Sign in to follow this  
Viking01

Norway, the South

With this flight we visit the south of Norway and some of the inland provinces. 

We depart from Fagernes Airport (ENFG), a GA airport near the city of Leirin. It was a used as a commercial airport, but commercial activities ceased in 2018.

For the next 19 waypoints we cross westbound and later southbound over the country. We follow the Sørfjord south, overfly the Old Town of Stavanger [STAV], and land at the airport of Sola (ENZV)

We depart Stavanger, overfly the Stadium [STADI], and head east. We enter the Lysefjord and look out for the Preikestolen [PREIK], the " priests chair". Preikestolen is a steep cliff which rises 604 metres (1,982 ft) above Lysefjorden.

We follow Lysefjorden and land at Valle (ENVE)

We turn south, along the river Otra, follow it east for 3 miles and head for Fyresdal (ENFY), our next landing. Fyresdal is known for its many findings from the Viking Age, its mighty Viking graves, heaps of slag, and the former pilgrim church that once stood proudly north of the village centre. 

Norway's biggest stave church, Heddal Stave Church [CHUR], can be seen on the way to our landing at Notodden (ENNO)

stabkirche2quj3k.jpg

We head first south and then east again and land shortly before reaching the Oslo Fjord, at Sandefjord Torp (ENTO)

We follow the rugged coast to land at Gullknapp (ENGK). It is an GA airport and since several years discussions are ongoing to expand the airport and open it for commercial flights to Denmark and destinations in Norway.

Today's destination is Kristiansand Kjevik Airport (ENCN)

Documentation
The flightplan and a short pilots guide can be found 
here.

Aircraft
We need to cover about 500nm so we require something fast. The TBM 930 or the Vertigo Racer are suitable (no need to race full throttle!!), or any other aircraft cruising with about 200 knots. I'll fly the TBM930 in the D-FAYX livery by Jan Kess Blom.

Additional Scenery

Fagernes, Stavanger Sola, Fyresdal, Sandefjord, and Kristiansand are available as freeware. For Sola you may also want to download a fix for the red lines on the airport and, as for Bergen on our last flight, the Wombiiactual Asset pack. Also available are the Mesh downloads for Norway, Part I and Part II
ORBX has pretty good payware for Kristiansand, Notodden and Sandefjord.

Time and Weather
For takeoff on Saturday, set the simulator at 6:00 pm local for July 31, 2021.
We prefer real weather.

Multiplayer Particulars
Date and time: Saturday, July 31, 2021. 1800 UTC
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. Latest version is 
here. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D and MSFS2020)
Microsoft Flight Simulator Multiplayer: United States East server.

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked
here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

•  
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

As I haven't bought an aircraft this week (which I would fly once and delete) I bulked up on Orbx Norwegian stuff.. 🤪

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I am enjoying my C172 on floats... but this weekend we are heading up to the top of the Island for a visit.. and I will be missing the flight.. 😉

Bert

Some short reading material prior to your weekend flights - Don't be this guy!
HERE

It was mentioned that this article may not be available outside the U.S., scared of spreading the "rona" or soomething - HA!
You may have to try a VPN with your source being the U.S. -OR- stop on over to my dropbox and get a copy. Shhh, don't tell anybody.
HERE   

• Like 2

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I can't get past him buying the thing in the first place. What a read!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.