Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

READ!

Guest PowderBlue

Not everyone here is having bad luck, By some chance some are having fun times with FSX. I have a high end computer and for what I have and see in FS9 it is not worth the hassle. Another reason we keep FSX is cause of a lil thing called hope. Maybe one day patched or not we will find a way to turn it around.

What really irks me, is whenever someone posts anything remotely favorable to MS or FSX, the nay-sayers always appear and commence bashing the product!Nothing wrong with criticism, but the posts usually go well beyond!Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

>What really irks me, is whenever someone posts anything>remotely favorable to MS or FSX, the nay-sayers always appear>and commence bashing the product!>Nothing wrong with criticism, but the posts usually go well>beyond!Pete, it's a sad fact that there are those in this world who simply cannot stand anyone else having fun and not sharing in their pain... "Quit having fun without ME!!!!!It's a juvenile attitude that most folks grow out of by their mid-twenties.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest evanstl

I wonder how many people who post their complaints about the MSFS products they buy put that much effort into the rest of their life?-How many of you own a vehicle from a company that has had recalls for safety of life?-How many of you still eat food that has been proven to be bad for your health?-How many of you take the time to talk to your children about abstinance?-How many of you take the time to talk to your children about drug and alcohol use?-How many of you regularly go to the school your children attend to make sure the teachers provide the education they promise?-How many of you let family members and friends drink and drive?-How many of you chaparone events your kids go to?-How many of you exercise your right to vote? Why did I ask these questions? Because I I love MSFS as much as you do (although I don't get to fly as much as you all do!!). It is my favorite past time after my children and I have enjoyed all of its advances from '98 till now. As a member of your Armed Forces I have traveled to some the places you fly to, US and foreign, and positive answers to those questions are universally low. If we spend time and energy on some of them, then maybe we won't have so many people who don't care about putting who inferior products. Maybe we'll have more people who will take pride in what they produce. Remember, we each have a right to voice our opinion. Don't jump on somebody for exercising that right. Exercising your right to an opinion doesn't mean you should denigrate somebody else for voicing theirs.A Protector of Free Speech

Guest Pike

wow, I almost hear the dramatic theme music in the background, lol. Remember also---when you voice an opinion, you subject yourself to the repercussions for that opinion. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. Just be glad you are on a forum and don't have to pay the physical consequences that some opinions might cost you in a face to face situation.regards,A Protector of Beer and Scantily Clad Women For All

Guest Pike

Also, to the guy who said he didn't trust a website that reviewed products it advertises and sells.While I agree that some of the reviews are found lacking, surely you are aware that ALL review sources advert products they review? Flightsim.com, Computer Pilot, PC Pilot, Electronic Games Monthly, etc etc.They gotta pay the rent somehow, unless of course you plan on picking up the tab. once again regards,A Protector of Beer and Scantily Clad Women For All

Guest Hocking

Well, after reading most of this thread, I have come to the conclusion that none of us know what we are talking about, including me. Muahhhh!!!!!!!!!Anyway, FSX is going to be a great flight sim someday. It was just released about a year to early, and the developers know they made a mistake by releasing it when they did. It was just a bad business decision, and caused them huge amounts of pain with all of the problems they are having to deal with now. They are really still developing this game, even though most of us already have the game in a box at home somewhere, or installed on our machines with about 100 file fixes to get it to run. They were probably forced into releasing when they did to get a DX10 game out on the market, even though it isn't really a DX10 game just yet. At this time, the gaming industry is not rushing into this DX10 thing, and MS is really needing to get some DX10 games out to show off their stuff. Heck, most of us can say that the only reason we feel compelled to get Vista is for this reason alone, DX10 capabilities.I have calmy adjusted my plans for FSX. Instead of upgrading my computer now, I am waiting to upgrade later this year after FSX is made compatible with DX10 (hopefully before October of this year, and I think that is probably not overexagerating). I also have no real reason to upgrade to FSX now anyway because there are no "Realistic" add-on planes for FSX out yet (I guess we shouldn't believe the developers anymore when they claim they keep the compatibility of add-ons in mind when developing their new version of MSFS, but that is ok as long as they make things better for add-on developers in the long run). With no realistic planes for FSX, and no DX10 graphics, why even make the swith to FSX when comparing it to FS9 and all of its great add-ons.I decided early on that I was not going to spend hours upon hours fiddling around with FSX files trying to tweak it to run on my current system at a level that is more like FS9. I will just keep playing FS9 for now, and I am fine with that. In fact, I uninstalled FSX off my machine over two months ago, but I am not taking my game back. I know I will end up playing it, and loving it just as much as I love FS9 now, but probably not until late this year.I have learned the lesson that many of you old-timers out there already know about Flight Simulator. Who cares when Microsoft releases the game, you should plan on upgrading to the new version at least one year after the official release date. That is my big lesson learned in all this. Hey, it is still a great fligh sim program, and will continue to be so, and all this will blow over and be a distant memory someday.There is another two cents worth from me. But, remember, I don't know what I am talking about, and neither do you. Muahhhh!!!!!

