Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations | A32NX | Beginner Guide

Hi there,

We are happy to announce our in-depth A32NX beginner guide!

We’ve included detailed information through different stages of flight so that you can begin your journey from a cold and dark state all the way to your destination gate. Each page was reviewed by one of our own A320 pilots to ensure that everything you learn / review is accurate!

https://docs.flybywiresim.com/beginner-guide/overview/

• Like 25
  • Upvote 2

FlyByWire Simulations

11 minutes ago, Watsi said:

Hi there,

We are happy to announce our in-depth A32NX beginner guide!

We’ve included detailed information through different stages of flight so that you can begin your journey from a cold and dark state all the way to your destination gate. Each page was reviewed by one of our own A320 pilots to ensure that everything you learn / review is accurate!

https://docs.flybywiresim.com/beginner-guide/overview/

Excellent!  Great job by the FBW team! Keep up the good work!

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

There's a little misunderstanding with regard to the use of a dead zone in the joystick X and Y axis settings for the development version. One says a dead zone no longer is necessary where others say it still is. Can you please shed some light on this? Thank you very much. And thanks for providing this guide.

Edited by hvw

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

13 minutes ago, hvw said:

There's a little misunderstanding with regard to the use of a dead zone in the joystick settings for the development version. One says a dead zone no longer is necessary where others say it still is. Can you please shed some light on this? Thank you very much.

It depends a bit on your hardware. Some kind of a deadzone is always a good idea.
Regarding MSFS deadzone settings: it depends on the accuracy of your controllers and if they produce "signal noise".
Regarding A32NX EFB throttle setting deadzone: the more deadzone you set, the more range you have for each detent. But be careful that detents/deadzones don't overlap each other.

The other question is the sensitivity setting (MSFS) of Y and X axis. Since we implemented our own custom AP and FBW, it is recommended to set sensitivity to zero / neutral. However some Joysticks are too sensitive then (again, depends on the hardware). For example I lowered the sensitivity settings on my Joystick as well, cause my stick is way to sensitive on 0 setting.

Edited by Watsi
  • Like 2

FlyByWire Simulations

Simply AMAZING this Tutorial !

Thank you so much "Watsi" / FBW !!!!

This kind of stuff is one of the best incentives and reasons to believe in the future of MFS. The base platform is promising of course by itself, it has lots of potential and was the best happening in the flight simulation world in the whole last year, but it would be / taste completely different if it wasn't for initiatives lke FBW's A320 offer, as a Freeware !!! 

Of course I am looking fwd for the payware A380 which will probably become the first detailled A380 available for MFS !!!

Keep the EXCELLENT WORK !!!

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 4

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

8 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Simply AMAZING this Tutorial !

Thank you so much "Watsi" / FBW !!!!

This kind of stuff is one of the best incentives and reasons to believe in the future of MFS. The base platform is promising of course by itself, it has lots of potential and was the best happening in the flight simulation world in the whole last year, but it would be / taste completely different if it wans't for initiatives lke FBW's A320 offer, as a Freeware !!! 

Of course I am looking fwd for the payware A380 which will probably become the first detailled A380 available for MFS !!!

Keep the EXCELLENT WORK !!!

The A380 will of course be freeware too.

• Like 2

FlyByWire Simulations

3 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Guide looks great. Is the guide available as a PDF?

Not right now. Sorry.

FlyByWire Simulations

5 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Which was my first question as well.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks, @Watsi

On a side note knowing this is not the support hub: is it a known issue that when importing a simbrief flightplan it loads ok and on the Perf/W+B page the payload loads (the asterix blinks) but the fuel does not load, the asterix does not blink, let me run out of fuel recently over the carribean...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, Watsi said:

It depends a bit on your hardware. Some kind of a deadzone is always a good idea.
Regarding MSFS deadzone settings: it depends on the accuracy of your controllers and if they produce "signal noise".
Regarding A32NX EFB throttle setting deadzone: the more deadzone you set, the more range you have for each detent. But be careful that detents/deadzones don't overlap each other.

The other question is the sensitivity setting (MSFS) of Y and X axis. Since we implemented our own custom AP and FBW, it is recommended to set sensitivity to zero / neutral. However some Joysticks are too sensitive then (again, depends on the hardware). For example I lowered the sensitivity settings on my Joystick as well, cause my stick is way to sensitive on 0 setting.

Thanks a lot. 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

30 minutes ago, DAD said:

Thanks, @Watsi

On a side note knowing this is not the support hub: is it a known issue that when importing a simbrief flightplan it loads ok and on the Perf/W+B page the payload loads (the asterix blinks) but the fuel does not load, the asterix does not blink, let me run out of fuel recently over the carribean...

I'm a bad adviser regarding SimBrief, since I don't use it (using LittleNavMap). Maybe ask this on our discord. Someone should be able to help.

FlyByWire Simulations

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

You can just print the page and in the printer popup, just select "Save as PDF" 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Nice guide. Thanks

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Thank you so much for your great creative contribution !!! 👍

• Like 1