Sign in to follow this  
buspelle

Just a small reflection...

Took my Warrior for a short "jump" this morning (ESKN to ESSB) I sat there, at 2500 ft, behind the "wheel", looking around, when it suddenly hit me how utterly prefct this is! Early morning, almost no coluds less than some light clouds in the distance, (real weather enabled ofcourse) and my thought goes like WOW and WOW again!!!

This is so awesome and stunningly prefect! No tweaks, no third party addons, no nothing to make the sim experience "better", just straight "out of the box" and its PERFECT!!! The feeling, the looks, EVERYTHING! for more than 25 years of simming THIS is what I have been waiting for! The PERFECT flight experience!

So hats of to Microsoft, Asobo, and to ALL folks, the whole team behind this masterpiece!!! (and with the preformance update the 27:th, it might even get better! if its possible...)

Best regards 

Buspelle

• Like 25
  • Upvote 4

this can happen, but have you tried the places where there is bad bing coverage?

and all the harbors with sunken boats..      overall its very good i say..but quite  a few patches of bad coverage there seem to be.

i wonder how the console crowd is going to react to those issues...they are used to very good looking games.

The two faces of Avsim

Glass Half Full - Glass Half Empty 

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 6297J said:

The two faces of Avsim

You forgot the "this glass is disgusting I am going back to P3D" crowd.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, 6297J said:

The two faces of Avsim

Avsim “ Giveth”. Avsim “Taketh Away”

• Like 5

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

2 hours ago, buspelle said:

Took my Warrior for a short "jump" this morning (ESKN to ESSB) I sat there, at 2500 ft, behind the "wheel", looking around, when it suddenly hit me how utterly prefct this is! Early morning, almost no coluds less than some light clouds in the distance, (real weather enabled ofcourse) and my thought goes like WOW and WOW again!!!

This is so awesome and stunningly prefect! No tweaks, no third party addons, no nothing to make the sim experience "better", just straight "out of the box" and its PERFECT!!! The feeling, the looks, EVERYTHING! for more than 25 years of simming THIS is what I have been waiting for! The PERFECT flight experience!

So hats of to Microsoft, Asobo, and to ALL folks, the whole team behind this masterpiece!!! (and with the preformance update the 27:th, it might even get better! if its possible...)

Best regards 

Buspelle

Whenever I read a post like this .. I fire up the sim and go fly somewhere .. and what you have said above  IS TRUE..

• Like 4

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

@buspelle  I am really pleased you enjoyed your flight.  I have had moments like this as well, and it is unlike any other flight sim I have flown.  I can be truly rewarding.

As for the rest of the conversation, the comments are typical of the human race in general, trying to Pidgeon hole people or divide them.

A typical false argument is the glass half full / glass half empty comment, trying to polarise people as if all these things are black and white; or other you love MSFS, or you hate it.
Well we all know, things aren't really like that.

If you want to put me in a Pidgeon hole to satisfy your obsessive sense of order, I am in the - 'I absolutely love MSFS, but!...' category.  Anyone who really loves the sim will have some concerns and be hoping for improvements in some areas.

Unfortunately, with the 'black or white' mob, that probably puts me in the glass half empty / hate MSFS group, because I don't absolutely love and praise MSFS every minute.

I was classed as a 'whiner' when I mentioned the tree LOD issue many months ago, lauged at and ridiculed along with a few others. 
Now, with much pressing and persistence from the community, Asobo found that it was actually a bug they introduced, weren't happy with it, and corrected it. 
They even thanked the community 'Bijan etc.' for helping to trace what the problem might be.  No thanks or apologies to people who criticised the 'whiners' though.

So, to the people that aren't very supportive, understanding, and helpful to the community, and can't bear any constructive criticism of the sim, and use words and phrases like the ones I mentioned above, have you ever thought you might be the problem?

As Buspelle has noted today, this sim can be absolutely beautiful and awe inspiring at its best.  I really like it and it is the best flight sim I have ever had.
If you must Pidgeon hole me for your satisfaction, my glass is actually 95% full, it just needs topping up over the next few years.  :smile:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

@buspelle  I am really pleased you enjoyed your flight.  I have had moment like this as well, and it is unlike any other flight sim I have flown.  I can be truly rewarding.

