1. Find the layout.json file in the mod folder

2. Edit it with Notepad, removing these lines:

{
      "path": "ModelBehaviorDefs/Asobo/Exterior.xml",
      "size": 66015,
      "date": 1602478610656
    },

3. Save

4. Delete the ModelBehaviorDefs folder from the mod.

The only thing you are losing are some prop animation edits, as best I know, and Rob Young's Turbo Bonanza flies as nice as ever 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bert

8 hours ago, ckelly14 said:

Just coming back to this thread as I started to fly the G36 and love it.  However, I have been using the G36 project and it really doesn't play nice with the NXi (yet).  I'm wondering if I should install the Robert Young version or uninstall the NXi and continue to use the WT G1000 mod for now.  I really like how the NXi has a functioning "Direct" mode and can't see myself going back very easily...

Just wanted to ensure that you're aware of this potential 3rd option.   The "PMS50 GTN750 for MSFS 2020".   It's available as a freeware version, and a payware version.

I have NOT tried this yet,  but I installed the freeware version a few days ago and I intend to.   I've only had a chance to watch some YouTube videos.  I linked to the part of the video where it shows how the 750 can pull up Jeppesen approach plates and airport charts,  which I thought was super cool and extremely useful.   Anyway,  I have to dig into it further and see what the different versions offer.  I know Navigraph requires a sub.    Good luck whatever you do.

https://pms50.com/msfs/aircrafts/

https://pms50.com/fs2020/gtn750/documentation.pdf

Edited by Waldo Pepper

I ended up flying the Frett with the NXi and it actually flew well.  I opened a RNAV approach at Marsh Harbor, Bahamas and flew it without incident.  

Thanks for the info about the other 2 options.  I'll add Rob Young's turbo and see what happens.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Just a repeat... for Rob Young's Bonanza mod, SU5:

If you are looking for an interim workaround.. try this:

1. Find the layout.json file in the mod folder

2. Edit it with Notepad, removing these lines:

{
      "path": "ModelBehaviorDefs/Asobo/Exterior.xml",
      "size": 66015,
      "date": 1602478610656
    },

3. Save

4. Delete the ModelBehaviorDefs folder from the mod.

The only thing you are losing are some prop animation edits, as best I know, and Rob Young's Turbo Bonanza flies as nice as ever 🙂

Thanks... I was apparently using the old v2 and not v3 mod - and I forgot to edit it!

(somewhere over western MI)

51411864804_470d0ec80b_o.pngrainbow by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hey guys

I'm on the team that developed the G36 Improvement Project, (aka Frett version)

We are still actively developing the mod and support the NXi - our latest release is 0.6.5.https://github.com/TheFrett/msfs_g36_project/releases/tag/0.65

On the development branch we have a very early rendition of state saving, your fuel level is saved between flights and sim starts. My plan is to try and build out additional state saving to help give the aircraft an 'alive' feeling. Also on the dev list is adding the missing hobbs meter on the left pedestal panel.

You can comment on issues here https://github.com/TheFrett/msfs_g36_project/issues and I'll be keeping the mod up to date on Flightsim.to https://flightsim.to/file/21221/bonanza-g36-improvement-project

As a note to our team, we have validated the flight model with two real G36 Bonanza pilots. 🙂

Edited by CaptMatto
wording
  • Like 8

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

3 hours ago, CaptMatto said:

I'm on the team that developed the G36 Improvement Project, (aka Frett version)

Your commitment to this project is really appreciated. A thank you goes out to everyone on the team.

Edited by airlinejets
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CaptMatto said:

I'll be keeping the mod up to date on Flightsim.to https://flightsim.to/file/21221/bonanza-g36-improvement-project

Much appreciate your efforts, it's my go to bird in MFS. Is that nice blue livery pictured included with the mod now, I had it a while ago as a separate repaint but I couldn't get it play nicely with TheFrett mod?

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I've been using the Frett version to potter about on Vatsim and have had a lot of fun with it. No real world experience however so can't say how accurate the flight model is.

• Like 1

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

Both versions are great and a lot of fun.  I like the G36 with the new G1000NXi added as well.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I love and use heavily the Nexus Mod Bonanza. Many liveries.  Flies great.

Stan

• Like 1

Anything Rob Young does is going to be good. Some of my favorite planes of all time came from his old Company, RealAir. The Duke and the LanceAir were some of the best planes ever made for FSX in my opinion. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 3:49 PM, Waldo Pepper said:

Just wanted to ensure that you're aware of this potential 3rd option.   The "PMS50 GTN750 for MSFS 2020".   It's available as a freeware version, and a payware version.

This is a great way to fly Rob's Turbo Bonanza!  I use the edit that Bert mentioned, then alternate btwn the wonderful NXi and the PMS GTN750.  When flying with the GTN750, I drop the NXi and put in the latest WT g1000 mod to go with it - works beautifully.

Randall Rocke

3 hours ago, RandallR said:

This is a great way to fly Rob's Turbo Bonanza!  I use the edit that Bert mentioned, then alternate btwn the wonderful NXi and the PMS GTN750.  When flying with the GTN750, I drop the NXi and put in the latest WT g1000 mod to go with it - works beautifully.

Hoping you can help me.  Have RYs mod installed, did Bert's fix, and have the PMS GTN 750 as well as the WT G1000 but the GTN 750 is not showing up on the right PFD, which seems to be the G1000.  Any ideas?

Did you add the proper aircraft package?  Here's a view of my AddOnsLinker profile when I'm loading up this aircraft and the GTN750:

G36-Turbo-with-GTN750

Note that this includes both the pms50-gtn750-aircraft-g36 and the pms50-instrument-gtn750 elements.

Randall Rocke

13 minutes ago, RandallR said:

Did you add the proper aircraft package?  Here's a view of my AddOnsLinker profile when I'm loading up this aircraft and the GTN750:

G36-Turbo-with-GTN750

Note that this includes both the pms50-gtn750-aircraft-g36 and the pms50-instrument-gtn750 elements.

Yup that was it - my bad thanks!