Sign in to follow this  
lupedelupe

The JF Piper Warrior II is here

Does anyone know how to get the "clean" textures with this Warrior ?

I followed the instructions on page 7 of the Warrior PDF manual (several times) but nothing seems to change.

4 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

Does anyone know how to get the "clean" textures with this Warrior ?

I followed the instructions on page 7 of the Warrior PDF manual (several times) but nothing seems to change.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that this clean and default setup concerns only the instrument panel. As me, if you were looking for less weathered floor, it seems this clean textures doesn't change anything.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

16 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

For those that dislike the Red Upholstery that JF seem to love so much ...  someone has redone the Warrior interior in blue:

https://flightsim.to/file/18204/jf-warrior-ii-blue-grey-upholstery

It is his first file upload to flightsim.to, but it says: Will Fly..."Upholsterers to the MSFS 2020 Aviation Industry"

So I presume he planning to reupholster hangars full in future!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

5:16 The sounds of a warrior....

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Maybe I haven't paid attention, but does the mixture in any piston aircraft in MSFS work normally?  Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't appear to work unless you pull it all the way back, then it cuts fuel, no noticeable effect in between..  I'm not picking on the Warrior, but it's something I've notice flying different piston aircraft around.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I also noticed at least a 10 FPS increase from the default livery to the N8289A variant..  I find that odd, but good but maybe I'm having one of those days.

Edited by SmokeDiddy

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

2 hours ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Maybe I haven't paid attention, but does the mixture in any piston aircraft in MSFS work normally? 

It isn't perfect, and Asobo know they need to improve it, but it does work.

At altitude, if you pull the mixture back somewhere between 75 to 50 % the revs will climb.  It is a subtle effect.

I have seen this and CHT rise using the mixture control in lots of aircraft.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

It isn't perfect, and Asobo know they need to improve it, but it does work.

At altitude, if you pull the mixture back somewhere between 75 to 50 % the revs will climb.  It is a subtle effect.

I have seen this and CHT rise using the mixture control in lots of aircraft.

Ahhhh...I've really not looked closely at subtle changes, but I will now.  I think the A2A Cherokee has me a little spoiled and I guess my expectations are somewhat leaning in that regard.  Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

42 minutes ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Ahhhh...I've really not looked closely at subtle changes, but I will now.  I think the A2A Cherokee has me a little spoiled and I guess my expectations are somewhat leaning in that regard.  Thanks for the feedback!

Basically you need to be far leaner at a much lower altitude than you would expect to see in real life to see a difference.

With the JF PA28s you need to unlock the mixture lever and get way way down to around 15% lean to get  the EGT to peak once your at altitudes up around 8000 to 10000 feet.

Of course the OTHER issue is the other way - the Turbo Arrow is normalised and in theory should not need much leaning.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

I was just messing around on the ground with the engine running and wondered what would happen if I primed it. The engine not only stalled, but apparantly it was dead! I could not figure out how to restart it. Tried cranking it several times continuously, with and without fuel pump on, but it was toast. Even trying to set "Ready for Takeoff" in the EFB did not work. So what the heck did I do? 😄

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, quantumpion said:

I was just messing around on the ground with the engine running and wondered what would happen if I primed it. The engine not only stalled, but apparantly it was dead! I could not figure out how to restart it. Tried cranking it several times continuously, with and without fuel pump on, but it was toast. Even trying to set "Ready for Takeoff" in the EFB did not work. So what the heck did I do? 😄

If it's flooded, I typically pull the mixture back to full lean, throttle to max, then engage starter, then slowly add mixture and pull throttle back once it starts.  Not sure if this one works that way.

I’ve been flying the Warrior for 20 years and love it. Currently I am flying the PA28-151 (that’s all we have at Lake in the Hills) but it’s close enough. I trained on the Warrior II and it looks like this one is a winner, so I’ll likely pick this up today. 

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99
  • Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 hour ago, PilotPete99 said:

I’ve been flying the Warrior for 20 years and love it. Currently I am flying the PA28-151 (that’s all we have at Lake in the Hills) but it’s close enough. I trained on the Warrior II and it looks like this one is a winner, so I’ll likely pick this up today. 

Cheers, Pete

My club used to have a Warrior I (-151) as well as Warrior IIs and I always found it a bit nicer to fly as they have self centering ailerons which make them feel a bit heavier and more precise. They only built them from about 1974-1976 though so much less common than IIs!

• Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

8 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Cheers, Pete

I definitely do not regret adding it to my hangar.

• Like 1