Sign in to follow this  
Gottedammerung

Sailplane problem.

Hi All, When flying the sailplane if I'm in spot view and depress the (/) key for the spoilers they don't deploy. Also the ailerons do not move nor do the wings seem to flex. I recently reinstalled FSX on a new and dedicated hard drive. I also checked all other aircraft and those that have spoilers show the animation and ailerons and rudder work fine on all but the sailplane. I've deleted the FSX config and let it rebuild hoping that would help but no difference. Only thing I can figure out is that a file may have been corrupted but have no idea what file that might be. I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, CraigASUS A8N- nForce SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIe MOBOAMD ATHLON64 3500+ CPU w/ HT TechLG GWA-4161 DVD/CDSeagate ST3160811AS 160GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQSeagate ST3160811AS 250GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQEVGA 7950 GT KO PCIe 512mb nvodngov19147-[Guru3D.com] drivers SB Audigy 22G Corsair PC 3200 400MHZ Dual Channel DDR Super Alien 500W P/STrack IR3 w/vectorCH Yolk & RuddersFS Genesis Terrain MeshActive SkyRC4

It's now 4am and problem solved. I feel stupid. For some reason if you don't have advanced animations checked it causes animation problems with the sailplane. Hope my stupidity helps someone else. Craig

That's exactly the kind of thing that would happen to me. Only I'd probably have that one night free of kids and the wife to fly around all the areas I like. I'd see something like the animations not working, then waste all my precious time trying to get them to work. Thanks for the tip though. I'm sure it will come in handy for me at some time or other.