Sign in to follow this  
basys

FSUIPC drop in FPS and stuttering

Guest dwaohio

Has anyone experienced a drop in frame rate and stuttering when using FSUIPC4?Dave

Guest RonB49

>Has anyone experienced a drop in frame rate and stuttering>when using FSUIPC4?>Yes. I was using FSAutostart to stop most of the WinXP services, as I had done with FS9. It turns out more of them have to left on with FSX and, for me, this was not evident until I loaded FSUIPC. I think that TCPIP must be left on and there are probably others. Have you looked on Pete Dowson's forum to see what he suggests? It might help.R-

Me too. I have a drop of 2 FPS when FSUIPC is in my FSX module folder. When I remove it, my FPS goes back up. Weird. On Pete's forum it was suggested that Simconnect may not function properly at times causing this drop. He recommeded deleting a simconnect dll file (can't remember where it was off the top of my head) and let FSX do a repair function using the install cd to put it back - hopefully correcting the issue. I followed the instructions given and still encounter the same 2 FPS drop. If anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear them. :-)John

Guest dwaohio

Also, it takes forever for FSX to load intially.

I see a 3 to 5 FPS drop with FSUIPC installed. Normally, that would not be a big deal, but when frame rates are starting low, it is very noticeable. Peter Dowson has been issuing revisions and talking to MS, but nothing has helped so far. I get the feeling there are design issues that may not get fixed until the SP1 is released, if ever. Most developers point to Simconnect as the problem.Bob..

Guest Speed

Run filemon.exe and watch how often fsuipc reads its ini file. I'm sure accessing this file dozens of times a second must cause some slow down and hard drive related stutters.

Guest wigerup

I think that Fsuipc cause some problems. A week ago I bought Wilcos Airbus series 1, and got some heavy problems. After reading feeltheres forum for solutions I have tried a lot of different configs and settings, but withou succes. I thought it may bee my joystick (Microsoft SideWinder Force feeedbak 2), so I disconnect my joystick and tried another one, but this also failed. The problems appear in very strange behavior of aircraft and even in FMC. Finally I just removed the FSUIPC from FSX and now everything is quit OK. It flies smooth and without any problem at all, at least no major problem. The FPS is also much better than before, running FSUIPC. The question for me is now, do I really need Fsuipc at all. What to do if further upgrades addons from fs9 to fsx need fsuipc???With best regardsBjorn W

Unless simconnect is adopted by more developers, many of us are stuck with it. Those of us who use client computers for displaying moving maps, ASV6, Radar Contact, Flight Sim Commander etc via FSwide have no choice. Plus I have several PFC throttle quadrants that are useless without FSUIPC. They (PFC) apparently do not have the expertise to create drivers for their own equipment. And I would not recommend them for FS related hardware until they do.FSWide does not provide the seamless integration with FSX that we enjoyed with FS9. I do understand there are a couple of bugs in simconnet that ACES is working on and hopefully they will coincide with FSUIPC's needs. Developers that are either incapable of integrating their FSX projects with simconnet or find it easier to rely on FSUIPC better have a good support forum.Bob..

Guest Vilk

yes. and yes. also, occasional loss of control input. every version until 4.065, when i gave up on the product

>yes. and yes. also, occasional loss of control input. every>version until 4.065, when i gave up on the productThe loss of flight controls is a problem caused by FSX needing to "re-validate" itself at FSX startup, startup + 30 minutes,startup + 1 Hour, startup + 2 hours and on, and on......I experienced that probelem and investigated it along with reportingit to Pete Dowson ( and M$ ). The changes since 4.06 allow you tochange a value in the INI file to aleviate the potential for lossof control when FSUIPC losses contact with simconnect due to the FSX disk accesses related to validation.It is a problem with FSX and simconnect. Not FSUIPC.As to the many accesses to the INI reported in another post, they are,I'm sure, inconsequental when you look at all the unnecessary diskaccesses that FSX performs while looking for files that don't exist and shouldn't exist. Just run FileMon for awhile and just set thefilter on "fsx.exe". Pay particular attention to the "PATH NOT FOUND"operations and the other "failure" entries.It is mindboggling how inefficient FSX really is. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest wigerup

Okej, it will be a never ending discussion. BUT, if you remove the FSUIPC from FSX this happends to me: My flight control (joystick with force feedbak) have no more connect problems. Belive me, I have tried the most workaround suggestions presented in different forums, just to keep the fsuipc in fsx, but they have all failed, at least for me.Second: I do not know if the framerate is better or higher, but I get no stuttering, and the FSX behaves more smoother. This is what happens for me!!!RegardsBjorn W

Hi Folks>Run filemon.exe and watch how often fsuipc reads its ini>file.My experience is slightly different ;-)Look closer.It's not fsuipc reading its ini file.It's FSX.exe reading fsuipc.iniOnly guessing FSX.exe may be checking to see if FSUIPC is registered,so simconnect can perform an FSUIPC functionwhich is only available in a registered copty of FSUIPC.We'll have to wait for Pete to return from holiday.Sugggest you post these issues on Pete's forum,at - http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54HTHATBPaulhttp://www.basys.f9.co.uk/resources/images..._sig_500x94.jpg