Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

READ!

Why can't you people that all bought the airbus or pss fuel manager program just ask for a refund under the premise that it is buggy and was falsely advetised? If they won't give it then just call your credit card company and have them charge it back. That's what I do when something like this happens. If these guys get 20 or 30 charge backs then my guess is that they will start to fix things. You paid for something and did not get what was expected. It's not personal, it's business.

Guest Hocking

I haven't read everybodies post in this thread, so I am replying directly to the original poster. With many games that I bought recently, I couldn't agree more with you. Especially when you are talking about small game developers bringing games out for the first time. In this case, I couldn't disagree more with you, at least about how MS behaves as a company.This FSX release has done nothing but soil our hobby as a whole. What I mean by this is that some people who were interested in picking up a copy of Flight Simulator for the first time (someone like me about 10 months ago who bought FS9 as my first Flight Simulator) went out and bought FSX only to find out they could not play it at all. They immediately thought they needed very expensive hardware to play any flight simulator, and back to the store they went. MS should know better than this since they have been developing this series for over 25 years. This is just bad business.I hope my message to the developers of FSX is very loud and clear. Here it is, "Please, please, please, don't develop FS11 for at least another 5 to 6 years." We don't need another disaster like this. We really don't want your next version until about then anyway since we have put so much money into add-ons for the current game (FSX in this case). You can work on FS11 all you want to, but don't release it until hardware is readily available to run it. Heck, don't release it until after we have hardware readily available to run FSX for at least a year.It is completely silly to release a game that is designed to be run on next-generation hardware before that hardware is even out so your game will have a longer life span, and then turn right around and release the next version of the same game three years later. How stupid of an excuse this sounds like to me.Besides, don't worry about Microsoft listening to us. They completely ignore everybody; customers, hardware developers, addon developers, ect... They could care less about what we have to say.I gave up on FSX about two months ago, and have been playing FS9 ever since. I don't intend on going back to FSX until later this year after they have released the DX-10 patch, and I have updated my PC. I am sure FSX will be a great sim, but why why why create all this fiasco with a stupid business decision to release this game when they did.

Guest PowderBlue

I just couldn't believe that waiting for 4 or 5 years FSX was the best they could come up with. I mean honestly I'm sure even on all there test beds they had to run into the issues that we have and more then likely chose to ignore them. I never heard of any development state that they designed and constructed for use on future hardware.

Guest dwaohio

I speculate that ACEs ran out money and did not have the funds to make the changes. They released it and now they have more money to make the changes. That is the only reason that companies like Microsoft and Aces would release FSX in the condition it was in. That is stupid too, releasing a product for the future, how do you know what the future is going to hold. I forgot Mr Gates is rich enough to buy a crystal ball. I wish Microsoft just come out with a game council that was Flightsim, that had all the stuff in it to run Flight Simulator perfectly. That would solve the problem. We would not have to guess what hardware we need to make it work.

>>Besides, don't worry about Microsoft listening to us. They>completely ignore everybody; customers, hardware developers,>addon developers, ect... They could care less about what we>have to say.>Talk about a pile of bull####! I've been through the MSFS beta testing process a few times, and am very aware that Microsoft listens and works with developers. It doesn't always work in favor of a developer, and other times it does. But to to sit on a soapbox & spit out meaningless BS such as above, is being totally ignorant of the facts, or just brushing them aside for an agenda. Or...........it's just a case of making it up as you go! :-roll L.Adamson

Guest dwaohio

SO much bull...than you give us the answer why FSX was released in the condition it was. Tell us.... Someone brain farted at Microsoft and accidentally released early. Or better let's release it and the FS community are sheep and they will just except it. Some in their own community will blame the people who bought FSX that they purchased it to early. Ok I accept that. Yea sure and I have some swamp land to sell you too.....

