Sign in to follow this  
tull

So should I buy an X box then???

Thanks guys, great advice, well I wont rush into this.....I expect I will see if I can get a pc built from the guy who built me the one I have now.....I shall have a 'weigh up' as us brits say!

Thanks guys!

Regards

Paul EGCC

1 hour ago, tull said:

she wud go mad!!

yes, they all do. 😊

1.950 $ was my EVGA RTX 3090, incl. 10 years warranty. and that was after 2 recent price reductions 😊

I plan to use this GPU up for the next full 10 years, down to the last clock cycle, but I have said this many times before in the past 20 years already. still it is peanuts compared to what I used to pay for real flying. hangar rent and annual inspection alone was more than the RTX GPU, and we are talking a single prop aircraft, not all those jets and twins I own now 😊

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

40 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Just for comparison:

I got a RX480, 8GB inside my rig. I can run it on MEDIUM-HIGH @ 1080 with 30-40fps. 20 on some addon airports. Together with an i7 7700K and 16GB Ram.

yes you can.

but at 4k resolution or VR headset @ 5K resolution, those components won't fly very far. whatever floats your flying boat.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

2 hours ago, tull said:

My computer is an i5 3.2ghz Nvidia 1060 6gb card and is 10 years old, it runs fs2020 but only on medium settings and lots of stutters so its time to get rid, ive had enough of the stuttering... sooooooo what shall I do....better off getting an X Box x (if I can find any in stock anywere) is it for 500quid or do I spend 1500 quid on a new pc?? Will my honeycomb yoke and quadrant work on the X box??

Thanks for your advice

Regards

Paul EGCC

It depends on what you want to use (peripherals). The XBox won't be compatible with everything. I think the Honeycomb pheripherals will be compatible, I think they to release a USB hub for the XBox Consoles, which would make them compatible.

By all means an Xbox console is suitable for the people that want to have a lot of peripherals plugged in, but for the majority of the simmers, it will be good. Also, like others said, some add-ons won't work, so take that into account.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

About Honeycomb:

New Details on Honeycomb Foxtrot & Tango-Foxtrot Hardware - Threshold (thresholdx.net)

And the Partnership Series, where they've announced the Xbox Peripherals:

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Honeycomb yoke and Quadrant will come in an Xbox version, but I do not think it is on the market yet.

Heck. Their Bravo quadrant ain't even on the market yet lol /s.....

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

2 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

delete

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I'd say it would depend on whether you use your PC for other stuff or whether you'd want to play a lot of XBox games. I should think you'd be able to tart up your PC for not much more than the the price of a new XBox, so long as you aren't afraid to take it to bits and put a few parts in there.

Would you be happy with a compromise? Do you use your PC for a lot of other stuff? If you do use it for other stuff, then you need to consider that in addition to being good for flight sims, a PC is a more flexible and usable tool for all kinds of tasks for not just you, but your partner or family or whatever. So it is worth the greater monetary investment if you do all that other stuff, and if you are not a gamer who would use an XBox for loads of games, then the XBox is inevitably going to be something of a compromise.

If pon the other hand you only ever switch on your PC for flight sims, then you might consider the XBox, although you should also consider that there are many flight sims which are not available for the XBox and most likely never will be.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If I were you, I would wait and see. Don't brush of XBox because it is 450$.  PCs are insane, they don't last 3 years, The Graphics cards are even more insane, 3000$ More? Total insanity...

Xbox Sounds like a good plan. Just wait and see

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

If you aren't going to run any other hardware dependent games, mainly only MSFS, then Xbox is by far the cheapest and the easiest (fewer problems and CTD's). But you are going to have to depend on the marketplace for addons. Most of the great free stuff over at flightsim.to isn't going to fly on Xbox.

PC more versatile by far.

Xbox cheaper and fewer hassles, by far.

After the 27th reviews come in on PC performance and Xbox flying, you will probably know better if there is a big problem going one way or the other.

A lot of controllers aren't going to work on Xbox. But I'm guessing that Honeycomb brand peripherals will work on Xbox, one way or another.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

11 hours ago, turbomax said:

I doubt a 1500$ pc can compete with a 500$ xbox x in MSFS, performance wise. 1.500$ sounds like a waste to me and hardly enough even for an acceptable GPU alone, one that will last the next 2-3 years. if you don't plan on using a VR headset and various complex USB-connected peripherals (Saitek panels etc), I would definitely go with an xbox x, otherwise pc and RTX 3090. plus 640 KB memory, that ought to be enough for every MSFS user.

Ha ha  ha ha, You're funny. 

That said, I'd buy an XBox S in a heartbeat...except.....it doesn't support my ultra widescreen monitor.

12 hours ago, tull said:

My computer is an i5 3.2ghz Nvidia 1060 6gb card and is 10 years old, it runs fs2020 but only on medium settings and lots of stutters so its time to get rid, ive had enough of the stuttering... sooooooo what shall I do....better off getting an X Box x (if I can find any in stock anywere) is it for 500quid or do I spend 1500 quid on a new pc?? Will my honeycomb yoke and quadrant work on the X box??

Thanks for your advice

Regards

Paul EGCC

I'm afraid that 1500 $ are not enough to be on par with the XBOX Series X because GPU prices are still inflated.

If I were you I would buy the console, it won't be harder to find than a decent GPU anyway.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

12 hours ago, turbomax said:

I doubt a 1500$ pc can compete with a 500$ xbox x in MSFS, performance wise. 1.500$ sounds like a waste to me and hardly enough even for an acceptable GPU alone, one that will last the next 2-3 years. if you don't plan on using a VR headset and various complex USB-connected peripherals (Saitek panels etc), I would definitely go with an xbox x, otherwise pc and RTX 3090. plus 640 KB memory, that ought to be enough for every MSFS user.

Exactly. Soon people will understand that this is a brilliant marketing idea from Microsoft.
We (PC folks who think we are smart because we keep on tweaking the hardware - trust me I am one of those hard headed guys) are getting what we were asking for, and (happily) served as guinea-pigs to test and give ideas to improve the software. Nothing wrong with that.
Now Microsoft is coming with an extremely efficient solution to make profit from a problem they unintentionally created (performance) ,,,, " I will sell you a box that does all you need to sim at good performance for less than the price of a modern GPU. !. The new Xbox-X supports standard keyboard, yoke, pedals, etc. Initially only a few (the most common) but sooner than later many many models of those.

Isn't this awesome? this is no just for gaming kids.... this also serves the need of many study-level simmers. Perhaps only those who's real hobby is "tweaking well" instead of "flying well" may not gain from the X-Box-X thing... maybe? ... Time will tell....

Regards

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR
AirHispania virtual airline

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

4 hours ago, Manny said:

If I were you, I would wait and see. Don't brush of XBox because it is 450$.  PCs are insane, they don't last 3 years, The Graphics cards are even more insane, 3000$ More? Total insanity...

Xbox Sounds like a good plan. Just wait and see

Of course. why not?....

Regards
AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR
AirHispania virtual airline

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K