>Well, after reading most of this thread, I have come to the>conclusion that none of us know what we are talking about,>including me. Muahhhh!!!!!!!!!I would not agree with "none of us", maybe "a lot of us" or even "most of us".>Anyway, FSX is going to be a great flight sim someday. It was>just released about a year to early, and the developers know>they made a mistake by releasing it when they did. It was>just a bad business decision, and caused them huge amounts of>pain with all of the problems they are having to deal with>now......... Heard the same complaints upon each and every prior version release of MSFS.The old adage, applies: "You can please some of the people all of the time.All of the people some of the time.But, you can't please all of the people all of the time" (Replace the word people with flight simmers)Just remember one thing, the hard core simmers who post in these forums are only a small percentage of users.>I have calmy adjusted my plans for FSX. Instead of upgrading>my computer now, I am waiting to upgrade later this year after>FSX is made compatible with DX10 (hopefully before October of>this year, and I think that is probably not overexagerating). >I also have no real reason to upgrade to FSX now anyway>because there are no "Realistic" add-on planes for FSX out yet>(I guess we shouldn't believe the developers anymore when they>claim they keep the compatibility of add-ons in mind when>developing their new version of MSFS, but that is ok as long>as they make things better for add-on developers in the long>run). With no realistic planes for FSX, and no DX10 graphics,>why even make the swith to FSX when comparing it to FS9 and>all of its great add-ons.>>I decided early on that I was not going to spend hours upon>hours fiddling around with FSX files trying to tweak it to run>on my current system at a level that is more like FS9. I will>just keep playing FS9 for now, and I am fine with that. In>fact, I uninstalled FSX off my machine over two months ago,>but I am not taking my game back. I know I will end up>playing it, and loving it just as much as I love FS9 now, but>probably not until late this year. To each his own! I upgraded and am thoroughly enjoying the sim NOW! >>I have learned the lesson that many of you old-timers out>there already know about Flight Simulator. Who cares when>Microsoft releases the game, you should plan on upgrading to>the new version at least one year after the official release>date. That is my big lesson learned in all this. Hey, it is>still a great fligh sim program, and will continue to be so,>and all this will blow over and be a distant memory someday.>>There is another two cents worth from me. But, remember, I>don't know what I am talking about, and neither do you. >Muahhhh!!!!!If you say so!Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

>>What really irks me, is whenever someone posts anything>>remotely favorable to MS or FSX, the nay-sayers always>appear>>and commence bashing the product!>>Nothing wrong with criticism, but the posts usually go well>>beyond!>>Pete, it's a sad fact that there are those in this world who>simply cannot stand anyone else having fun and not sharing in>their pain... "Quit having fun without ME!!!!!>>It's a juvenile attitude that most folks grow out of by their>mid-twenties.>I agree, Fr.Bill, I wonder how many people go on the FS2004 Forum, just to tell them that "FS9 sucks, and they should all move to FSX!"?I am enjoying FSX and have absolutely no need to even go on FS2004 forum, so I just wish the people who think that FS9 is better than FSX, just stick with it and quit jumping into the FSX threads started by satisfied FSX users! Pete S.

