Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

P3D V5.2 HF1 AA SHIMMERING

Hey guys so im pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my textures like taxi ways poles etc is shimmering/jaggies quite bad.

i have a samsung G5 monitor 34inch AA set to 16x and  4xssaa in sim and nvp settings only set to perform max performance .

is it win 10?? or nvidia drivers? fsdramteam airports etc or p3d itself

EA on VOL clouds off using ASCA ENTEX AND ENVSHADE

1080ti gpu

thanks

Mike

Edited by mikeymike

I have it as well, it's sloppy programming on an old tired gaming engine. Don't see it getting addressed in the near to distant future.

For example, LM has an issue were autogen buildings load in blocks as you fly along while decending into an airport in a city. Even with setting the internal frame limiter which is supposed to help it does not cure it. And this is with me on a computer with a 9900k, 64gb physical ram and a 3090 card. This issue has been present since v4 and they show zero interest in fixing it.  

Eric 

57 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I have it as well, it's sloppy programming on an old tired gaming engine. Don't see it getting addressed in the near to distant future.

For example, LM has an issue were autogen buildings load in blocks as you fly along while decending into an airport in a city. Even with setting the internal frame limiter which is supposed to help it does not cure it. And this is with me on a computer with a 9900k, 64gb physical ram and a 3090 card. This issue has been present since v4 and they show zero interest in fixing it.  

Hmm, interesting as I am noticing it also in msfs. I am thinking maybe it’s a windows issue or nvidia driver issue?

thanks 

mike

I am no expert but there appears to be a consensus in other non sim related areas that the finger is pointing at DX12 and the API's which is causing a lot of other folk some grief! It is not that they do not work but it is the know how to make them work! There is something definitely occurring between the CPU and the GPU which seems to me to indicate that the refresh rate or clearing of the GPU with data from the CPU gets at times confused or lagging then it is fine, so go figure!

I have a high level machine and up to date rig as well there are times I get a weird transitory striping on screen with a view shift panning and some shadows cause a strange tearing or flickering as well, not permanent but it comes and goes. I thought it may be a monitor issue but the only time I ever get it is with P3D! Never seen it on any other application or program on the PC even looking at very dense colour HD movies! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, B777ER said:

Amongst a whole host of other things 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

13 hours ago, B777ER said:

For example, LM has an issue were autogen buildings load in blocks as you fly along while decending into an airport in a city.

Reduce your settings, and they will go back to growing out of the ground, as they should.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else