Sign in to follow this  
seamaster55

Squirrels video of X-Box test

6 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

Not sure why you think add-ons are going to make a difference though - they haven't with the PC version which is the same code.

I don’t know where you get that idea that add-ons don’t make a difference. For Hong Kong, I have Sam Scene 3D for general Hong Kong scenery, Wf Scenery for VHHH, and a Kai Tak add-on for VHHX. Plus I am using the FBW A320.  My FPS will drop to as low as 15 on approach to some places.

Without any of those add-ons, I recall my FPS stayed at 25 FPS or higher with the default A320 in the same location on approach.

Many other people experience the same as me when they use multiple add-ons within a same area.  It’s not a fair comparison if I compare X-Box without any add-ons, flying in the same area, to my PC which uses 4 add-ons for the same area,

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I don’t know where you get that idea that add-ons don’t make a difference. For Hong Kong, I have Sam Scene 3D for general Hong Kong scenery, Wf Scenery for VHHH, and a Kai Tak add-on for VHHX. Plus I am using the FBW A320.  My FPS will drop to as low as 15 on approach to some places.

Without any of those add-ons, I recall my FPS stayed at 25 FPS or higher with the default A320 in the same location on approach.

Many other people experience the same as me when they use multiple add-ons within a same area.  It’s not a fair comparison if I compare X-Box without any add-ons, flying in the same area, to my PC which is 4 add-ons for the same area,

BTW... Did you have to do anything to get all three Hong Kong sceneries/ AP's to all play nice together?

Chris Camp

16 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I mean, you could put Megan Fox in an avsimmers bed room, and he'll find something to complain about!

That 30-something East Tennessee woman with tattoos and 3 kids ?

I suppose she brushes up OK.

Doubt she would look twice at someone my age though.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

44 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

BTW... Did you have to do anything to get all three Hong Kong sceneries/ AP's to all play nice together?

For the Sam Scene 3D scenery, it has a cruise ship terminal right beside the Kai Tak runway (because in real life now, it's a cruise ship terminal there so Sam Scene 3D modeled that correctly). If you see the cruise ship terminal, Sam Scene 3D has an exclusion file that you can use from flightsim.to: https://www.flightsim.to/file/7443/kai-tak-area-exclusion-file-of-samscene3d-hong-kong-city-times.  For me, I am currently using the "Kai Tak 1998 The Last Days Are Back" payware scenery, and that integrates well  with the Sam Scene 3D Hong Kong City Times scenery.

For VHHH from WF Scenery Studios, the bridge from HK to Macau is modeled.  But this same bridge from HK to Macau is modeled for Sam Scene 3D Hong Kong City times as well. So the bridge is doubled and stacked on top of each other.  Both WF Scenery Studios and Sam Scene 3D are aware of the double bridge issue, but neither company has issued an exclusion file for it yet, that I am aware of.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I would like to see the temps for the xbox.  Thats impressive performance for a console, but is it starting to melt? Would be interesting to see the temps.  How the heck are they cooling that kind of performance in a tiny box.  I have a fairly decent performing PC with 9 fans, and a pretty good AIO and it ramps up quite a bit trying to keep things cool in a heavy burden area and an airliner. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

If you want to compare the XBox MSFS to Pc MSFS do that with the vanilla versions.

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 minute ago, HighTowers said:

I would like to see the temps for the xbox.  Thats impressive performance for a console, but is it starting to melt? Would be interesting to see the temps.  How the heck are they cooling that kind of performance in a tiny box.  I have a fairly decent performing PC with 9 fans, and a pretty good AIO and it ramps up quite a bit trying to keep things cool in a heavy burden area and an airliner. 

My sons PS makes the sound of an AC when he plays games like F1 …. The fans are like AC engines…. No thanks 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

15 minutes ago, GSalden said:

My sons PS makes the sound of an AC when he plays games like F1 …. The fans are like AC engines…. No thanks 

No doubt. Not alot of room for airflow in these boxes.   

I found this link from Gamers Nexus though.  From a hardware perspective, its pretty wild what todays consoles can do. But I'll stick with my PC and all its versatility and options to do other things as well. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqv4meZcVEk

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

2 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

No doubt. Not alot of room for airflow in these boxes.   

I found this link from Gamers Nexus though.  From a hardware perspective, its pretty wild what todays consoles can do. But I'll stick with my PC and all its versatility and options to do other things as well. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqv4meZcVEk

Here also sticking with my pc’s.

I have 2 3090 cards = 16 XBox S = 8 XBox X

😳

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Here also sticking with my pc’s.

I have 2 3090 cards = 16 XBox S = 8 XBox X

😳

That is great for you but, for most people, paying just 299 or 499 in order to get a good MSFS experience is much appreciated.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

32 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

That is great for you, but for most people paying 299 or 499 for an Xbox in order to get a good MSFS experience is much appreciated.

Absolutely… Let everyone enjoy their way 👍

IN an Xbox YT video I was watching, he was streaming for about 6 hours and person in chat asked him to just put his hand on console and feel for heat. he said it was fine temp wise. take it for what it's worth. Which is not much actually 🙂 People here with Xbox X's will tell us after Tuesday! That is what the YT person was using. Of course it's always possibly he was lying. The members here will let us know!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

3 hours ago, HighTowers said:

MS spent a lot in the design of the series X. Heat is a non factor as I've had one since Nov.  As long as you dont have it stuffed in a TV cabinet it exhaust right out the top.

Xbox Series X | Xbox

Edited by joec63
  • Like 2

Semper Fi 

10 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

For the Sam Scene 3D scenery, it has a cruise ship terminal right beside the Kai Tak runway (because in real life now, it's a cruise ship terminal there so Sam Scene 3D modeled that correctly). If you see the cruise ship terminal, Sam Scene 3D has an exclusion file that you can use from flightsim.to: https://www.flightsim.to/file/7443/kai-tak-area-exclusion-file-of-samscene3d-hong-kong-city-times.  For me, I am currently using the "Kai Tak 1998 The Last Days Are Back" payware scenery, and that integrates well  with the Sam Scene 3D Hong Kong City Times scenery.

For VHHH from WF Scenery Studios, the bridge from HK to Macau is modeled.  But this same bridge from HK to Macau is modeled for Sam Scene 3D Hong Kong City times as well. So the bridge is doubled and stacked on top of each other.  Both WF Scenery Studios and Sam Scene 3D are aware of the double bridge issue, but neither company has issued an exclusion file for it yet, that I am aware of.

Awesome thanks!

One of my favorite approaches!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

11 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

One last question?

Did you have to:

Install first the exclusion package from SamScene 2. 

For the: "The Last Days Are Back"

When using both together?

Thanks!

Chris Camp