Sign in to follow this  
Guest johnbartle

Sky Simulation MD 11

Guest bjablonka

I am thinking about getting this one, has anyone tried it yet and what do you think?Thank's

Guest Debosonic

Just bought it - the installer doesn't work.

Guest bjablonka

What happens when you try to install it?

The installer does work and my FS installation is located on my D:. :-hmmm Maybe the FSX version isn't working (I forgot what forum I was on sorry)... :-shy

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I installed both FS2004 and FSX versions all in one hit -- no problems.I just wish there was a manual though!!Ron

I'm waiting for the real one from PMDG...............I have grown fussy in my old age. ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

For those having troubles installing into FSX. They've updated the FAQ's page and uploaded a new installer. Installed into FSX fine..Larry

Guest camtech

heres a million dollar question , how does it perform in FSX.i to would like to wait on pmdg, but is this one just as good, i dont believe i have heard of SKY simulations..............Robert

Guest camtech

oh im here again , if there is no manual then i think i just answered my own question..Robert

Guest simensa

>oh im here again , if there is no manual then i think i just>answered my own question.>>>.RobertThere is a manual. Here's a link that shows the path once you have it installed:http://www.skysimulations.com/index.php?fr...=MD11%20ManualsAnd no, this won't be as good as what PMDG delivers (eventually) but it isn't trying to be. It's trying to be a good simulation of a MD-11 but not a down-to-the-rivets kind of reproduction like PMDG will no doubt be.If you're looking for a FSX MD-11 to get you by until PMDG comes out with its release, this will fit the bill.

>check out their fake "review" by "Gene Davis">>http://secure.simmarket.com/product_review...reviews_id=1964Fake! I remember writing it, so it can't be fake... Personally, I like this add-on and it is very nice compared to that of another MD11 package that currently sells for about the same price if not more. I bought it and i am very happy with it and thats it!The FSX version runs great, though the functioning Weather Radar is questionable.. Havent checked the site though.. Also, the installer worked fine for me... Both versions..I am not sure what the above poster was getting at but, If you think for any minute I was compensated for this, you are dead wrong! I bought the plane just because and you know what? I like it!!!!!Guess the other claims on Simmarket are fake too just because they aren't what you want them to be? Geesh, never ceases to amaze me!http://secure.simmarket.com/product_review...roducts_id=2232

GeneI was thinking of buying the aircraft too, I was concerned about the posting that the plane nose dived when the Glide slope activated. Did you have that problem? Gary

I had this problem with the FS9 version, so I made the changes that were posted here to the Aircraft CFG and that seemed to help it.. As for the FSX version, I haven't had a lot of time to spend with it, but I did make those changes as well and ended up having to go back to the default; though I think it was my fault and not that of the edited cfg file..

Guest lalo lolo1

Until PMDG's I prefer using a freeware which is actually free: Overland MD11 + Alain Capt panel (which btw, seeing this MD11 panel pics, makes me have no doubt Alain Capt's is much better)I can't believe people keep paying for freeware quality. No wonder why developers of real payware keep raising their prices if a lot of people pay money for things that can't kiss their toes.Read all the reviews. You would like to have a different opinion, in fact very different.Leo