Sign in to follow this  
BEARlyThereCDN

Decisions, Decisions.

10 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Once more! That is my local airport KESN and please provide a screen shot from your installation if that is now how it looks for you

I can't figure out how to post screen shots, but I can confirm that KESN only displays orthophotos, but no 3D structures. Odd, since I know of smaller airports that do show nice structures. It's a glitch, all right. One day we'll have that scenery gateway that will make it possible for the community to address these lingering issues.

• Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

I don't have FSX installed but I sure do miss flying around with Jahn's freeware Constellation.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, 177B said:

But I quickly realized that members of these forums did not like me posting about the new FS2020. So I stopped.

If you only troll then please leave. At the very least add this is just your opinion...

I know that you are measuring things with different scales and have been tooting MSFS´s horn since the first second after it was released, stating that you "fly full IFR procedures with no problems" when everyone else for some odd reasons still couldn´t. So I am weighing your response with that in mind 😆. But for the sake of completeness:

I was just responding to another user who:

A.) brought up X-Plane in a post just a few posts above mine

and

B.) did not state that he was just stating his OPINION either 🙄.

I did not see you jump in and demand him "leaving for mentioning X-Plane", nor did I see you scold him for "stating things without clarifying if fact or opinion". 😁

So...maybe it is ok to mention X-Plane in the MSFS forum as long as someone is saying bad things about it? 🤣

Edited by Janov
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Ok, just trying to help…But with an attitude like that, I say cheers to you and couldn’t care less anymore if it gets sorted at your end! 

It is just not the same for everyone, so this one-size-fits-all does not resonate well.  Especially when a mere matter-of-fact post is responded to in such manners.  Please revisit my first post in this topic.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

16 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

I can't figure out how to post screen shots, but I can confirm that KESN only displays orthophotos, but no 3D structures. Odd, since I know of smaller airports that do show nice structures. It's a glitch, all right. One day we'll have that scenery gateway that will make it possible for the community to address these lingering issues.

Fortunately another user has recently addressed KESN and it is available on TO.  But it was not available from last August until May.  I installed FSX SE in mid-September.  But that airport was by no means the only reason as I have previously pointed out after I was challenged.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 minutes ago, fppilot said:

It is just not the same for everyone, so this one-size-fits-all does not resonate well.  Especially when a mere matter-of-fact post is responded to in such manners.  Please revisit my first post in this topic.

Nah I’m good, In my many years here I’ve always tried my best to help others and be genuine in all my posts, you can check my history on it. I was truly trying to help you and didn’t expect that sort of attitude, even went as far as not classifying you as a troll. So having said that, anything you post here on out whether on this thread or others is as good as dirt under the rug to me, and I will simply look past it. You can rebuttal if you want but I won’t reply and will simply look past it.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

50 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

What a useless thread.

Absolutely !! .. Troll plus a hi-jacker came in .. poof !!

Edited by SAPilot
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you have the disk space.. what is the harm in keeping her around?

Wish I had left FSX on my computer. Would like to take a spin in the DC-3 with the air and airports full of realistic traffic. Also would be fun to revisit just to compare.

1 hour ago, rka said:

Even the flight model is almost there now and we're only one year into the public beta

"High Praise Indeed"

I think you've found the key to satisfaction with MSFS---Just keep any and all expectations as low as you can.

What would any of us have thought, last August, if we knew that the quoted statement would be offered as a compliment eleven months after release.

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

This is a new system I build last August expressly for MSFS.  I would provide a list of reasons why I installed FSX SE in September but I obviously I would be accused of trolling....

My local airport, KESN in MSFS.
image.png.89cba6e8784600b6ce81243b7e5f9330.png

Yep, there are a ton of GA airports like this in MSFS.  Lots of great scenery around them, but the airports themselves are missing the buildings, hangers, etc. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikeklimek said:

Yep, there are a ton of GA airports like this in MSFS.  Lots of great scenery around them, but the airports themselves are missing the buildings, hangers, etc. 

Did you take that photo under water? 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

That’s what your msfs looks like??

There is something really wrong with his PC. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

13 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Did you take that photo under water? 

He took that picture before adding the freely available add on, which he sings high praises of. Some might say that original picture was disingenuous. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

4 hours ago, BEARlyThereCDN said:

Has FSX seen it's days? Is MSFS 2020 the NOW and FUTURE of flight simming for the next couple of decades? Is it time to part company with a old friend?

1.  No.  Many people still use 20 year old technology.

2.  Maybe, but not for "decades".

3.  Depends.  Do you still enjoy watching late night marathons of "I Love Lucy" on cable TV?

Rick Ryan

1 hour ago, jrw4 said:

Well there are over 36,000 airports at least in MSFS, so I guess they missed one or two. People are making add on airports all the time for MSFS. Took me  0.0456 seconds to find this on Google   http://www.allflightmods.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020/msfs2020-airports/kesn-easton-md-v1-0/