As for the rest of the conversation, the comments are typical of the human race in general, trying to Pidgeon hole people or divide them.

A typical false argument is the glass half full / glass half empty comment, trying to polarise people as if all these things are black and white; or other you love MSFS, or you hate it.

If you want to put me in a Pidgeon hole to satisfy your obsessive sense of order, I am in the - 'I absolutely love MSFS, but!...' category.  Anyone who really loves the sim will have some concerns and be hoping for improvements in some areas.

Unfortunately, with the 'black or white' mob, that probably puts me in the glass half empty / hate MSFS group, because I don't absolutely love and praise MSFS every minute.

I was classed as a 'whiner' when I mentioned the tree LOD issue many months ago, lauged at and ridiculed along with a few others. 
Now, with much pressing and persistence from the community, Asobo found that it was actually a bug they introduced, weren't happy with it, and corrected it. 
They even thanked the community 'Bijan etc.' for helping to trace what the problem might be.  No thanks or apologies to people who criticised the 'whiners' though.

So, to the people that aren't very supportive, understanding, and helpful to the community, and can't bear any constructive criticism of the sim, and use words and phrases like the ones I mentioned above, have you ever thought you might be the problem?

As Buspelle has noted today, this sim can be absolutely beautiful and awe inspiring at its best.  I really like it and it is the best flight sim I have ever had.
If you must Pidgeon hole me for your satisfaction, my glass is actually 95% full, it just needs topping up over the next few years.  :smile:

💗

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

If you want to put me in a Pidgeon hole to satisfy your obsessive sense of order, I am in the - 'I absolutely love MSFS, but!...' category.

Compared to the other sims, MSFS 2020 has the least amount of "buts".

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

@buspelle  I am really pleased you enjoyed your flight.  I have had moment like this as well, and it is unlike any other flight sim I have flown.  I can be truly rewarding.

@bobcat999  I don't disagree with anything you wrote.  I think constructive criticism of the sim is warranted but I also think there is a time and a place.  Here you have someone speaking about how wonderful their experience was and opposed to just giving a thumbs up or saying "I'm happy for you, that is awesome" or "so glad you enjoyed"  the very next post is: "Sure you can have a good flight but have you been to all the places it sucks? "  

Why?  What productive value does that bring to the conversation.  Why can't someone just enjoy it and the rest of the folks just be happy for them?  Time and place, no one needs to come into a thread like this to poke holes.  

Why can't people just be happy someone else is happy and leave the commentary out if it doesn't align and add value to the post.  There is no reason to turn "THIS" wonderful and original post into a "What's still wrong with the sim" post and hijack... 

Yes, we are all entitled to opinions but where/when we share them is pretty important too...

Edited by psolk
  • Like 10

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

3 hours ago, buspelle said:

Best regards 

Buspelle

A lovely post. Thats all that needs to be said. Thank you and Enjoy!

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, psolk said:

Yes, we are all entitled to opinions but where/when we share them is pretty important too...

@psolk  You are of course right Paul - apologies to all! 
I was reacting to the posts before mine out of frustration for changing the tone on such an uplifting experience.  I shouldn't have reacted.

Sincere thanks to Buspelle for writing such a positive post on a Friday.  We could certainly do with more of them!  :smile:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 5

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

56 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

A lovely post. Thats all that needs to be said. Thank you and Enjoy!

Well said!!

@bobcat999 No need to apologize to anyone!  As you said, so wonderful to see something positive like this on a Friday.  I think we can all relate to those moments in the sim where the smile overtakes our face without us even realizing it we are so engrossed in what we are seeing...   I know I've had a few WOW moments in MSFS and to be fair still have some WOW moments in other sims too.  

For the first time in years we have multiple viable sim platforms.  We wouldn't have thought that when MS shut the doors on Aces.  Lucky we are says Yoda!! 

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Other than planes I have installed nothing. The only thing I need are more planes and better AI traffic models/liveries which a 3PD should come out with soon. Other than that the sim is good enough with default everything.

5 hours ago, buspelle said:

Took my Warrior for a short "jump" this morning (ESKN to ESSB) I sat there, at 2500 ft, behind the "wheel", looking around, when it suddenly hit me how utterly prefct this is!

I just had a nice snooze for half an hour sitting in my warrior in the sunlight the engine ticking over 😄

Nice little plane isn't it.