Sign in to follow this  

41 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

the day i wear  at  hat indoors is  only  when my roof  disappears  and  the  sun is  shinning  down on me:) , beside  makes it  hard  to  talk  to atc  if  your not  wearing  a head set

Don't wear a hat, just a visor. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Why wear a hat, only a headset (that I use with MCE and ATC) with the track clip on the side, very light and practical...

• Like 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

The only "problem" with the visor is that like any piece of headwear it will accumulate a little wear, tear, dirt and grime as time goes on, and being (originally) white, it becomes kind of obvious.  But although it may lose some of it's original luster, in my opinion the visor should never be washed or cleaned in any way for the same reason that you don't ever wash a baseball cap.  You want all that oil, dirt and grease that's accumulated because it's now a vital part of who you are in your virtual piloting experience, with every dirt particle and dust mite representing a successful landing, inverted bridge pass or harrowing sortie that you've lived through.  Even though a small potato fell out from behind my ear after a hard landing the other night, I don't recommend washing it because then all the magic, experience and luck would be lost forever.

gIxhcYC.jpg

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Lately I have been having a problem with TIR5 and Proclip with MSFS. I can turn on the program and get the setup screen but it will not track except on a few rare occasions. When I start MSFS the camera registers that it recognizes the MSFS (right light of camera on) but the left light remains off. In the past after a short time the left light would appear and the camera track but intermittently. Now that left camera light will not come on at all. I have changed IR Brightness levels, changed USB locations all to no avail. Has anyone else suffered a similar issue? The camera is at least 10 years old and perhaps is failing? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rick 

Sounds like you readly for a new one.😞

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

38 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

The only "problem" with the visor is that like any piece of headwear it will accumulate a little wear, tear, dirt and grime as time goes on, and being (originally) white, it becomes kind of obvious.  But although it may lose some of it's original luster, in my opinion the visor should never be washed or cleaned in any way for the same reason that you don't ever wash a baseball cap.  You want all that oil, dirt and grease that's accumulated because it's now a vital part of who you are in your virtual piloting experience, with every dirt particle and dust mite representing a successful landing, inverted bridge pass or harrowing sortie that you've lived through.  Even though a small potato fell out from behind my ear after a hard landing the other night, I don't recommend washing it because then all the magic, experience and luck would be lost forever.

gIxhcYC.jpg

Mine got exactly like that after years and years of wear. I finally bought a new one this year, in black instead of white. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just to lead some to  the water!

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Migrating to EdTracker Pro + Opentrack was the cheapest and most rewarding change I had after my TIR broke...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Also have a look at this option

https://grassmonkeysimulations.com/product/puck-ir-bundle/

I got the puck kit including the modified PS3 Eye and it works a treat once you get the curves adjusted. The owner of the company Roger is super helpful. I can highly recommend. I nearly brought a TrackIR but the pricing in CDN $ was just ridiculous   

• Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Why isn’t anyone switched to EyeFinity?

Better tracking than TIR and no headgear required!

Chris Camp

14 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Why isn’t anyone switched to EyeFinity?

Better tracking than TIR and no headgear required!

Didn’t know it was a thing, I’ll google it.. got a link, lots of garbage links come up when I google it.

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

1 hour ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Didn’t know it was a thing, I’ll google it.. got a link, lots of garbage links come up when I google it.

From what I can find, EyeFinity seems to be an AMD application for using multiple monitors.

Anyone have more info?

Al

I would totally stop flying if I couldn't us TRACK IR.....To me it's that good..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RodgerC said:

I would totally stop flying if I couldn't us TRACK IR.....To me it's that good..

Track IR is pretty much the gold standard for most simmers. Almost every Youtube video for years, always mentions Track IR is their method for looking around. 

• Like 1