Sign in to follow this  
jlund

Which version of MSFS on X-Box?

Are there any info on which version will be on the X-box version?  Or, if if's "just" the one we know as Standard, if it will be possible to update to the Deluxe version? Or will there also be three versions as we know it from PC?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

2 minutes ago, jlund said:

Are there any info on which version will be on the X-box version?  Or, if if's "just" the one we know as Standard, if it will be possible to update to the Deluxe version? Or will there also be three versions as we know it from PC?

All versions. If you bought it for PC on the MS Store, you will have it for the Consoles, the same version.  

Is there a unified license? Do you not have to rebuy it if you want to get it on the console as well?

Edited by wims80

vatsim s3

1133704.png

19 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

All versions. If you bought it for PC on the MS Store, you will have it for the Consoles, the same version.  

I was more thinking of if I ONLY buy it on X-box, if there's also a choice between the three versions?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Just now, jlund said:

I was more thinking of if I ONLY buy it on X-box, if there's also a choice between the three versions?

Yes, you can buy it on the Console all the versions you have on PC now. But what I mean is, even if you buy it on the Xbox store, you will have access to it on the PC, through the MS Store. 

Only thing the Xbox doesn't have is a physical release of the premium deluxe version.  Everything else is the same as PC.

31 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Wait really?  I thought it was a separate purchase.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just now, ryanbatcund said:

Microsoft's "Play Anywhere" program means if you buy a Microsoft game on the MS Store or the Xbox store, your entitlement carries over to the other platform for no charge.  This doesn't apply to people who bought on Steam, because your account isn't integrated into the store the same way.

• Like 3

Just now, ryanbatcund said:

MSFS is a play anywhere title. But I’m not talking about Steam. Just the MS Store version for PC.

On the MSFS FAQ:

Q: If I buy the simulator for PC will I be able to play on my Xbox when it is released? Is this an Xbox Play Anywhere title?

A: The Play Anywhere is a new initiative by Microsoft to combine platforms of gaming, letting Xbox gamers play on PC with any first-party Microsoft Studios published game that is digitally purchased and vice versa. Microsoft Simulator is an XPA title.

Source:https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017706059-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-FAQ

• Like 2

Play anywhere if bought on the MS store. I have it for PC and pre-loaded on my Series X for July 27

Semper Fi 

I have read more than once (in forums) that whether the PC version was purchased on Steam or MS store, you do not have to rebuy the game to use it on Xbox.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Because you do indeed have an Xbox account associated with your purchase, if you bought the PC version on Steam. IOW, steam purchasers of MSFS have an Xbox gamer tag in the window bar when running MSFS.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

58 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Because you do indeed have an Xbox account associated with your purchase, if you bought the PC version on Steam. IOW, steam purchasers of MSFS have an Xbox gamer tag in the window bar when running MSFS.

It's in the MSFS FAQ:

Q: If I buy the simulator for PC will I be able to play on my Xbox when it is released? Is this an Xbox Play Anywhere title?

A: The Play Anywhere is a new initiative by Microsoft to combine platforms of gaming, letting Xbox gamers play on PC with any first-party Microsoft Studios published game that is digitally purchased and vice versa. Microsoft Simulator is an XPA title.

Source:https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017706059-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-FAQ

MSFS is a play anywhere title. You just have to buy once. About Steam, you are right, the steam version doesn't grant you access to the console version.

OK thanks, I stand corrected. I was thinking of buying an series S Xbox, but now I will not (I own steam version of Premium MSFS).

Edited by Fielder