Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

List of compatible VR Headsets

Hi there,

I was thinking about getting into VR and I search for a cheap and descent headset compatible with MSFS.

I found a good deal on the HP Windows Mixed Reality, is it any good?

In general, are they all compatible with MSFS?

Thanks a lot a sorry if it has been already asked somewhere!

Edited by Noooch

Noooch,

I have only experienced the 264gb Oculus Quest 2 with the link cable, I have found it to be very, very acceptable as a starter VR headset.  It can be uncomfortable (due to pressure over the eyes (reminds me of being very tired and cant keep my eyes open). However, this is instantly (and temporarily) alleviated by simply pulling the headset away from the face and letting it come back to rest.

I would love to venture into the Pimax 8x plus but that is very expensive in Australia (close to AUD2000) and I would need to upgrade my GTX1080ti as well. 

As has been oft stated previously, the difference between VR and normal flight is enormous and I cannot encourage your first step into VR highly enough.

Others will no doubt, offer their opinions on other headsets and please note I have be in VR for only a couple of months.

Regards and best wishes mate.

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Rift S working well for me.

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

8 hours ago, christb said:

Rift S working well for me.

Same here, and no WMR nor SteamVR to deal with. No lighthouses needed either.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

I run the vive Pro and love it. the new vive Pro 2 looks amazing.

Just my opinion.

Regards Ted 

In the USA, You can buy the Oculus Quest2 at Best Buy right now for $299.99. Other places too, I think Walmart.

EDIT: Not Walmart. But other places on eBay. BestBuy sells on eBay. Or their own store. They will take stuff back if you aren't satisfied.

==================

Ooops, As of late last night, BestBuy sold over 700 of the Quest 2 (64GB) including over a 100 in the last 24 hours. And were in stock. But now it is not there  anymore.

==> However, It is still in stock at bestbuy.com (I imagine they are almost sold out there too, because they are sold out on eBay.

The 256 GB model ($399( is a slower seller and Bestbuy on eBay still has some. The other $299.99 from other sellers (were selling lots of them in 1 day) I saw last night on eBay (64GB)are also gone now.

Bestbuy online says  you can take it back to store  or ship it back with one of their shipping labels, and they pay postage back.

I purchased on at Bestbuy.com just now. Hope it works OK. It will take a week to arrive to our house.

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.