Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

AI Assist looks really useful.

Some cool features coming. 

Edited by RobJC
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I have a soft spot for ObsidianAnts soothing voice to be honest. Have to watch that.

• Like 3

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Before Multi Crew Experience added support for msfs i used to  use the  AI assistance to fly some; It worked brilliant at launch, but it completely broke when Japan world update was released and not fixed since then; hopefully they took a look at it and it's fixed again for those who would like to use it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobJC said:

Some cool features coming. 

These always amaze me.  I tried a few months ago to fly over LA and was once again reminded I should never do this.  It was at 8-10 FPS with the Cub on medium settings.  These videos are really the only way for me to enjoy the sim imagery and I am happy for that.

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

3 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

I have a soft spot for ObsidianAnts soothing voice to be honest. Have to watch that.

Absolutely. To be brutally honest his content is usually just summarizing stuff I’ve already read about elsewhere, and he could do with a script editor, but Good Lord above I could listen to that voice talk about anything.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

That AI assist feature is something that I've been dreaming of forever! Wow. I for one, like to sometimes sit back and relax and take in the beautiful and amazing visuals this sim has to offer, and now with AI assist I can have some automation and do exactly that! I hope this mode will work with all planes including 3rd party such as FBWA320 as well. I would love to switch to the passengar cabin seat view while the AI assist lands and taxis me to a gate at a busy international airport. The feeling as if I was traveling on vacation. I can see so many uses for this AI assist feature. It would be great for those who wish to create beautiful videos and cinematics as well. 

Plane spotting is another thing I love to do in flight sims. However in MSFS it's so much better, because of the beautiful details and lighting. Sucks that we don't have a proper offline AI addon yet. But once that gets released, I hope we will be able to select any AI plane, whether it's departing or approaching the airport, so that we can switch to that AI plane's camera, such as cockpit, passenger seat, external, etc and be able to watch it land, takeoff, enroute, taxi, etc.

• Like 6

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

is this on a newer version of fs2020, I just went into fs2020 and don't see that option under AI Assist.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Yes, this is supposedly coming out in SU5. It's not in our current version.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Yes, this is supposedly coming out in SU5. It's not in our current version.

ok thanks look forward to it!

7 hours ago, captain420 said:

That AI assist feature is something that I've been dreaming of forever! Wow. I for one, like to sometimes sit back and relax and take in the beautiful and amazing visuals this sim has to offer, and now with AI assist I can have some automation and do exactly that! I hope this mode will work with all planes including 3rd party such as FBWA320 as well. I would love to switch to the passengar cabin seat view while the AI assist lands and taxis me to a gate at a busy international airport. The feeling as if I was traveling on vacation. I can see so many uses for this AI assist feature. It would be great for those who wish to create beautiful videos and cinematics as well. 

Plane spotting is another thing I love to do in flight sims. However in MSFS it's so much better, because of the beautiful details and lighting. Sucks that we don't have a proper offline AI addon yet. But once that gets released, I hope we will be able to select any AI plane, whether it's departing or approaching the airport, so that we can switch to that AI plane's camera, such as cockpit, passenger seat, external, etc and be able to watch it land, takeoff, enroute, taxi, etc.

I wish they had that tower view from previous versions of FS. 

• Like 1

I like to set the view to pax window, start up a flight, and then work while it happens in the background. 

However the current AI assist ends up overspeeding, rolling and pitching constantly, and then often lands in a bush a few miles from destination.

Will this improved system remedy that? 

• Like 1

Anybody know if will be getting the same UI as Xbox?It looks more streamlined and easier to navigate with a PC mouse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bigsby said:

Anybody know if will be getting the same UI as Xbox?It looks more streamlined and easier to navigate with a PC mouse.

Yes it's the same ui

• Like 3