Sign in to follow this  
Guest Yak Yak

Some pictures (real) flying into St. Maarten....

I know St. Maarten is always a popular place to talk about...all the pictures floating around the internet of airplanes landing taken from Maho Beach are awesome... :) I had a chance to pilot a plane in there the other day..so I took some shots and figured I'm share them here too...http://tinyurl.com/l9p9c:) Cool island..Regards..BeachAV8R

WOW very nice. No topless on the beach. Your supposed to be flying the approach.Ha HAJimCYWG

awesome shots, and downloading the video now! What a/c were you flying in?edit: downloaded the video, it wont run in quicktime or winamp. what do I use to open it?

Ah..the video is DIVX encoded..so you need DIVX codecs to view it.We were in a Citation V btw... :)Regards..BeachAV8R

Guest ThrottleUp

Omg you have SUCH a cool job! So lucky that THAT is your office!! Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing them!40,000ft I had no idea that model of bizzjet could scuttle all the way up there. Thats a lot higher than the 737-3/4/500 can go isnt it!

>40,000ft I had no idea that model of bizzjet could scuttle all>the way up there. Thats a lot higher than the 737-3/4/500 can>go isnt it!I'm not sure what the 737s, 47s, 57s can do..the Citation V tops out at FL450. I've only been up to FL450 about 4 times though..we only go there when we are interested in going a LONG way at long range cruise power. Performance-wise, the Citation V does best at about FL340 to FL370. Our Mmo is Mach .755 (pretty slow for a business jet) and we can do .72 to .74 at FL340 to FL370. If we go above FL390 we are lucky to see .71 and at FL450 we might only get to .67...but the fuel flows drop dramatically up there.Regards..BeachAV8R

biz jets go pretty high, the V is the caddy of airplanes

Guest Yak Yak

beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing. You really captured the "i'm there" experience...-fz