Sign in to follow this  

Just now, captain420 said:

I see, also should I be using Seth Flight or Seth FPS profile?

Flight for MSFS.

FPS is for First Person Shooters like PUBG or Fortnite.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

Even better than a pause button on your joystick is a button on your mouse. I have a mouse with two extra buttons on the side. Most times that you may want to pause is to be able to click switches etc - in otherwords, while using your mouse. Having pause assigned to the mouse is very natural.

Grab mouse, pause, click, click, unpause. I find this way more intuitive than a pause assigned on the controllers.

• Like 4

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

3 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Flight for MSFS.

I admire your patience Glen. 

I have had 3 trackIR, the first with the "hat Clip" #3 and a #5. #3 & 5 are with the track pro and it is 10x better than the hat clip all 3 points have a light scorce not replying on a refletive strip. It make the TrackIR so much more precise and useable in any light.. Its like night and day the diffrence. Yes there not the strongest thing but it sits on my head set and when that comes off it goes on a stand. Also the join that people break is just a tape up thing nothing more what a bit of tape can fix but after 2 with it, ive never broke one in counless years. I would not buy a TrackIr without the proclip.

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

Even better than a pause button on your joystick is a button on your mouse. I have a mouse with two extra buttons on the side. Most times that you may want to pause is to be able to click switches etc - in otherwords, while using your mouse. Having pause assigned to the mouse is very natural.

Grab mouse, pause, click, click, unpause. I find this way more intuitive than a pause assigned on the controllers.

Yes thats a great way and why mine is on my throttle thumb hat switch, on a joy stick button its clumsy for all the reasons you say.

As for "Seth " "wonder profile"... well all thats showing is it can work well but ask yourself why that works better than "yours". Look at each curve for each axis. Use it to make yourself learn how it works and then make it perfect proflie for your needs. Not Seths or anyone elses. Learn to set it up right.

"Seth " proflie is showing you how badly you had it set up, now work from there to make it right for your needs not Seth or anyone elses. Then you will see how wonderfull it can be.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

It make the TrackIR so much more precise and useable in any light.

Not more precise. If you get the lighitng right, the hat clip's exactly the same (just less hassle).

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

15 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

Not more precise. If you get the lighitng right, the hat clip's exactly the same (just less hassle).

OK! So a bit of refletive stuff is better then 3 lights transmitting where they are. Silly me for going from the hat to the pro clip I should have saved my money.....🙄 O yes the hassle to have a clip on the side of you head set and not wearing a bar right!

Getting the"lighting right", not a problem with the clip as its projecting it own light soursers. But yer so much more hassle.🙄

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

15 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

I agree the hatclip works fine, and you don't have to wear headphones, which to me are a real PIA

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I agree the hatclip works fine, and you don't have to wear headphones, which to me are a real PIA

Right. And it's wireless. 

• Like 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I have been using the hat clip for many years -- never had a problem with it. For fun, I built my own version of the track pro but didn't find it worked any better than the hat clip, and the USB wired connection was not particularly convenient. So I went back to the hat clip.

Since the hat clip is included with the TrackIR purchase, you can try it first, and then if desired, purchase the track pro.

Al

• Like 1

Hat clip works great for me, but I can imagine if you live somewhere with a lot of sunlight, windows and reflections in the room, the track pro thing might be better. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

2 hours ago, Republic3D said:

Hat clip works great for me, but I can imagine if you live somewhere with a lot of sunlight, windows and reflections in the room, the track pro thing might be better. 

So being in a bright room with sunlight during the day or with ceiling lights during the nights will negatively impact the sensors and make it less effective? I've always thought the more light the better?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The TIR used to come with self adhesive silver reflective dots around 5/8 to 3/4 in diameter.    Before I got the trackclip I used to just stick one on my forehead.

• Like 1

I use an even poorer version of the Track IR.

I use the free Opentrack software and the hardware includes an $10 Sony PS3 Eye camera. For the tracking I 3d printed a clip and used 3 IR SFH485P LEDs. Total cost I'd put around $15. Works GREAT!

Prior to getting a 3d printer, I just cut the IR clip from a carboard and superglued the LEDs, worked well. 

• Like 1

Made a huge difference. Thanks guys!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

the day i wear  at  hat indoors is  only  when my roof  disappears  and  the  sun is  shinning  down on me:) , beside  makes it  hard  to  talk  to atc  if  your not  wearing  a head set

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

I've always thought the more light the better?

No. Briefly said,  the Track IR camera sends out IR light beams and looks for the returning reflections off the hat clip and uses that info to determine where you are looking, and then 'moves' the sim's display accordingly. If using a Track Pro, the Track Pro originates the IR light beams which the camera reads and then moves the sim's display. So in either case, any 'extra' light that interferes with the camera's ability to read the IR light beams will cause problems. During the day I close the window blinds in my room, but have never had to do anything else when using the hat clip.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 2