Sign in to follow this  
Guest johnbartle

Sky Simulation MD 11

Guest Debosonic

I wholeheartedly second that Leo - and that comes from a guy who fell for this lite md-11.george

Guest CWD

No VC in the Overland model, I don't believe. That may make no difference to some, but for others VCs are very important.

HelloThere is a very nice VC in the Overland model

Guest CWD

>Hello>There is a very nice VC in the Overland modelHmm, there is? Very well, I'm not familiar with it myself. But if you merge the Alain Capt 2D panel, you don't get the functionality of the 2D panel in the VC, do you?

Guest simensa

I've bought and installed the Sky Simulation MD-11 and I like it very much. I made the changes to the cfg file to fix the handling of the ILS and I ride down the glideslope just fine. Once you learn your way around the panel ( its not a Boeing or Airbus panel after all) you'll find all the standard functionality that you are used to in other heavy iron birds. In my opinion its well worth the purchase price and better than trying to get FS9 freeware to work on FSX. I'm sure PMDG's future MD-11 release will put this one to shame but that's OK, this product isn't trying to be PMDG. Its a fun MD-11 and that's enough for me.

Guest United

I too like the SkySim MD11. At least they made an effort to get us a decent bird early in 2007. No doubt that Airliner XP and PMDG will produce eyepopping and very good products. The problem from my point of view is that when is that gonna be? I suspect we won't see anything FSX ready in their fabulous styles till early fall 2007 at best. That's nearly 33% into a regular Microsoft cycle for MSFS. Then it takes another 4-6 months for any of the high end companies to send out one or two patches and satisfy everybody's aches and pains over the newer products, that puts the cycle about halfway. Who knows what MS is going to do next to screw around with developers for FS11. They told us or implied this go around that developers were on the inside so that FSX would reliably backplay FS9 craft. That was a total joke, was it not. Besides, no person is guaranteed a tomorrow, I'll take what's there today, thank you very much.Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest abulaafia

I apologise for assuming it was fake, but it sounded so much like a self-indorsement by the developer.

Thanks.. I thought you were picking on me.. You know what happens when we assume and I think I am guilty of that, so I apologize to you as well..

Hello to all,Yesterday I bought the MD11, and it's very very eye candy...on the ground, but when it comes to takeoff, it feels like a "light-linner" instead of a heavy one, and the approach is to forguet about, so..I read the topic, and changed the .cfg file, as advised here, buy the way, thanck very much, now it seems to have a better approach, and not just falling from the sky, allthough I assume this bird needs a bit of work, and I do hope that Sky Simulation releases a patch, also, when landing the aircraft imediatly plunches with front gear in the ground and jumps, all the experience from 747-400 pmdg and level-d 767, or even ifdg MD11, are quite different in "behaviour", they need a lot more speed on final, and correctly set flaps at the manufacturer's speed will not make the aircraft to dive. Appart of this, it's a beauty, but it feels rather sad to have a nice painted aircraft, with all the wonderfull features but with this problem, let's hope that there will be a patch.My best regards to you allLuis Areal

Guest johnbartle

I bought this but have not flown it yet. I saw the change to the .cfg file necessary for the glide slope, but for the life of me I can't find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?ThanksJohn Bartle

Guest Big Vern

Thinking of buying this for FSX.Can anyone report on the sounds - accuracy/quality? The marketing blurb states custom sound set so hopefully they are just that?

Guest bjablonka

Well, I tried the patch for the MD 11 and could not get it to work. I then deleted the entire aircraft and tried to reinstall it. By then, I was at the download limit (3) and sim market issued an extension. I downloaded the plane again, but now it did not install because the registration keys are limited. After numerous emails with sim market, they recommended to write skysim, the developer. I did that already 2 weeks ago and have a total of 4 emails into them, but never heard back from them. This is so frustrating. Why can't companies stand behind their product?

Guest Big Vern

Well I see Sim-market offer a CD version for an extra 15 Euros. However it sounds as if it might be worth giving this one a miss (having already been a little disappointed with the Just Flight A340-500/600 F-Lite pack) and wait for the PMDG version.