Sign in to follow this  
scnrfrq

Fs live traffic

Guest camtech

hello has anyone tried FS live traffic ,and how is it with FSX as far as frame rate.Thanks.Robert

Guest johnbartle

Works perfect in FSX, I am also running MyTraffic FSX and getting fine frame rates. I can give you all the setting details if you want. By the way, In FS9 & FSX I noticed that flights would "mirror image" and have tried to figure this out. I assumed if you run 100% airliner traffic you get 100% of the airliner traffic right now, but that is not true. Above a certain % flights will come in and land at the correct time, but then reverse - take off again as the original flight # for the origination airport. This has to do with flights in progress when you download the traffic file I think. Anyway if you set airliner to 68% it works flawlessly, and I am forever sold on this product. Also if you are running MyTraffic FSX along using their FS Live compatible database (which eliminates all USA IFR airline flights only), if you go above 68% airliner traffic it begins to add superfluous flights - AeroCalifornia & AirCanada Jazz at KSHV Shreveport,LA.ThanksJohn Bartle

Guest garyw2005

>hello has anyone tried FS live traffic ,and how is it with>FSX as far as frame rate.>>Thanks.RobertI,m using it without any change in my frame rate. I don't know why everone is making such a big deal on frame rates. Megascenery limits rates at 25fps. If that scenery didn't limit me, I'd have much more fps.Gary

Guest babewatcher

JohnThanks for the info. I too have FS Live traffic and was interested in getting My Traffic X to fill the void left at all the other airports located outside of the North America continent.I was wanting to know how the 2 programs worked together. Emails I have sent for the past week to aerosoft and Airnav have gone unanswered. I wanted to know how the 2 programs worked together since they both create a traffic bgl and how they illimate duplication with flights in north america since both programs create flights for north america. It would be great if FS LIve would elimate north american flights generated by MY TRAFFIC X so that there would be no duplicates. They say that FS LIVE is compatable with version 5.0B of MY Taffic however the box set is version 5.0. where do you get version B and what is the difference? These are all questions I have for aerosoft but so far no answers.Don

hi,i use it for fs9,i tried the 68% setting but my flights still return to where they came from plus things like using a a340 on a route being flown by a 767.is there anything else you did i could try,i just cant figure this out.thanks,tony.

Guest johnbartle

You need MT 5.0B to run FSLive, I think. It is accessible from the MyTraffic communicator (in the MT main folder) Go to Installs & Downloads > Patches and you will see it. MT 5.0B runs worldwide Jan 2007 airline schedules I believe aznd they will update it periodically. When you run MT you specify a year to run the AI traffic (you can actually go back in time) If you run the 2006 - FSLive compatible database, MT gives you the world minus N america (IFR flight plans). MT still gives GA VFR & military IFR traffic in N america. FSLive gives all IFR airline, cargo, & GA flight plans. It runs perfectly except for the "mirroring" I referred to earlier. I checked it out and it is not 100% bulletproof, but 68% still gives the most AI traffic for minimal mirroring. Load FSX look at the Traffic Explorer and play with the airliner %. This is how I came up with 68%. Also MT adds superfluous airliner traffic in the USA above 68% (mostly random international flights to/from USA). AirNav is checking into this, but worse case scenario this will be fine. When checking traffic try looking at www.flightaware.com to see if your trafficx explorer is accurate. If you have never seen their website, it will blow your mind. Lastly, framerates...be aware any movie you have ever watched was at 24fps.ThanksJohn BartlePS - I forgot about this.. MT loads into FSX through the scenery library (just like how we load in add on scenery.) FSX runs any traffic.bgl file in the main MT folder and that is where the FSLIVE.bgl is found.

Guest babewatcher

JohnThanks for this post. The info you have provided is exactly what I have been trying to get from AIRNAV for a week. I guess I will be getting my order in today for My Traffic and then start working on the wife to get me that new Dell XPS 710 for $7,000.00 for valentines day. LOLDon

Guest johnbartle

Good Luck with the new computer!One thing you might want to do is update some of the callsigns. Northwest/Pinnacle/Mesaba all fly as "northwest" COntinental Express flies as Continental not JetLink. I can help you with this.John Bartle

Guest babewatcher

JohnOnce again thank you for all the info. The link for flightaware is amazing and certainly an eye opener. I have set my ai flight settings to 68% and I have noticed that a very large number of my flights that show enroute are in fact mirror flights of flights according to the website were completed on average 1-3 hrs prior and of course in the opposite direction. Have you talked to anyone from AIR Nav about this as any emails I have sent for the past 2 weeks to them have gone unanswered. So far I have not been impressed with their product support. IM looking forward to recieving MY TRAFFIC X in a few days. Can MY TRAFFIC X be installed over top of LIVE TRAFFIC or should I uninstall Live traffic before installing MY Traffic X. In the end with both programs installed do you end up with 2 diferrent traffic bgls in the MT scenery folder? one from MT and the other from Live traffic?Don

How ddo you get fs live traffic 3 to work with FSX running on windows 7. I have tried everything and nothing. It says it is downloading but I get no flights in USA or anywhere in the world. Only the fsx A/I traffic is flying around