any ideas why this is happening, Thanks Walt

Take a look at your settings in MSFS and post what you have assigned to the elevator for the Alpha yoke.  Sometimes setting(s) for a device may seem intuitive but may not be the correct choice.  Also check your setting for autopilot functions on both devices.  It may be an autopilot function is active and overriding your attempts.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

15 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Do you have any other hardware that might also be bound to the elevator?  Does it happen to all aircraft?

15 hours ago, fppilot said:

Take a look at your settings in MSFS and post what you have assigned to the elevator for the Alpha yoke.  Sometimes setting(s) for a device may seem intuitive but may not be the correct choice.  Also check your setting for autopilot functions on both devices.  It may be an autopilot function is active and overriding your attempts.

-This is driving me nuts. Elevator in the yoke is assigned to the elevator Axis, nothing else assigned to it. Auto pilot not on and it still does it. Pull up on the yoke, elevator goes up for about 2-3 seconds and drops back down to center. Push forward, elevator goes down for a few seconds and pops back up to center. Changed the yoke to the default selection and it still does it. The last thing I did before this started to happen was to adjust the rudder pedal sensitivity to less. But that should not have anything to do with the elevator, at least not from the rudder pedals. There has to be something right in front of my face and I'm just not seeing it. Tried different planes to see if it happens to them too and it does, same problem. One of my awesome follow pilots will pull through for me I hope. Anyways I wish all of you Happy flying, I'll be up soon I hope. And thanks, hope to hear of a solution soon. Walt

Walt Popowski

Did you ever resolve this issue? It’s been happening to me lately. Plane can be Cold and dark or powered up. Doesn’t matter. 

Try to reassign it. Delete elevator axis and assign again.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

I had an issue with elevator trim wheel fighting me and returning to a position. Turns out the latest SU7 had enabled all the auto assists including auto trim

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Su7 put all assist to easy. Change it back to true to,life

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.