Sign in to follow this  
Guest heinzwerner

Every day we check for the update.

>I need performance, I could care less about the horrid snow>effects right now. :( OK Chris, lets say both to make you happy:-jumpy Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Lovely FSX.Wonderful desert textures everywhere.FPS problems if you attempt to tweak it.Mis-stated minimum requirements.Large aircraft that change direction quicker than an F-16.A program that boasts a big step forward in simulation.Dual core and SLI reccomendations falsely given.A definate step-back in progress and the credentials of trusty MS.And producing garbage like this they expect us all to trust Vista and DX10.................Don't make me laugh, please?What a F-----g let-down.-------------------------------------------------------FS9 with all it's bells and whistles will never be beaten.At least upgrading to prepare for FSX has got FS9 running with all sliders to the right.Long live FS9.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Tingoose

Someone talking sense Dave. FS9 will go down in FS history as a classic whilst FSX will be filed into, and already has been by me and some others, the FS2000 turkey bin!

Sorry, Dave. What's the point of your post? Are you saying anything that you don't think has been said a hundred times already? No, you're not. Why don't you give the guys at Aces just a little slack here. They have said there will be a patch. Until that comes out what is the point in repeating the same complaints? If, after that, you still don't like FSX then that's fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion.

Victor, yes I am entitled to my opinion and had it been a

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest WindBeneathMyWings

>Sorry, Dave. What's the point of your post? Are you saying>anything that you don't think has been said a hundred times>already? No, you're not. Why don't you give the guys at Aces>just a little slack here. They have said there will be a>patch. Until that comes out what is the point in repeating the>same complaints? If, after that, you still don't like FSX then>that's fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion. Hello, I am sorry I have to but in here and give someone a sucker punch... LOL I do have to say this with this industry which is pretty sh**ty I have noticed they get away with alot of sh**... You sure as #### don't see Chevrolet put a 2007 Corvette on the market tell you it run's good and show video of it swerving in and out of cone's and doing all this glorious stuff. And put it out on the lot with a 4 cylinder engine. You buy it and spend all this hard earned money excited about this nice new rig pull her off the lot stomp it it sputters chokes and barely moves so you turn around to take it back. They say sorry no return's but you can trade it for another. When knowing dam* good and well you are gonna get the same rig and they tell you to wait 6 months till they get the new engines made. Well guess what they can't do that cause they know good and well that another auto maker is going to take their business. Well this stuff on the other hand is like a grab a** empire they got you by the balls and too bad your gonna have to wait. Ok got that out. Sorry a little frustrated. Happy Landings, x:-) JoshP.S. Sorry must be some viking coming out of the wood work today (LOL)x:-)

But if you buy a 2007 Chevy and don't like it, you can always sell it.Not so with FSX. Once you have registered it, that's it mate, it's rubbish to anyone else.Expensive rubbish.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest WindBeneathMyWings

Dave, Wouldn't disagree with you. I really think this industry at times is worse than a common street thief. And I do not mean that it is like this all the time. What ever happened to the good ole day's a man with a cigar looking dirty a little greased up with a high and tight hair cut and a good classic hand shake & his word seal the deal. Well the world went and got itself in a big dam* hurry... Happy Landings All, Josh

Guest Tingoose

Cut them some slack!!? How much bloody slack do you want me to cut them. When I posted regularly on here a few months ago about this FSX turkey some said that it was a repeat of the FS2002 to FS9 transition. Well, here we are three months on . . . . very few payware addons, endless freeware addons for FS9 with the odd FSX addon in reply. A thriving FS9 forum. It's not the same as last time. People are still with FS9 or are going back to it. FSX has failed. It's in the FSX history books already. Even Peter Wilding who launched a pro FSX tirade initially has come around to the truth. FSX is for GA flying with little else to suck FPs going on around. Not many are drawn to that kind of set up. And there *is* a point to these posts. Such issues need to be raised. I've walked away from the hobby and you can bet your life that there will have been many others who are doing the same too!

Guest Len

>Cut them some slack!!? How much bloody slack do you want me>to cut them. When I posted regularly on here a few months ago>about this FSX turkey some said that it was a repeat of the>FS2002 to FS9 transition. Well, here we are three months on .>. . . very few payware addons, endless freeware addons for FS9>with the odd FSX addon in reply. A thriving FS9 forum. It's>not the same as last time. People are still with FS9 or are>going back to it. FSX has failed. It's in the FSX history>books already. Even Peter Wilding who launched a pro FSX>tirade initially has come around to the truth. FSX is for GA>flying with little else to suck FPs going on around. Not many>are drawn to that kind of set up. And there *is* a point to>these posts. Such issues need to be raised. I've walked away>from the hobby and you can bet your life that there will have>been many others who are doing the same too!>>>A 2.5 rating on Amazon is pretty well a very good cross samplying of opinion of the goose egg that FSX is. Never has there been such an overwhelming rejection so that the previous version is doing brisk business still and has a huge and continued sampling of freeware.

> I've walked away>from the hobby and you can bet your life that there will have>been many others who are doing the same too!>:-violin :-violin :-violinWow...........I haven't even even been worrying about updates. And I'm still using FS9 & FSX without tweaking! :-lol That's it, and I know the answer! I'm not going back to FS9, because I never left it! :-hah Now, if those FS9 planes could just simulate flight as well as they do in FSX, and if the VC feel of being there, worked as well as it does in FSX. And if the ground textures were as clear and defined as in FSX. And if the panels and exteriors could be as crisp and clear as they are in FSX............I wouldn't need FSX at all! :-lol L.Adamson --- not afraid to use both!

Guest Tingoose

Yes Adamson, you and who else. Who else keeps going on about the improved flight model. Chance would be a fine thing. . . at the frame rates most are getting? There used to be some Austarlian chap who kept spouting on about how good FSX was but now he's disappeared u are the main mouthpiece, and if u want to play the violins get out the whole orcehstra,, as I said, I am not the only one. It's a trend Adamson, a trend that means an army of simmers walking away from FSX. You keep enjoying FSX but if Aces were supposed to be progressing with the MSFS series tFSX is a failed attempt. In the bin with it!!! It is not the progress that we were all looking for. If it wa possible to get one's money back after all this time I'm sure FSX ownwers would be queueing up.

Ok you guys. Which part of "Until that comes out (the patch) what is the point in repeating the same complaints?" don't you understand?I know there are complaints. You know there are complaints. Aces know there are complaints. What do you expect to happen when, after Aces said that there will be a patch, those same complaints are repeated and repeated and repeated? No,I'm not trying to stick up for MS. I find posts that try to make out that there are no problems as tiresome as those that say everything is shite. The patch is coming. When it is out then we will see how FSX runs on our systems. If it runs poorly on a lot of systems then you can moan again. In the meantime enjoy FS9 if you want. It's not a competition you know.:-)

>Yes Adamson, you and who else. Who else keeps going on about>the improved flight model. One of the top and very long time flight dynamic modelers in the business, say's so, and their aircraft prove it. Check out the RealAir Marchetti SF260, to see and feel the difference. I "sim" fly this aircraft often in FS9, but it just isn't the same! FWIW, I've also flown the real one, which tends to give me that bit of bias when it comes to the subject.Of course, if your just into the 35,000' FMC crowd, then I doubt you'd appreciate the differences.And what's with this "we" were "all" stuff? Am I suppose to be impressed? Like I've said previously, when the line --- "I'm an FS9 flight simmer"...........works for picking up that good looking girl at the bar........then I'll give it more thought! :-lol L.Adamson