>What we need is standardised test pilots who are who know both>flightsim and aircraft they are testing. We also need tools>that can be used by the test pilots. >I'll tell you a secret! Flight simming is a "brain game"! The brain fills in the missing portions of "feel". In fact, nearly the total sense of feel is provided from the brain. No real experience in a particular aircraft, and your brain is just guessing. No experience in aircraft at all, and it's REALLY guessing!How many flight simmers are GA pilots, commercial jet pilots, aerobatic pilots, or military fighter pilots, or combinations of all these? Not many I'd suppose! So what good is a requirement to have the flight dynamics bench tested by a qualified pilot of the exact aircraft, when the majority can't "feel" the difference anyway? Let's get the inertia, the dampening, the balloning, the flap pitch moment, the mass, the power to weight , the numbers, etc. parameters in the believable ballpark, but not worry about having an official full fledged test pilot on duty for each simulated release.L.Adamson

I think I would put a lot more credence into what Larry Adamson says as compared to what dwaohio(whatever that means) says!It cracks me up how some people jump up, beat their chests and proclaim to be experts in FS! Hey.... it's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but you are not entitled to make all kinds of ridiculous statements just to bash. Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Guest dwaohio

Ridiculous is FSX being released the way it was. Ridiculous Microsoft not giving us updates on the SP1. Sorry, I been using Flight sim since the first one came out and all other companies that have put out flight sims. So, I know something about Flight sim. Oh yes I am a real pilot with an IFR rating with 500 hours. And a FAA flight dispatcher. Yes, I know something about flightsim and aviation.

dwaohio,I guess my question is, why didn't you get a refund? I know Microsoft has a refund policy on all of their products? If you're not a satisfied customer, simply take it back and get your money back.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

> Yes, I know>something about flightsim and aviation.Then we both know that our computers don't really fly! :-lol L.Adamson

Microsoft has given updates on the Sp1-look around. Since you are giving resumes I also have been around since fs1 (1981)-have 1000 hours and a commercial multi engine/ifr rating and have beta tested Pro Pilot, Fly, and fs2004,fsx. I also know something about fightsim and aviation also and don't agree with your opinion (or speculation) at all for the record.... http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

>............Sorry, I been>using Flight sim since the first one came out and all other>companies that have put out flight sims. So, I know something>about Flight sim. So far you have not indicated that you have a vast knowledge of Flight Sims, but you did show a propensity to complain! >Oh yes I am a real pilot with an IFR rating>with 500 hours. And a FAA flight dispatcher. Yes, I know>something about flightsim and aviation.That does not qualify you as an "expert" and a "final word" on FSX. Like I said earlier, it is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. That does not, however, make it a fact! Y'know.....?..... Opinions are like......I'm not a "real pilot" (although I play one on my TV/Monitor) maybe that makes it easier for me to separate reality from make-believe! I am fully aware that FSX is a "Home Computer Simulation", and a limited one, so I don't expect miracles. That said, FSX is one of the best I've owned, and I have also been through all of them, since C64 FS2, including ATP, Pro Pilot, Flight Unlimited, X-Plane6 and previous to all of them Micropose's Solo Flight which really got me interested(hooked) on civilian Flight Simulation.Does FSX have some problems? Certainly. Do I want them fixed? Certainly. Are they a show stopper? Not in the least bit. Do I believe they will be fixed? You bet, they have always been in the past!Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

My question still stands, and no name dropping here, if FSX sucks so bad and you all are so happy with FS9, why not get the refund, no damage done and continue using FS9 instead of posting nothing useful in this forum? I doubt I'll get a response that has any real substance here, hey don't blame me for asking either I'm just trying to understand the mentality of those indivduals.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Jeff, I guess your post was not in response to me? Because I am very happy with FSX!I still have FS9 on my other computer, but it has not been used for at least 2 months now. The only reason I am hanging on to it, is in case I can/want to migrate some of the many addons I purchased for it, which made it at least somewhat resemble what I get with FSX right out of the box.Pete S.

Pete S.