Sign in to follow this  
lupedelupe

The JF Piper Warrior II is here

3 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I'd consider it with at least 50% discount. It would be a third PA-28 in my hangar... that's a lot.

... and you still would not have any Hershey Bar Cherokee or a PA28 Dakota, PA28 Charger, PA28 Pathfinder,  PA28 Cruiser, PA28 Challenger or a PA28 Archer. There were an awful lot of different Piper Cherokee about, plenty more to collect.

This will be my 4th JF PA28 but personally I am more than happy with it.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

I was going to rush out and buy this, but the price is steep even with the 25% discount.  Part of me wants it because it will be fun to fly, but how much use is it really going to get when I already have the Arrows?

Still though I really enjoy the slower GA stuff.  I find I actually fly the non turbo Arrow way more. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

This bird is too much fun to fly to let it pass by.  I dropped for it with the discount.

• Like 2

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

It would be a better buying proposition to owners of the other two (or three if you include the Carenado one) if they'd put some floats on it. Float versions are admittedly fairly rare, and it's a tad underpowered for a float plane to be honest, but they are out there:

4fe383d2fc0d3be5b7f996da9305bcbf.jpg

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just been playing with the wheel fairings setting and it's making far more of a difference in cruise speed that I was expecting.

2500 ft 2400 RPM without fairings I'm getting TAS of 86kt, with fairings I'm getting 98kt.

I've just rerun the tests with standard weather conditions as I think the Live ones may have been a bit extreme and I'm getting 108kt with fairings and 97kts without so in test cases a > 10kt difference (I was expecting ~5kts)

Edited by Matchstick

19 hours ago, kerosene31 said:

I was going to rush out and buy this, but the price is steep even with the 25% discount.  Part of me wants it because it will be fun to fly, but how much use is it really going to get when I already have the Arrows?

Still though I really enjoy the slower GA stuff.  I find I actually fly the non turbo Arrow way more. 

I am very much in the same boat. For something that is essentially the same (and for me it is, looking at the same cockpit) the price is just too high. While I thought their 66% offering for the turbos was nice, this starts to feel like a "low effort" cash grab. Yeah the base quality is high, but there is just not enough new on the table.

And I also just cruise around in the non turbo arrow 3. It is my favourite plane next to the islander in the sim atm.

Edited by Deimos

It's definitely a difficult sell to many people who've already got one or more of the Arrows but it also, to my untrained "eye", flies in a distinct and different manner to the Arrows and is it's own plane.

It's not essential, sure, but it also doesn't feel at all like a "low effort" cash grab.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

It's not essential, sure, but it also doesn't feel at all like a "low effort" cash grab.

Yeah I knew that would be a little bit polarizing. Hence the "" around the low 🙂 I just wish the constant Piper stream would be interrupted by something else. And I still feel the price tag is to steep for the difference it has to the arrow 3

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deimos said:

Yeah I knew that would be a little bit polarizing. Hence the "" around the low 🙂 I just wish the constant Piper stream would be interrupted by something else. And I still feel the price tag is to steep for the difference it has to the arrow 3

It feels different to me, in a similar way that the C152 and C172 are distinct planes (not having flown anything but gliders in the real world I lack the vocabulary and experience to describe what;s different, just that it is 😉 ).

I also fully appreciate that it's not what everyone is looking for, and probably won't be a popular as the Arrows - but IMHO it's a good plane 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

I also fully appreciate that it's not what everyone is looking for, and probably won't be a popular as the Arrows - but IMHO it's a good plane 🙂

Long term, being still the basic trainer in so many flight schools around the world, it may end being their biggest seller.

I have both and they definitely fly differently.  The Arrows on approach with full flap needs a good fistful of power or you drop like a rock and cannot recover.   The Warrior on approach still drops like a rock with flaps and no power but then hits ground effect and sweetly flares and gently settles on the runway.

This is the first aircraft where I can't decide if I like it the most with the wheel pants on or off - they both look good!

Also, some nice repaints starting to appear.  I like this Yankee one.

https://flightsim.to/file/18197/jf-piper-warrior-ii-n2496x

The re-painter (JM Aviation) will be banging out plenty more over the next few weeks and days.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

This is the first aircraft where I can't decide if I like it the most with the wheel pants on or off - they both look good!

Also, some nice repaints starting to appear.  I like this Yankee one.

https://flightsim.to/file/18197/jf-piper-warrior-ii-n2496x

The re-painter (JM Aviation) will be banging out plenty more over the next few weeks and days.

In have to go fairings on - if the performance difference was smaller it wouldn't be so easy a choice, but... 🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

In have to go fairings on - if the performance difference was smaller it wouldn't be so easy a choice, but... 🙂

You wouldn't be saying that if you had to clean the mud out after every grass strip landing 😄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Matchstick said:

It's definitely a difficult sell to many people who've already got one or more of the Arrows but it also, to my untrained "eye", flies in a distinct and different manner to the Arrows and is it's own plane.

Yup, that's a fair assessment of it for sure, as it was with the P3D/FSX versions, where it was starting to look like Just Flight were going to produce every single PA28 variant for a while, and yet out of all of them that i bought for P3D and FSX, it was the Warrior which turned out to be my favourite of them all. It just has something nice about it, possibly part of that it that it's the one most people have actually flown for real, or maybe it's a bit of preferring the underdog, but whatever it is, it's got a little bit of magic in it somewhere. Just wish they'd stick some floats on it; it'd be a fairly perfect explorer aeroplane then.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here