Sign in to follow this  
buspelle

Just a small reflection...

4 hours ago, 6297J said:

The two faces of Avsim

Glass Half Full - Glass Half Empty 

The glass is ALWAYS full....

1/2 with water, 1/2 with air. Or all air.... Or all water. The glass can never be less than full. Except in space. Then there's that whole dark matter issue... grrr

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

8 hours ago, buspelle said:

Took my Warrior for a short "jump" this morning (ESKN to ESSB) I sat there, at 2500 ft, behind the "wheel", looking around, when it suddenly hit me how utterly prefct this is! Early morning, almost no coluds less than some light clouds in the distance, (real weather enabled ofcourse) and my thought goes like WOW and WOW again!!!

This is so awesome and stunningly prefect! No tweaks, no third party addons, no nothing to make the sim experience "better", just straight "out of the box" and its PERFECT!!! The feeling, the looks, EVERYTHING! for more than 25 years of simming THIS is what I have been waiting for! The PERFECT flight experience!

So hats of to Microsoft, Asobo, and to ALL folks, the whole team behind this masterpiece!!! (and with the preformance update the 27:th, it might even get better! if its possible...)

Best regards 

Buspelle

I have had many moments like this. 😍

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

9 hours ago, buspelle said:

Took my Warrior for a short "jump" this morning (ESKN to ESSB) I sat there, at 2500 ft, behind the "wheel", looking around, when it suddenly hit me how utterly prefct this is

Funny! I flew slightly west of ESKN this morning 0800Z in a real warrior heading south and it was basically like you described it in sim (however south of Norrköping it became OVC025, so descent was necessary)

Outbound TIPIX FL55, 20km west of Skavsta/ESKN  you can see the field just left of the wingtip

6vDZcvh.jpg

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

9 hours ago, buspelle said:

Took my Warrior for a short "jump" this morning (ESKN to ESSB) I sat there, at 2500 ft, behind the "wheel", looking around, when it suddenly hit me how utterly prefct this is! Early morning, almost no coluds less than some light clouds in the distance, (real weather enabled ofcourse) and my thought goes like WOW and WOW again!!!

This is so awesome and stunningly prefect! No tweaks, no third party addons, no nothing to make the sim experience "better", just straight "out of the box" and its PERFECT!!! The feeling, the looks, EVERYTHING! for more than 25 years of simming THIS is what I have been waiting for! The PERFECT flight experience!

So hats of to Microsoft, Asobo, and to ALL folks, the whole team behind this masterpiece!!! (and with the preformance update the 27:th, it might even get better! if its possible...)

Best regards 

Buspelle

> no third party addons, no nothing to make the sim experience "better", just straight "out of the box" .... in the JF Warrior.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

36 minutes ago, GACSavannah said:

> no third party addons, no nothing to make the sim experience "better", just straight "out of the box" .... in the JF Warrior.

...You know what I meant... Or?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Funny! I flew slightly west of ESKN this morning 0800Z in a real warrior heading south and it was basically like you described it in sim (however south of Norrköping it became OVC025, so descent was necessary)

Outbound TIPIX FL55, 20km west of Skavsta/ESKN  you can see the field just left of the wingtip

6vDZcvh.jpg

Fantasktiskt! 😀Underbar bild! 👍Vilken kärra var du uppe i? 

• Like 1

Golf Papa? or Papa Delta maybe...😊

Edited by buspelle

51 minutes ago, buspelle said:

Golf Papa? or Papa Delta maybe...😊

Lima Charlie, old Archer II (PA28-180), only mode C XPNDR. (Not visible on FR24)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 hour ago, SAS443 said:

Lima Charlie, old Archer II (PA28-180), only mode C XPNDR. (Not visible on FR24)

😀👍👍😀

On 7/23/2021 at 12:06 PM, buspelle said:

...You know what I meant... Or?

Sorry brother, just couldn't help but tease a little. You left yourself so wide open.   :0)

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

On 7/23/2021 at 3:47 PM, buspelle said:

Best regards 

Buspelle

Looks ok low and slow but above 7k or so blurry and draw distance is word not allowed, plus the cartoon washout colour change is the worst

it’s been turned for XBOX dive bombing of cities

Edited by Mark_A

On 7/23/2021 at 3:47 PM, buspelle said:

Best regards 

Buspelle

i concur between all the bad there is good, if it gets to bad i just go hire a real plane and come back and have another crack

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

On 7/23/2021 at 12:47 AM, buspelle said:

Best regards 

Buspelle

I thought you said the sim looked horrible and were quite unhappy with this update if I remember correctly. So what did you do different or change to make it better?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

25 minutes ago, Mark_A said:

Looks ok low and slow but above 7k or so blurry and draw distance is word not allowed, plus the cartoon washout colour change is the worst

it’s been turned for XBOX dive bombing of cities

I do agree that the sim looks far, far better below 2500'.  At 1500' it looks stunning; everything comes together to make a beautiful three dimensional depiction of the world.    But as you said, it's a very different story at higher altitudes - things get stretched, blurry, the LOD becomes a problem and the terrain generally turns into a bit of a mush.

It's so weird because for decades, the opposite applied!   I remember getting Just Flight's original VFR UK photoscenery for FS9.... it looked absolutely awful below about 8000', and actually quite nice from about 15000'  😄

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)