Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

Thanks..Flight One for the FSX Conquest.

In a day when many manufacturers are charging for FSX upgrades (which are necessary...I understand), let me be one of the first to thank Flight One for the FSX upgrade to the marvelous Conquest for FREE!I downloaded it yesterday, and haven't stopped flying it. She's gorgeous, and a delight to fly. Thank you very much for this FSX addition. It's wonderful and very gracious of you to provide it.My compliments to your fine company....I've bought a lot over the years, and I will continue to do business with you.

Yes! Thank You Flight One!I ran to download the update, opened the installer and realized I never bought the plane lol! I thought I had EVRYTHING from Flight One. I shortly will... ;)You are a CLASS "A" outfit. Thanks for the excellent FS Software and thanks for keeping the "spirit". It goes a LONNNNNG way these days in this business...

I've never used the Conquest with FS9 but I did use the 421C Golden Eagle in the FS9 days and I thought that was one of the finest aircraft addons todate. How, in your opinion, is the Conquest compared to the Flight1 421C Golden Eagle? Also, does the Conquest have it's own panel GPS like the Golden Eagle?Kerke

I love the 421 also and can't wait till the FSX version comes along!Curious is the FSX conquest a port to work or was it recompiled to have shelf shadowing, bumpmapping, etc?Regards, MichaelKDFWNot anti FS9, just pro FSX!

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

>I've never used the Conquest with FS9 but I did use the 421C>Golden Eagle in the FS9 days and I thought that was one of the>finest aircraft addons todate. How, in your opinion, is the>Conquest compared to the Flight1 421C Golden Eagle? Also, does>the Conquest have it's own panel GPS like the Golden Eagle?>>KerkeHi Kerke, (Capt, I presume? :-) )The 441 was developed some years back. Actually, it was title that was ahead of it's time in many ways, but for some reason was a little misunderstood. At that time, we used the default FS9 GPS.The FSX version is a compatibility update. But don't let anyone fool you, it was much more than a simple installer rebuild. We had to fix a lot of things that FSX broke. But what we have done is allowed purchasers to use both platforms for the same price. If you own one, you have access to the other at no additional cost. No, it does not have self shadowing or bump mapping, which are nice visual things, but if you are flying in the cockpit, you won't notice any difference. And... We did not charge users for the time spent getting it to work right with FSX.Now... your post made me think a little bit. We have a pretty nice 530 that we have developed for other purposes. So... I will see what I can do about getting it grafted into "both" the FS9 and FSX versions and again... at no cost to the user. How is that for a deal?Regards,Jim

Guest Stoopy

Can I suggest some pics of this bird be put in this here thread?Puurrty please? With sugar on it? Those of us without it.....would love to see 'em.AND, for most developers, one of the most gratifying ways to be thanked is to see their hard work being employed in flight...am I right, folks?

JimSince you're following this thread and there was a request for some screen shots for the 441, I wanted to address something with a couple of FS9 screen shots.When the Aeroworx B200 was updated, part of the update was a "softening" of the prop disk animation which was an unvoiced complaint of mine. The prop disk as the prop rotated in flight appeared to be too hard (edges). There is this entry in their cfg for each texture."prop_anim_ratio = 0.97"I have the same unvoiced (before now) complaint about the 441 prop disk animation.I tried this entry in the 441 cfg but there must be more to it than just the entry. Just like nice wheels will dress up any car, I think a realistic prop animation does the same thing for FS airplanes.Any ideas?Thankshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166930.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166931.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166932.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166933.jpg

Hello,Thanks for the pics. For every one person that dislikes something, there is another that will complain about why you changed it and vice versa. This is the first time I had heard of this concern. In all honesty, we will most likely not change this. But thanks for your observations.Jim

>"prop_anim_ratio = 0.97"Just for the record, that parameter is used to scale the visual animation in real time, and has nothing to do with the issue you've mentioned, which has more to do with a prop texture's alpha transparency level.The prop_anim_ratio setting of 0.97 as mentioned simply means that the visual animation will be 97% of whatever the sim calculates for the prop's rpm.If the sim calculates 1000 rpm for the prop, visually it will rotate at 970 rmp "on screen." ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Daryll,Please note that there are TONS of things we are working on (on many products and back end systems)... Vista compatibility alone is taking many hours, not just FSX!A small request is nice, but we can't address each small request individually. They could maybe be part of a cumulative update later.Making a friendly request is OK. We will take notice. It appeared your response was sarcastic. Maybe you were refering to something else.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software