Pete S.

>I also have no real reason to upgrade to FSX now anyway>because there are no "Realistic" add-on planes for FSX out yet>(I guess we shouldn't believe the developers anymore when they>claim they keep the compatibility of add-ons in mind when>developing their new version of MSFS, but that is ok as long>as they make things better for add-on developers in the long>run). With no realistic planes for FSX, and no DX10 graphics,>why even make the swith to FSX when comparing it to FS9 and>all of its great add-ons.>As for airliners I know of no great transitions to FSX yet, but for single engine, one of the most realistic planes created for FS2002/FS2004, has a new FSX version that was released about a month ago. The RealAir SF260. It's been reprogrammed especially for FSX, and even spins better than it's previous versions. The exterior takes advantage of FSX's bump mapping, and it really makes a difference, when looking at the rivet lines along the wing. The plane is also very frame rate friendly just as the FS9 version was.L.Adamson

I read this one! The subject does interest me vaguely.Most of your know me in one incarnation or another. I've done one scenery product as payware, many more as freeware.When I fell in love with flight and simulation, I was using the apple 2 version. So for me, the added realism enjoyed thru the years has been amazing. And when I figured out how to make a building texture fool your eye to imitate more complexity than is really there, wow.. that was interesting. My theory is that the continuing evolution of something like this has a natural limit. Once reached there isn't the level of added thrill commenserate with the added evolution. Going from fs2 to fs3 was amazing, because we could finally imagine that the world of our simulation had something to do with the world at large. That's cool, and our expectations remained within a region that was well satisfiable by the technology.When addons became available during the birth of the internet, it was unbelievable to me. To think that I could expand my game for free, and learn how to do it myself...how cool is that. Everyone I ran into was friendly, helpful, sharing, appreciative...it was all good. Back in the Compuserve days, the nature of learning and teaching and sharing was awesome. Finally, somewhere along the line, the capability of some folks got so good, and marrying that to the continuing trend of the technology that the challenge became very large. Payware was one way folks made sense out of the whole deal. That makes some sense to the developer but it adds entitlement to the user who is now a buyer, but entitlement to what? The subtle expectation is continued thrill, but when you go from nearly perfect to very nearly perfect, its hard to get thrilled. The users of today have therefore become hypercritical, which I believe is the expected logical outcome of a system that has reached the end of its natural extrapolation. So no matter what "more" is offered, satisfaction is not acheived. Eventually the capability to produce perfect imitations of the world creating expectation of even more perfect imitations of the world leads to a collapse of spirit and family that the whole addon community enjoyed during the time when it was all free, and the results were far less perfect.I think its all logical, and there is no solution except to find a different thing to do. We've done this one. And that's really ok, the world is vast with many wonderful challenges. Anyway, that's my two cents. I've decided to go to graduate school, first time back to college for 30 years. What a hoot! I'll probably continue to decorate the fs world, but I may not discuss these things much because its not fun now to interface with the community. The money isn't important, and the relationships are no longer childlike in their warmth.Best,Bob Bernstein

I read in the Flight1 forum, that the ATR is currently being patched as a free update for FSX. Wilco also announced that FeelThere will port their 73x, Legacy and ERJ to FSX.As for the smaller single/dual props: The entire(?) Carenado collection has been ported to FSX with a free patcher. Also, the Aerosoft Piper Cheyenne is in the works as free update.Radar Contact has been ported to FSX as a free update as well as FSBuild, Active Sky and Flight Deck Companion.Pat

Gunship was Awesome! I even got a medal of honor once. I'm sure that it was old hat to some of you guys, but it was cool to me. I even went out and spent a bunch of money (to me) to get a CGA monitor so I could play Gunship in color. Microprose was king back then. That and the first Red Baron were my favorite games for a long, long time. And Red Baron played so much better when I got my 33 MHz 486, upgrading from a 20 MHz 286. Amazing that there is still a huge following for Red Baron II/3D, still releasing software for it.I never really got into F-19, though. I bought it when it came out, but I just couldn't get into it.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg