Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Would You Buy MSFS Merch (such as shirts, and mugs)?

Would You Buy MSFS Merch (such as shirts, and mugs)?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. If the in-sim Marketplace sold MSFS merchandise, such as polo shirts, tee shirts, and coffee mugs displaying the MSFS logo, would you be likely to make a purchase?

• Yes, I would likely buy MSFS merchandise.
    • No, I would NOT likely buy MSFS merchandise.

With the XBox release of MSFS almost upon us, I would like to renew my appeal -- and the appeal of many others -- for Microsoft/Asobo to begin selling merchandise with the Microsoft Flight Simulator name and logo. Perhaps these products could be sold through the in-sim Marketplace. Perhaps they could instead be sold from a Microsoft/Asobo external website. But I personally think a lot of flight simmers would eagerly buy such MSFS products. I know I definitely would. Even if Microsoft/Asobo didn't want to devote a moment of their time to such a merchandizing endeavor, they could entirely farm the effort out to the typical companies who produce logo-bearing shirts, caps, mugs, etc.

Please cast an honest vote in this poll, and let Microsoft/Asobo know whether giving us MSFS merch would be worth their while.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Not for me..But each to their own.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Yeah.. I wouldn't mind a coffee mug. But only direct from MS / Asobo. I wouldn't pad a 3rd partiy's pocket.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I probably would buy an MSFS shirt if it wasn't stupidly costly - i.e. no more than 15 quid. I actually have a 'Chock' T shirt which I had printed up with a logo on it, with the intention of maybe wearing for a video on my channel, but haven't yet worn it for one of them; probably will at some point. Since I know that one of my own cost me less than ten quid to do (not including any cost of designing the logo and printing it off as a transfer, since I did that myself and had the transfer stuff already), that's why I wouldn't pay over the odds for an MSFS one, but if the price was reasonable, I'd probably have one.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Not at this time.  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, David Mills said:

lot of flight simmers would eagerly buy such MSFS products

Nope. Not me, I rather continue to buy DLC through their market place but neither mugs, caps, shirts or whatsoever. My wifey killed me if I showed up in fancy MSFS shirts or let alone underwear

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

A definite NO in lieu of NOT likely.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I would by a T shirt or Cap. I live alone and can do what I want.  😊

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 11

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I know what you mean. I’ve been stunned over the years to read on this forum how many men are totally under the thumb of their wives when it comes to flight sim purchases of any kind, even $15 scenery add-ons. I too do what I want with the money I’ve earned. 

• Like 2

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

I’m the top earner and handler of finances in my household so no worries there.  I’ll mention major purchases (ie hardware or other physical things that she’ll notice) to my wife and she’ll always just say “can we continue to pay the mortgage and buy groceries?”, that’s the extent of her interest in what I spend on hobbies.

On the survey, I’m a big flight sim nerd but clothes/swag wouldn’t be my thing.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

53 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I know what you mean. I’ve been stunned over the years to read on this forum how many men are totally under the thumb of their wives when it comes to flight sim purchases of any kind, even $15 scenery add-ons. I too do what I want with the money I’ve earned. 

My wife and I are a team.  I make the majority of the income but we decide and budget together.  Sometimes flight sim addons aren't high on the priority list and that's okay.  Maybe I misread what you wrote but it seemed pretty condiscending to married folks.

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes, and we asked them quite a while back and they said they were going to have something for merch, but haven't heard anything in a while.

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I would consider Just Flight or PMDG merch maybe but wearing MS branded gear is too much like wearing an Apple shirt for me. 

The main market for MS gear would likely be the XBox kiddies so it would need to pass the parental expenditure test.