Sign in to follow this  
trimwheel

Killer fsx setup

http://blog.scifi.com/tech/archives/2007/0..._man_drops.htmlNow THAT'S a flight sim system! Anyone want to bet that even with that rig he still only gets 15-20fps in fsx? ;)________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

A bit misleading. I'm sure this is Matt Shiel, the guy who built the full motion B747 cockpit. http://www.hyway.com.au/747/I don't know what that 13 Quad Core thing is in the picture. It might have been his "Starter" sim :-)

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest wyoming

Unless the whole room is full motion!

I don't know about all that. The sim doesn't take advantage of four cores the way it is, let along 52. Not to mention you cannot run this kind of application accross 13 boxes. I call BS.

Guest GA Flyer

The picture is from an article in Popular Science mag or the likes. In that same issue is a picture and article about the 230,000 sim which is completely different. Some of the replies to the blog hummor that.I forget what the pictured seen in the blog is about other than just state of the art home simming as a buyers guide of whats out there.The home sim for 230,000 is a full replica of a boeing I believe.

I know several people using three to five computers (cores) to run FS. It's easy and not a problem.People who use multiple computers this setup is supposed to do are actually running individual FS sessions on each computer. All have to be licensed and purchased.One might run only the 2D panel, one might run just the external video. Everything excep the flight model can be run on different comptuers.Some folks have multiple monitor wrapped around them like windows in a cockpit with no computer / FS session powering more than one monitor - each locked to a particular view.He's not running one application across 13 boxes, but 13 different applications being kept in sync by one external tool.