Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Now what happens tomorrow ??

19 hours ago, cianpars said:

Depends where you are. Here in the UK it's usually 4pm BST (3pm UTC).

I guess that means when this little hand is on the 3...

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

10 hours ago, fppilot said:

First step is to clean out the Community folder first.

Can't. Won't. Too much good stuff in there. I'm just going to grin and bear it.

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Can't. Won't. Too much good stuff in there. I'm just going to grin and bear it.

Copy and it out and paste it back in after the update, simple.

• Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Maybe I am missing something but I can't understand why cleaning out the Community folder will do anything at all? When the app updates I would think it doesn't care one bit about that folder? Just moving stuff out before the update and then moving everything back should have no effect what so ever?

It is another thing entirely to USE the stuff in that folder after the update, though. Then problems could logically arise as the update would be more or less bound to break some functionality in 3rd party mods.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It's recommended so just do it, it's not hard #ShrugsShoulders

Even easier if you use Addon Linker from flightsim.to, just one mouse click and job done.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 minute ago, MarcG said:

It's recommended so just do it, it's not hard #ShrugsShoulders

Yeah, it isn't hard but doesn't make sense.

• Like 4

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

3 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Yeah, it isn't hard but doesn't make sense.

No sense at all 👍😀

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Maybe I am missing something but I can't understand why cleaning out the Community folder will do anything at all? When the app updates I would think it doesn't care one bit about that folder? Just moving stuff out before the update and then moving everything back should have no effect what so ever?

It is another thing entirely to USE the stuff in that folder after the update, though. Then problems could logically arise as the update would be more or less bound to break some functionality in 3rd party mods.

But if you empty the folder before you update or just before you start the sim it is not really a big difference. The point is that so many mods are now incompatible with SU5 that they need some hours to correct it.

Just use the vanilla sim for a day and I am sure you will have a lot less headaches.

• Like 3

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

2 hours ago, Fielder said:

I guess that means when this little hand is on the 3...

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc

Only if you are flying Aer Lingus.  In the UK, that's 3pm or anywhere else 15 hundred hours.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I use to fall for this nonsense advice that you have to empty your community folder before every update. I've left my community folder as is during the last two updates and nothing happened.

That some of the addons you have in your community folder may not work after an update, is a completely different issue.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I use to fall for this nonsense advice that you have to empty your community folder before every update. I've left my community folder as is during the last two updates and nothing happened.

That some of the addons you have in your community folder may not work after an update, is a completely different issue.

This update is a bit different. It changes a lot of core stuff, that will break many addons. Not a big deal, BUT, these can actually break your sim too, simply by being in the Community Folder. even if you dont interact with them at all. 

When we got in the SU5 Beta, one of the first lines from the microsoft email was EMPTY YOUR COMMUNITY FOLDER.

• Like 1

I simply rename my community folder to BACKUP community...update creates a new one and then filter the addons back in as needed - easy peasy

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

I can already sense the incoming comments on how xyz mod is now broken and the related tantrums. 

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

It takes two mouse clicks with AddonLinker to empty community folder, i'm surprised that not everybody use that excellent freeware program.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |