Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

SU 5 Stutters

31 minutes ago, Slides said:

If you're into cartoonish looking terrain I guess.

😂 😂 😂 😂 

31 minutes ago, Deimos said:

Yeah I would if nVidia had not required a login for whatever the name of their added value suite is.

Edit: Geforce Experience it was... And only my head movement is a bit jerky. But there the problem is in front of the keyboard. As you can see the plane moves smoothly 🙂

Make a fake account and log in. Problem solved 

2 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Make a fake account and log in. Problem solved 

While I like my grumpy old men in this forum, this is too much effort just to prove the end of the world is not coming once again 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slides said:

I have still yet to see these pop ins from an in cockpit video where someone is panning normally. 

As I wrote in another post: it's not the panning, but some of us use camera views, left, right, etc, and this pop in is as clear as the nose on my face.

I use camera views to look out the side windows, back, etc, because i like to see the scenery without going out of the plane. 

As I stated, for me, there was NO reason to do this. My performance with my pc listed below had msfs running and looking perfect on high settings. So good, i didn't even care i could not get an 3080, and had to "settle" for a 5700xt - settle, because a 6 months ago, that's the only high end card i could find at a decent price. 

is MSFS playable, sure. Am i as excited about playing as i was this past Sunday, no. The only thing that has changed is SU5. Like i said, I would pay the 90 dollars again to get MSFS with SU4. Not possible 😞

• Like 1

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

50 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Performance has improved ... make sure you run all marketplace updates also (I had 29 updates pending after the update)  ... this doesn't happen by default after updating to 1.18.13.0.  If you don't run these additional updates it unlikely you'll be able to start a flight.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

Like and respect your posts, and I agree: performance has improved, but I have had no issues with FPS or performance before SU5.

I was very, very happy with my settings on high. Best looking graphic i have seen on a MFS game ever. But what did I have to loss to give others better performance? I contend I lost visual appeal. If this pop in, refreshing was here from that start, i would think, GREAT looking game. But after seeing what MSFS looked like after SU4 and seeing what I see now, I feel "cheated". Right or wrong, these are my feelings, and I will not be denied my feelings, lol.

I wish someone would do two poll:

SU4 or SU5?

Is the side refreshing pop in/ground refreshing (don't know how to term it): 1. a big turn off

2 little turn off

3. no turn off

4. WHY MS/Aboso WHY?

5. the best thing slice slice bread.

For those who have mid - high pcs, did you need the performance gains we have now?

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

35 minutes ago, SlowFlyer said:

there was NO reason to do this.

This is categorically false based on my own testing and from others. 

It was very much needed.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

The inconvenience of "pop in" in only a few certain situations is a price I'm willing to pay over and over for the insane performance gains. 

The FPS are not just higher, but each FPS feels better and smoother due to a drastic reduction in frame times. 

There's always people who complain with every freaking update. Oh, the light reflections are worse after update oh this is bad, that is bad now. This is a massive improvement... stop panning around looking for glitches and pop ins and just FLY!

Edited by n19htmare
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

I say this is the best VR guy on Youtube, here's his reaction...

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Slides said:

This is categorically false based on my own testing and from others. 

It was very much needed.

You keep saying this, and I am telling you this is not true in my case.

My pc was running MSFS perfectly before SU5. I am using the 172, 152, flying around the east coast and NYC.

Maybe you need the increase performance if you fly airlines, I don't know, but please stop saying it was needed. Not for me. 

I believe (my theory only) it was needed to run on the XBOX at acceptable FPS. It wasn't needed for people with recommended pc spec. 

I haven't read many threads/posts, before SU5, where people were clamoring about poor performance. But i haven't checked. And again, not to be "that guy" but i really don't care or worry about other pc running the game, I worry about how it runs for me and what i see.

I guess this is where we say, "to each his own" and "we agree to disagree".

If next year, when faster ram (dd5), faster cpus, faster video cards are coming out, and Aboso thinks they need better performance RIGHT NOW, i worry that the newer pc parts won't be a boom to MSFS. I could be wrong. But knowing better pc parts are coming out next year, those who need better performance would only need to upgrade, as you can with a PC, not so much with an Xbox.

I think if you needed better performance, turn down your settings. Xboxers lower your settings, oh wait, you can't. I guess the software will internally lower the settings on the xbox

Edited by SlowFlyer

Just tried stock King Air and flies like a dream. Zero stutters, tears, or issues. wow.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Turn off Photogrammetry. Solves a lot of issues.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

1 minute ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Just tried stock King Air and flies like a dream. Zero stutters, tears, or issues. wow.

Couldn't you do the same by lowering your setting last week? Now aboso did it for you. There's no magic coding or coding dust to get the better performance. They didn't rewrite the software. They took from here to give you that. They mislea... or I was mistaken by the hype.

4 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Turn off Photogrammetry. Solves a lot of issues.

LOL, yes, the game was built on this idea, but lets turn it off. Might as well lower all the autogen, AI, and cars on the road, and we can all run MSFS on a potato. I kid, i kid. 

with your PC parts, you should not have to sacrifice any settings.

Edited by SlowFlyer

Anyone with stutters, especially after the initial install, try deleting and recreating your rolling cache (especially if you're flying over photogrammetry). Reboot and see there's any improvement (seemed to fix the feeling of "molasses" at my end when panning externally. 

46 minutes ago, SlowFlyer said:

I am using the 172, 152, flying around the east coast and NYC.

Impossible over NYC. I have a 3090 and my frames dropped below 30 fps every so often.

You might be more used to lower fps but most aren't. 

Your premise is wrong for most people.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub