Sign in to follow this  
captain420

What happen when you use 3rd party planes online?

I have always wonder if I use a plane that I purchased, such as the Piper Arrow from JF and flew it online with people. Will they be able to see my plane as the correct model, livery, etc?

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Good question, I was wondering about that too. If the aircraft is not installed in the sim, does the sim replace it with a similar aircraft and how does that work?

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

they wont see it ofcourse, unless they have the exact same one.

add to that there are options how you want to see other traffic.

They need to own it to see it. They’ll see one of the generic AI models otherwise.

Model matching is based on the ICAO aircraft code in the aircraft.cfg.

So if someone else were to release a piper arrow, and they owned that one, you’d show up in that model.

Another example, once AIG or some other group release an AI aircraft pack, you should see their 777 model if you encounter someone using the Captain Sim 777 if the icao codes are correct and match.

Edited by Tuskin38

They need to firstly turn of generic models in the sim settings.

Then they need to own the same aircraft

Then to see your livery they need to own that as well.

Which is probably a good thing as otherwise multiplayer will be swamped  by 13 year olds flying 747s covered in swastikas, badly painted male parts and offensive comments.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Watching a C152 hover, move vertically up & down and then slowly move over buildings is a sight to see! Obviously i don't own any of the helicopters so it was weird but funny at the same time!

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

8 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Watching a C152 hover, move vertically up & down and then slowly move over buildings is a sight to see! Obviously i don't own any of the helicopters so it was weird but funny at the same time!

hashah yes funny

21 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

They need to firstly turn of generic models in the sim settings.

Then they need to own the same aircraft

Then to see your livery they need to own that as well.

Which is probably a good thing as otherwise multiplayer will be swamped  by 13 year olds flying 747s covered in swastikas, badly painted male parts and offensive comments.

I guess there goes my idea “von shintzer heil” livery. 

jk. 

• Like 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

5 hours ago, captain420 said:

Will they be able to see my plane as the correct model, livery, etc?

Make you voice count: Vote!

Multiplayer: display other players actual aircraft 3D models and liveries around you - Self-Service / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

4 minutes ago, RXP said:

There is going to be some whining and complaining about stutters in multiplayer if they ever enable downloading 3D models and liveries of multiplayer aircraft you do not own.

Still as long as people are aware of the performance hit, giving them the option is fair enough.

I only have generic AI set, but I was surprised to see a model of the Stearman and I think the new C140 on the ground recently. 

I own them of course, but I was surprised to see them as I hadn't changed anything and I checked I still had only generic AI set.

Is this normal, or a bug?  It didn't seem to affect frame rates, and there was no stuttering etc. So all good anyway.  I was quite pleased to see them actually!  :smile:

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

As many have pointed out, so long as you own it and the person observing it does as well (and they have the use generic models option turned off0, they will see the thing accurately as far as type is concerned, although they might not see the particular livery you have at the time, they will probably see the default number one livery choice on the list.

With regard to other people who don't own it seeing it, this would require people who don't own the thing to download a third party payware model and textures, and I wouldn't hold your breath waiting to see that every happen; it'd be a legal nightmare to sort that one out and I doubt many developers would be keen to see their modeling and texturing work floating around the intertron so freely to people who'd not paid for it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

43 minutes ago, Chock said:

it'd be a legal nightmare to sort that one out and I doubt many developers would be keen to see their modeling and texturing work floating around the intertron so freely to people who'd not paid for it.

The idea I'm suggesting was to from the get go, make it mandatory for releasing any aircraft, so that this is not a question and serves the MP needs in one go.

This doesn't need to be the fully detailed 3D model either, just one suitable for MP visual only, which means low poly count, no panel, no flight model, in other words nothing you could make any use standalone. A low poly count version of the aircraft preserving shape and supporting texturing only, and with minimum control surfaces and gear animations for displaying it properly.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I was pleasantly surprised to see another DC-6 in San Diego the other day. It does appear to model match if you own the same aircraft.

Edited by Azapata87