Sign in to follow this  
CJ1045

XBOX Pre-load now available

3 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

Just shy of 98gig for the base download.

ISTR the standard version only being around 70GB initially. Has it really grown that much since release considering MS/Asobo were supposed to have reduced the initial download size anyway?

Give people power to really test their personality.

50 minutes ago, SamYeager said:

ISTR the standard version only being around 70GB initially. Has it really grown that much since release considering MS/Asobo were supposed to have reduced the initial download size anyway?

They're probably including the various World Updates.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

It looks like what I've downloaded is the Standard version. Will I have to download the Premium content on the Tuesday (it will be Wednesday for me), perhaps from the Content Manager?

Mike Beckwith

Yep, I own the Premium Deluxe for PC (via upgrade of Game Pass 'free' version) but only Standard downloaded on XBOX. I am thinking that I will be able to download Premium Deluxe Upgrade from the Market Place on the 27th as this is what is shown as owned on the PC version. 

Does this mean PC users who bought the premium edition will also get it for free on the Xbox? If that's true, I may buy an Xbox later.

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

24 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Does this mean PC users who bought the premium edition will also get it for free on the Xbox? If that's true, I may buy an Xbox later.

If you bought it from the MS/Windows Store, yes, it’s a play anywhere title meaning (among other things) the license is shared with Xbox 

Nice!

Here's hoping that the Xbox version does not have the bug where the download seems to get stuck downloading the same file over and over again. I've had it happen to me too many times on the PC version. 

9 minutes ago, AirlinePilot83 said:

Nice!

Here's hoping that the Xbox version does not have the bug where the download seems to get stuck downloading the same file over and over again. I've had it happen to me too many times on the PC version. 

You probably know this but some of the large files have the same name but come down in multiple parts. Once the whole set is downloaded they are unpacked and installed. You can see this happening if you look at the most recent files in the 'Official' folder when a download is occuring.

CJ

12 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

You probably know this but some of the large files have the same name but come down in multiple parts. Once the whole set is downloaded they are unpacked and installed. You can see this happening if you look at the most recent files in the 'Official' folder when a download is occuring.

CJ

Yeah, it's just that in some cases, I've noticed that MSFS gets stuck in an endless loop while download sim updates or world updates.

The only solution I found that works is to throttle my Internet connection using Netlimiter.

Edited by AirlinePilot83