Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Anyone else experienced sudden drop in performance?

Its weird to explain but my sim has these weird micro stutters all of a sudden and its really annoying.  I run a modest i7 4790k, 1070 and 16GB.  Sliders set to med/low with clouds on high.

I've removed reinstalled video drivers, removed all content from community fiddled with vsync on/off, used Nvidia inspector to tweak some stuff but nothing seems to work.  Before this drop off in performance I was suffering random CTD as well after a relative period of stability with decent performance.

My FPS is actually ok and I can run 30 most of the time, if I turn VSYNC off it can be in 40s 50s depending on aircraft location etc.

Any ideas?

Edited by sidfadc
  • Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

I'm sorry I don't know what to suggest that you haven't tried. 

Is it the same while flying with multiplayer and not? Maybe try that on or off, as well as setting a different server region. 

Maybe your internet connection is being wonky and turning off and on your router would help?

Have you tried deleting the local cache or turning it off?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Thanks I don't fly with Multiplayer on and I don't use Cache either, my internet is generally rock solid 350MB down and about 30MB upload.

Thomas Derbyshire

I noticed shimmering last night which I never saw before and couldnt get rid of even after thinking its on my end - new clean driver install - etc. - havent check today yet - maybe its not on my end after all

Rich Sennett

[CONSPIRACY MODE ENABLED]

They are secretly nerfing the sim to make the next update appear better.

[/CONSPIRACY MODE DISABLED]

• Like 3

Performance seems ok on my end.

Computer throttling down a bit because of the summer heat ? 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

Computer throttling down a bit because of the summer heat ? 

Dang !! Now i get it !! .. My performance is getting better and better by the day - we are in the middle of winter, lots of rain and cold and snow on some mountain peaks .. 🥶

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

9 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

[CONSPIRACY MODE ENABLED]

They are secretly nerfing the sim to make the next update appear better.

[/CONSPIRACY MODE DISABLED]

Haha, beat me to it Glenn.  My first suspicion is heat or some of the tweaks the OP has done, though V Sync can lose you a bit.

I do have a suspicion though that some random performance increases and decreases can come from the server performance (not actually proven though) or your own connection/ISP (always worth occasionally rebooting your router).

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)