Sign in to follow this  
seamaster55

Squirrels video of X-Box test

Here is Squirrel's video of a test he's done - from access Microsoft gave him to an X-Box version of MSFS:   (60 FPS at 4K)🙂

• Like 5

I saw this. Pretty incredible to think that is a console running MSFS.

It's a new day, I think.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

3 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

I saw this. Pretty incredible to think that is a console running MSFS.

It's a new day, I think.

Yeah that looks decent.  A lot smoother than my current setup at 1080P that's for sure.

The way I'm using the sim right now....sitting on a couch with a huge 4k screen doesn't seem so bad honestly.  It would be fun for my kids too.  

I'll use my PC when I want to simulate flight.  If only I could find an Xbox X....

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

" (60 FPS at 4K) "

Yawn. Back in my day, without any addon scenery, we all could land at Meigs over the water !

EvolutionOfEmoji_Smileys_yZPDCsw.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

27 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yeah that looks decent.  A lot smoother than my current setup at 1080P that's for sure.

The way I'm using the sim right now....sitting on a couch with a huge 4k screen doesn't seem so bad honestly.  It would be fun for my kids too.  

I'll use my PC when I want to simulate flight.  If only I could find an Xbox X....

Don't forget we'll be getting some of them optimizations soon.

Cheers 

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

As predicated, the panic from some people in the beta program is extremely overblown. It never changes. 

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

I noticed that in all console videos the overhead panel arrow is permanent. That's very annoying, fortunately there are addons to remove it on the PC version.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

7 hours ago, seamaster55 said:

(60 FPS at 4K)

Way to spread half-truths.

UP to 60 FPS. But only with VRR capable screens.

Yes, he always produces good videos but how come he hasn't streamed any MSFS or any other fltsims for about the last 6 months ??. 

• Like 2

Since I fly airliners and fly from cockpit I will take the above video with a pinch of salt. Dont really care about the fps gain. It's smoothness I need.

• Like 2

In all the previews I have seen, they fly around in a Cessna, I would like to see how an X-box delivers with A-320 at a large busy airport with live traffic, flying around in a Cessna in the countryside does not tell much about how the performance really are on the X-box.

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

19 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

In all the previews I have seen, they fly around in a Cessna, I would like to see how an X-box delivers with A-320 at a large busy airport with live traffic, flying around in a Cessna in the countryside does not tell much about how the performance really are on the X-box.

Cessna over London and Paris do though and that is what is in the vids I have seen.

CJ

Can anyone tell me the name of the island group in the video please, from about 1:05 to 1:15.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Lol, how come I'm not surprised by the fact that 3/4 of the comments are negative. Avsim never fails to disappoint. 

I mean, you could put Megan Fox in an avsimmers bed room, and he'll find something to complain about!

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Can anyone tell me the name of the island group in the video please, from about 1:05 to 1:15.

That's right next to the Bora Bora airport (ICAO: NTTB). It is also part of the upcoming discovery flights.

• Like 1