Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

Seafront: Vessels Enhanced AI and Global Shipping!

17 hours ago, Noooch said:

I just want to add that I see Henrik's ships from 25000ft...

Hi @Noooch I'm fairly sure (although not 100%) that in terms of appearance the 'wanderboats' that underpin the leisure traffic in Enhanced AI work on a different basis to the standard, routed ships that the other (default routed) bit of Enhanced AI, Global Shipping, Henrick's mod and the very few default shipping routes run on. I think they're more heavily 'optimised' so they don't show up from really far away. That would have made sense in the FSX days but we feel it more now. There's also the issue of the leisure boats being a lot smaller and therefore very little chance indeed that they'll show at those sort of altitudes. The wanderboats are really for low level flying as far as I know.

Edited by Seafront Simulations

On 8/9/2021 at 4:45 PM, Noooch said:

I just want to add that I see Henrik's ships from 25000ft...

Hi @Noooch apologies for the cross posting but someone over on the official forum has just suggested this could be a video driver issue and has it fixed (for them at least). Let me know if it resolves it for you.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/announcement-vessels-global-shipping-seafront-simulations/427438/73

17 minutes ago, Seafront Simulations said:

Hi @Noooch apologies for the cross posting but someone over on the official forum has just suggested this could be a video driver issue and has it fixed (for them at least). Let me know if it resolves it for you.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/announcement-vessels-global-shipping-seafront-simulations/427438/73

I just tracked down the Studio version and just installed. Going to do my first flight over the PNW channels and see (this is where I have seen A.I. Enhanced sailboats and motorboats WHOOSH from your eyes.  Wish me luck!

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/179683/en-us

🙂

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I just tracked down the Studio version and just installed. Going to do my first flight over the PNW channels and see (this is where I have seen A.I. Enhanced sailboats and motorboats WHOOSH from your eyes.  Wish me luck!

🙂

Good luck! It needs to be a fresh install too apparently. We have tested around Nice, France in VR where there are a lot of the AI wanderboats and so far so good with the studio drivers but let us know.

On 8/11/2021 at 6:15 PM, Sesquashtoo said:

🙂

How did it go @Sesquashtoo?

46 minutes ago, Seafront Simulations said:

How did it go @Sesquashtoo?

I tried the latest Studio version and had no CTD's and I noticed that your wake effect dual streams were not chopped and truncated.  But...in all my G1000 Garmin displays, the display was barely readable, or not rendered at all. I then went back to the same driver suite but with the GAME version and all my displays rendered right. I also did not have CTD's so, I do advise for others to use the Game , and not the Studio suite. 

I purchased the Enhanced AI pack and love the models that are included. I have the in game leisure boat slider maxed out at 100 and in testing in multiple coastal areas the spawn rate is so low. Loading up around Friday Harbour, there was one sailing boat moving around. 

Is there anyway in the configs or something to set the leisure boats higher than 100? Or anything you guys @Seafront Simulations can do in the SDK?

Nothing wrong with the product at all, it does exactly what it says it will do and I am really happy with the results when I see them. My only issue is I don't see the full benefits because of how little traffic MSFS is spawning despite the slider being maxed out. Compared to road traffic the slider just seems broken.

• Like 1

Seafront Simulations last products updated!
Launch Orbx Central to update them.
👍

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I purchased both products today and went straight to Portsmouth & across to Cowes then onto Southampton, an area usually teaming with vessels in real life.  I flew low and slow and to be honest, I was somewhat underwhelmed with the lack of traffic in the channel and in the ports which were virtually empty. I am yet to be convinced that this product is good value for money in this area at least. Has anybody found an area around the UK suitably populated I can check out? Both sliders were at 100% obviously. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

12 hours ago, Espana Pete said:

I purchased both products today and went straight to Portsmouth & across to Cowes then onto Southampton, an area usually teaming with vessels in real life.  I flew low and slow and to be honest, I was somewhat underwhelmed with the lack of traffic in the channel and in the ports which were virtually empty. I am yet to be convinced that this product is good value for money in this area at least. Has anybody found an area around the UK suitably populated I can check out? Both sliders were at 100% obviously. 

Hi @Espana Pete Can you check if you can see our cargo ships moving through the Gibraltar Strait (LXGB) please? I'm not sure if it has installed correctly or not.

2 hours ago, Seafront Simulations said:

Hi @Espana Pete Can you check if you can see our cargo ships moving through the Gibraltar Strait (LXGB) please? I'm not sure if it has installed correctly or not.

Here is Gibraltar:

Gib-2021-08-14-075501.png

And below, an empty Dover port. Flew over to Calais and did not see a single ferry on the way although some cargo ships.

Dover-2021-08-14-085032.png

Are my expectations too high or are very busy ferry routes on the to do list?

Edited by Espana Pete

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

3 hours ago, Espana Pete said:

Here is Gibraltar:

Gib-2021-08-14-075501.png

And below, an empty Dover port. Flew over to Calais and did not see a single ferry on the way although some cargo ships.

Dover-2021-08-14-085032.png

Are my expectations too high or are very busy ferry routes on the to do list?

Hi @Espana Pete Global Shipping is focused on Cargo, Utility and some trawler activity rather than ferries but we may add some in future. Dover will get some attention in the next update.

Can you send a close up of the ships you're seeing in Gibraltar please? It looks like one of the ships might not be ours so I'm wondering if Enhanced AI is working for you properly.

You can send them to contactus@seafrontsims.com

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by Seafront Simulations
  • Like 1

I did an update through OrbX Central. Question: I see many helipads on the ships, but when i try to land on it i fall right down into the sea. They are not landable. Is this something for future update? I would suggest make ALL ships rock solid.

Kind regards Bouwe

• Like 1

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

3 minutes ago, bbking said:

I did an update through OrbX Central. Question: I see many helipads on the ships, but when i try to land on it i fall right down into the sea. They are not landable. Is this something for future update? I would suggest make ALL ships rock solid.

Kind regards Bouwe

Apparently solid landing spots are still not possible on moving objects.  Its an Asobo problem.