Sign in to follow this  
Radial9

Dont Sink Audio Warning

I'm spending some time in the C172 doing some touch and goes trying to become more familair with the platform. Upon pitching up from the landing roll and accelerating I'm getting a "Don't Sink" audio alarm repeating along with a terrain yellow panel warning. I'm pitched up 10 to 15 degrees and raising the flaps with full throttle, yet the warning persists, quite annoying. Searches here and elsewhere come up short for a solutuion,other than the usual smart a$$ remarks to "gain altitude" and "don't sink". I have gone through all the assist menu control menu items and turned them all off, at least I think I have. Any suggestions? Simply no enjoyment to fly like this. Thanks!

If you are getting the warnings all the time it may be because you have not adjusted your barometric pressure and the system is getting your altitude wrong.  Hit B when you spawn.

Regardless, just set the warning volume to zero in General Options -> Sound .

Thanks for the suggestion Glenn. Preset weather, clear, baro 29.92... Turning down the audio solves half the issue, thanks for the suggestion. I still get a Terrain warning visual on the PFD.

I'll go through my settings carefully and see if there is something causing this. The fact the issue comes up blank for the most part in searches tells me it's a one off. 

If anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated.