Sign in to follow this  
Tayyareci

Idea: "More categorization available ?" [MSFS FORUM]

Hi,

I have been following AVSIM MSFS Forum as a reference for most of the time and I'am quite appreciated about what AVSIM provides us for long years.

On the other hand I feel MSFS forum looks a bit messy. Lots of various topics in the same list and it takes time to choose which ones are on your radar or not. Wouldn't it be nice to have some major categories such as "Aircraft - Scenery - Utility and General Discussion" ?  

It's just a personal idea but I wan't to hear if anybody else thinks the same ? I thought we can have more structurally orginised discussion and information platform. 

Kind rgards.   

• Like 1

Faruk IŞIK

We need a Pre- patch forum. Just call it "dooms day " or " its the end of MSFS 2020" forum. 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

There are a lot of sub forums on AVSIM already Tayyrareci, some would say too many.  I've also posted on some of these in the past and not got any response as some of them are not so well used.

I must say that personally, I have no problems with things the way they are, though as things evolve and a forum gets too busy, a sub forum or two will be created.

Edited by cianpars
  • Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I think there are enough already. Imagine if MSFS was split into Aircraft, Scenery etc people would want Aircraft to be split into Commercial, GA and Military and then that into Single Engine, Twin Engine, Fixed Gear and on and on. Having everything MSFS related in one forum is the best idea I think. 

• Like 1

The more sub forums there are the less active they all are. I or someone else might know the answer to something posted in a sub forum but because I’m not looking at that forum it doesn't get seen.

• Like 1

I like how it is. When you go onto the MSFS forums, there are so many categories that when you try to find a specific topic you end up having to pop in and out of each category and it's subcategory that you get lost and I find it runs very poorly on my phone. I still find myself coming back to avsim daily as anything MSFS is in one section and I can just scroll through the pages and anything that gets commented on gets pushed to the top. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think it's just fine as is, but - dare I say it - a new Xbox Subforum might be handy especially if there's specific issues related to that, much like the VR sub forum which is handy and neat & tidy so to speak.

Agree with Guy above, the MSFS forums are a bit messy and it's a pain to navigate around with the phone app, not to mention their forum software isn't very good IMO.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

The only thing Avsim is missing is a "Mental & Physical Health Forum". We could post tips on how to prevent anxiety, pre & post update stress disorder, hyperventilation, and other flight simulation related health issues. I'm 1000% sure we need this. 😁

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

We should encourage posters to use meaningful thread titles, with keywords, just like the OP did.  Then we won't need more sub-fora.

I cringe when I see titles such as:  "MSFS"  or "what do you think?"

• Like 3

I proposed this for the MSFS forums two days ago, strictly based on moderators appropriately moving topics that get started elsewhere:

"Brags, Raves, Rants, and Trolls"

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

The only thing Avsim is missing is a "Mental & Physical Health Forum". We could post tips on how to prevent anxiety, pre & post update stress disorder, hyperventilation, and other flight simulation related health issues. I'm 1000% sure we need this. 😁

I began a long recovery from add-on fatigue when FS2020 came out. I still have the occasional nightmare about CTDs and an unseen entitity whispering 'flush your shader cache'. 

• Like 1

Nope, I like Avsim the way it is.  One-stop shopping is the way to go... especially considering the subjectivity involved with placing the correct topic in the correct forum.  All of the sub-forums on the MSFS Official site and X-Plane.org give me a headache and it's very easy to miss important threads if you don't feel like delving into all of them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jetlag said:

We should encourage posters to use meaningful thread titles, with keywords, just like the OP did.  Then we won't need more sub-fora.

I cringe when I see titles such as:  "MSFS"  or "what do you think?"

Oh god, yes. If I see another couple of "did you notice x", "is it just me or y" or "anyone else z" I'm going to tear my hair out.

This, plus the general laziness of people who don't bother if the same thread already exists several times and simply open another one on the same topic is what makes this forum most annoying to me.

• Like 2

Thanks for all replies. Looks like most of us pretty happy with the current shape. At least we have seen what we prefer in general. Good to hear different ideas. 

Kind regards. 

Faruk IŞIK

A "Gliders" sub-section 😁

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...