Sign in to follow this  
John Fields

Update is Live!!

If I understand this correctly, we're 30 minutes away from release, everywhere!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Just now, anden145 said:

If I understand this correctly, we're 30 minutes away from release, everywhere!

Correct.

The one with the fastest download speed wins.

28 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

I assume that somebody must have the update already (Seattle, New York, Sao Paulo...).

But nobody says anything.

😓

They posted the times on two posts above yours, just look at it. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

They posted the times on two posts above yours, just look at it. 

Yes!

I was too anxious!

My sight was obliterated!

🤓

Edited by John Fields

30 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

I assume that somebody must have the update already (Seattle, New York, Sao Paulo...).

But nobody says anything.

😓

I think you missunderstood it. It will be released globally at the same time, in about 22 minutes.

• Like 1

🤐

4 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

I think you missunderstood it. It will be released globally at the same time, in about 22 minutes.

Yes, you're right and I was very very wrong!

My mistake!

Edited by John Fields

13 minutes from now for SU5 ! 😄

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

@ChaoticBeauty     come on. Give the news to the community.

We are waiting for you. Not MS/Asobo 🙂

Edited by kt069
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

11 minutes ago, John Fields said:

🤐

Yes, you're right and I was very very wrong!

My mistake!

I wonder how many people are going to quote that response again lol. If I were you, I'd just edit it and clarify you understand it now

Two things will happen. A wave of happier people will turn up and a wave of : thats it im going back to FSX people will rise once again. 6 mins away now.

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Status: Live on Microsoft Store (1,11GB) and Steam (349,1MB)

It is highly recommended to clear your Community folder and only use add-ons that are certified compatible with the new update for maximum stability. Make sure to update your installed World Updates in the Content Manager as well.

Download sizes:

Standard: 40,78GB

Deluxe: 42,28GB

Premium Deluxe: 43,87GB

Release-Notes-Banner.jpg

For PC users: Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times. You will be on Version 1.18.13.0.

PERFORMANCE

This update includes significant performance improvements to make the experience more seamless.

• Improved multi core support for CPU
  • Better memory and GPU usage
  • Faster loading times
  • Stutters have been significantly reduced

DISCOVERY FLIGHTS

Discovery Flights were originally inspired by those who wanted to fly in one of our trailers! Discovery Flights place you in the most scenic locations on the planet, including awesome locations like the Great Pyramids or Mount Everest, or vibrant cities like Naples or Rio de Janeiro, in optimal weather conditions for you to fly and sightsee at your leisure. You can quickly switch between locations using the Activity tab available from the pause menu. Two additional Discovery Flights are featured with all World Updates available for free within the in-game Marketplace.

WORLD EXPLORATION IMPROVEMENTS

The world map now also features satellite imagery, map labels, and main Point of Interest names to make exploring the world (and even finding your house) as easy as possible. We extended this capability into the flight experience itself and you can now activate the POI labels during a flight, meaning you can suddenly understand the spatial relationships between cities, mountains, and other landmarks. A new section is available in the Assistances menu, to display labels on all on-screen POIs or only the one you are pointing toward with the camera.

MicrosoftTeams-image-1.png

ACTIVITIES UPDATES

Landing Challenges are now graded. Remember to download World Updates in the marketplace, which contain additional landing challenges and bush trips.

TRAINING FLIGHTS

We overhauled our training flights to make them more digestible. Each of the 22 flights focuses on a specific notion, starting with basic handling, to landing & take off, VFR navigation, all the way to learning how to fly an airliner like the Airbus 320neo. Training flights feature contextual voiceovers, a score, and a grade to provide feedback and advice to progress through your learning journey.

MicrosoftTeams-image-4.png

FLIGHT ASSISTANT / NEW ASSISTANCES

The Flight Assistant is a new UI panel available via the toolbar in Free Flight and Discovery Flights. It allows you to quickly get AI help during flight:

• You can select nearby POIs or airports and set them as your destination to get direction
  • You can also give control to the AI to fly you to your chosen destination.
  • If using an Xbox controller, you can choose to temporarily enable AI flight control whenever you toggle the on-screen “cursor mode” (see below) to interact with menus or cockpit instruments
  • You can delegate radio communications to the AI to let them interact with Air Traffic Control
  • You can quickly activate auto-trimming and anti-stall assists

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

GAMEPAD NAVIGATION / CURSOR

If using an Xbox controller, you can use the left stick to control an on-screen cursor to navigate menus, world map and cockpits. To access the cursor controls during flight, click the left stick button on the controller to switch from flight controls to “Cursor Mode”. An extended zone around the cursor is used to select interactive element closest to the cursor center dot, making it more permissive and easier to use. Right stick is used to scroll pages and quickly change options. Cursor parameters are available in the Options / General Options / Accessibility menu.

COCKPIT INTERACTIONS

Added the new “Lock” interaction system:

• Set active by default but can be reverted to “Legacy” in Options / General Options / Accessibility.
  • Tooltips are now displaying the instrument name, instrument values, and controls (dynamic depending of the device in use)
  • Using the cursor or the camera center pointer, you can highlight any interactive cockpit instrument.
  • Once highlighted, you can interact with the instrument:
    • If the instrument is simple (buttons, 2 positions switches), tapping Xbox Controller A or Mouse left button will interact with it. If the instrument is complex (knobs, levers…), tapping Xbox Controller A or holding Mouse left button will lock on it.
    • Once locked on an instrument, you can:
      • Use primary (Xbox Controller A/ Mouse left button), secondary (Xbox Controller X/ Mouse right button) or tertiary (Xbox Controller Y/ Mouse middle button) interactions.
      • Increase/ decrease the instrument (Xbox Controller LT/ RT or Mouse wheel)
      • Use gestures (Xbox Controller left stick or Mouse movements)
      • Unlock the instrument (Xbox Controller B or release Mouse left button)

LAND ANYWHERE / VFX

The following planes are now provided with skis and floats variants:

• Cessna C172 classic
  • Cessna C172 G1000
  • CubCrafters XCub
  • Zlin Aviation Shock Ultra

These aircraft’s checklists have been adapted accordingly. Appropriated VFX are displayed depending on the surface type you are landing on.

MicrosoftTeams-image-3.pngPlane with skis landing on snow

ACCESSIBILITY / SCREEN READER

We have added a text-to-speech narration feature to the Flight Simulator menus (English language only at first). This can be accessed during Onboarding for new users or enabled via Options / General Options / Accessibility for existing users. This feature is work-in-progress and does not yet cover every screen or option but should allow users to navigate to the most vital menu screens needed to begin a flight. We are actively working on making the narrator more comprehensive and aim to add more functionality in future updates. Learn more about our Accessibility efforts here

LIVERIES

Two new livery sets are available Aviator club Xbox and Livery 01.

KNOWN ISSUES

For a full list of current known issues, click here.

QUESTIONS?

Check out the Xbox FAQ or feel free to leave feedback and answer the poll questions about your experience here. About to play on Xbox and new to the community? Click here!

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Update is live on Steam

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

1 minute ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

Update is live on Steam

Yes just seen!!!!

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE