Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

Know AI Bug causing CTD

3 hours ago, Car147 said:

Ah well, i'll give it a try once downloaded (dropped to a crawl now ) otherwise DCS for a few days beckons.

I'm with you.  I find little point in flying alone without any AI.  Took a break from MSFS waiting for this update; guess I will wait a little longer.

Don't understand how this kind of bug can be de-prioritized 9 months after launch.  Appears MS got everyone to spend full price on what appears to be the equivalent of an Early Access title, with the way major features are broken in every "update."

Edited by PurdueKev

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

6 minutes ago, PurdueKev said:

I'm with you.  I find little point in flying alone without any AI.  Took a break from MSFS waiting for this update; guess I will wait a little longer.

Don't understand how this kind of bug can be de-prioritized 9 months after launch.  Appears MS got everyone to spend full price on what appears to be the equivalent of an Early Access title, with the way major features are broken in every "update."

Or you know, they're having a hard time narrowing down the cause?

There could be a million different reasons why it wasn't fixed.

Edited by Tuskin38

Ironic that this is an issue, given they had been working on it and lately was seeing a LOT of traffic

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

32 minutes ago, liamp51 said:

Hmm honestly that is not too bad. I think this "popping" is more prevalent in areas with photogrammetry. It's a little annoying but given the insane boost in performance we've gotten overall, I can live with it for now. Hopefully Asobo can improve this. I think it might also be more pronounced as the servers are getting an absolute thrashing. After looking and watching more videos I'm more optimistic than I was. 

I think the popping could be solved, what we need is a slider that you can increase the viewing angle of the LOD popping. Meaning not only a distance slider. 

It probably does have some performance impact, but I don't believe this is what gives the smooth performance. I think it lowers VRAM usage by quite a bit. But many people have lots of VRAM to spare.

Xbox specs should not dictate the visual fidelity on a more powerful computer, but right now it does.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

No traffic gives a boost increase in fps, so it is perhaps not so strange that they did not fix this immediately....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 minute ago, Ixoye said:

No traffic gives a boost increase in fps, so it is perhaps not so strange that they did not fix this immediately....

LOL, and if they take away all trees, road traffic, ground vehicles at airports, etc.. we will be up to 120 FPS...

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 minutes ago, johnnycaptain said:

Thanks!

The beta testers are only useFUL if the developer listens to them. That has not always been the case with this software.

• Like 2

NAX669.png

23 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Literally just turn on AI traffic for a little bit around NYC - I get almost exactly the same performance. 

Former Child, Current Adult

1 minute ago, mwilk said:

The beta testers are only useFUL if the developer listens to them. That has not always been the case with this software.

Agreed, but having been testing since the Alpha, I do think they listen. Case in point, the current camera system, it may not be everyone's cup of tea atm, but early in the alpha it was an absolute disaster, until there was VERY loud backlash. Communication might not be the greatest, but they definitely do. Unfortunately, software programming isn't as easy as just plugging in values, as it takes time. This AI bug is another one, that was caught but couldnt be fixed in time, and I'm sure it will be fixed soon, but there were game stopping bugs that had to be dealt with first.

• Like 2

Jonathon James

currently investigating a possible trigger for this CTD, looks promising at the moment 🙂

Edited by Kaiii3
  • Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

haven't had a single CTD with online traffic enabled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DylanM said:

haven't had a single CTD with online traffic enabled.

Which aircraft and method do you use? Or is just multiplayer? that's a different...

Edited by awf

André

initial CTD seems to be fixed in Hotfix (at least 4-5 Tests without CTD). But from the looks it seems a new one has emerged.... Spawning mixed AI (FSX MDL and glTF) caused crash on my end, when only using glTF models I have no crash, FSX MDLs also seems to have texture and animation problems (random). Will investiage further.

I would suggest for now: If you want to use AI, then stick to glTF models.

• Like 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Are you suggesting that we remove the FSX.mdl and the fsx xml out of the directory and just have the bin/gltf/xml in the directory and the model cfg? I know in the conversion it says that the animation is disabled?

https://imgur.com/CEnCm4P

Thanks Kaiii3

Greets,

BobM.

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M